Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

Nah. I think too many people like to engage in pantomime football. No point in even debating things on here about Pardew - peoples minds are made up. Different at the match like...

What the hell does that mean?

What Alan seems to be forgetting is that we only played 2 domestic cup matches.

Spot the odd one out:

http://i.imgur.com/tKZsirb.png

Does that mean the horrendous injury record we have & have had throughout the season didn't happen?

Pretty irrelevant but the squad - until January - wasn't fit for purpose. It's easy to make a bad decision when all you've got on the bench is Shane Ferguson and Nile Ranger.

Our injuries have been horrendous but Pardew is blaming the wrong thing here. We should have signed more players to cope not blame the competition when our thin squad inevitably struggled. Williamson was an injury away to an injury prone from becoming a first choice centre back.

We have had several key players miss far too many games so even if we did sign what we should have in the summer we would have struggled somewhat but I doubt we would be anywhere near where we are now.

The issue is Llambias/Ashley, not the Europa league.

The squad we started this season with was good enough to challenge for CL places, we've massively upgraded in January and we're now ready to challenge for top 10 next season.

He needs to just shut his mouth and get the team ready to win some fucking matches.

Yep.

Unfortunately I think he's proven that he doesn't have what it takes to create a consistent team in the Premier League. Not surprising given his lack of tactical input to our games. Well, it's either lack of input on the tactic front, ala Souness, or he's just not very good at it.

Guest neesy111

Spot the odd one out:

Does that mean the horrendous injury record we have & have had throughout the season didn't happen?

Pretty irrelevant but the squad - until January - wasn't fit for purpose. It's easy to make a bad decision when all you've got on the bench is Shane Ferguson and Nile Ranger.

No, it means that him claiming we've had too many games is utter bollocks.

The squad depth was s****, there's no doubting it. I was one of the board's biggest critics after the summer we had. Still doesn't change the facts about the number of games, which aren't extraordinary at all.

So the point he's making is correct - injuries have hampered us very badly - we're still second in the injury table- but it's a misdirected criticism of the Europa league.

Pardew out.  :lol:

You sound just like Pardew.  A manager's job is to manage around injuries as well were not the only team to get them, every manager before him have had similar injury records to ours this season.

Nah. I think too many people like to engage in pantomime football. No point in even debating things on here about Pardew - peoples minds are made up. Different at the match like...

Who are you referring to? My mind's not made up and I have a season ticket.

Despite it being a regular claim over on Toontastic, not everyone on here is of the same opinion. That's the point of a forum. ;)

Guest bimpy474

My mind is made up by the horrid football, now looking at our squad it shouldn't be that way.

You seem to saying it's unfair to have made a judgement on him, why ?. The football has been terrible, injuries or not you can still try to attack and have some kind of pattern of play.

He has given us turgid football with no gameplan whatsoever, so yes my mind is completely made up that he isn't good enough at all.

Guest Haris Vuckic

My mind is made up by the horrid football, now looking at our squad it shouldn't be that way.

You seem to saying it's unfair to have made a judgement on him, why ?. The football has been terrible, injuries or not you can still try to attack and have some kind of pattern of play.

He has given us turgid football with no gameplan whatsoever, so yes my mind is completely made up that he isn't good enough at all.

Would you trust Danny Simpson or Mike Williamson to do anything but hoof it?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Spot the odd one out:

The squad depth was s****, there's no doubting it. I was one of the board's biggest critics after the summer we had. Still doesn't change the facts about the number of games, which aren't extraordinary at all.

So the point he's making is correct - injuries have hampered us very badly - we're still second in the injury table- but it's a misdirected criticism of the Europa league.

You sound just like Pardew.  A manager's job is to manage around injuries as well were not the only team to get them, every manager before him have had similar injury records to ours this season.

My point is people will have a go at Pardew for making bad decisions, or bad subs when there isn't a good one available. People have agendas because they are spoiled rotten from finishing fifth.

Guest neesy111

Spot the odd one out:

My point is people will have a go at Pardew for making bad decisions, or bad subs when there isn't a good one available. People have agendas because they are spoiled rotten from finishing fifth.

Like he did against Reading.....

Look up hypocrite.

Guest Haris Vuckic

2 shots 2 on

Spot the odd one out:

2 shots 2 on target. Blame the manager = pantomime football.

Cabaye was injured but we still booed the decision.

Just to throw this out there...I want this season to end with us being safely in the premier league and then I'll predict I will go full-on turn on him mode.

I wonder if others are in the same boat too?

Guest bimpy474

Would you trust Danny Simpson or Mike Williamson to do anything but hoof it?

No but are any worse than players like Gareth Mcauley, Stephen Kelly, Garry Monk and numerous limited players in other teams. The difference being their managers encourage them to play.

Our manager is limited in his ability to get the team to play with better players than that, not sure you can argue otherwise with what you witness week in and week out.

There are teams around and ahead of us in the league who have far few resources at their disposal than Pardew has had, injuries or no injuries. That excuse can only get you so far.

Still a manager at a club like Newcastle deserves far more than he's been given (until last January anyway).

Spot the odd one out:

This was people at the game, right?

Guest Haris Vuckic

There are teams around and ahead of us in the league who have far few resources at their disposal than Pardew has had, injuries or no injuries. That excuse can only get you so far.

Still a manager at a club like Newcastle deserves far more than he's been given (until last January anyway).

There's been a lot of contributing factors to our poor season - but it seems the buck stops with Pardew.

The fans want him reach into a bucket of shit and pull out £10.

Guest neesy111

2 shots 2 on

Spot the odd one out:

Yeah at home to Reading who hadn't won away all season and we take off our 2 best attacking players.  If that isn't to do with the manager, then you're absolutely clueless.

Guest bimpy474

Is he not responsible for how he team approaches and plays games, is he not responsible for the shocking defending ?.

He took off all 3 midfielders that were running the game for us that day. It was atrocious management that stemmed from his negative attitude and desperation to shut up shop, while 1-0 up at home to the worst side in the league.

It's all been a mixed s*** bag for us this season no matter which way you look at it.

Pardew is to blame only for the management issues. He couldn't have legislated for the injuries, the lack of squad strength and Ba's departure. He has had a miserable season on account of his shocking team selection and apparent inability to finish teams off and/or win at home when you'd expect us to. Add to that the defeatist mentality when we play away and you have a potentially disastrous outcome.

Fate has conspired against us from all angles, and surely we have to recognize that it's been several factors that have contributed to our current league position, and not just the manager alone. Having said that, Pardew has shown nothing in the way of being the right man for the job going forward.