Alan Pardew

Dave

Getting a bit daft now this. People making out like he's the worst manager in Europe. :lol:

Not at all on my part, he's definitely disappointed me this season and I felt the need to express that...

Next season is definitely make or break.

Can't think of a manager in the league who has got less out of the talents at his disposal than him, in fairness. Haven't watched enough European football in 2013 to comment for the rest of Europe :razz:

Can't think of a manager in the league who has got less out of the talents at his disposal than him, in fairness. Haven't watched enough European football in 2013 to comment for the rest of Europe :razz:

For arguments sake, are you talking about the whole season or since the end of the window?

Think Mancini would run him close tbh

Getting a bit daft now this. People making out like he's the worst manager in Europe. :lol:

:lol:

Think you are being a bit silly, it's not like someone genuinely put forward Gazza as his replacement or anything.

Aye and actually i'd argue Man City have struggled for similar reasons. ( i know they are 2nd but have underperformed a lot due to similar reasons)

Guest bimpy474

Aye and actually i'd argue Man City have struggled for similar reasons. ( i know they are 2nd but have underperformed a lot due to similar reasons)

And like Pardew picking players like Shola and Obertan. Mancini keeps on picking Barry, which baffles the shite of me. You would have thought we all that money he could have bought a better centre midfielder somehow.

A very valid point, he is the sole reason why City have fucked up big time this season.

Guest Dontooner

The standard of football is incomparable, they might not be consistent but they do have a style and play with a system. Rubbish quote that they were just a bunch of individuals, we are are bunch of strangers.

Guest bimpy474

The standard of football is incomparable, they might not be consistent but they do have a style and play with a system. Rubbish quote that they were just a bunch of individuals, we are are bunch of strangers.

Apart from his 3 at the back nonsense earlier in the season, they looked a mess with no pattern at all.

If yaya doesn't play or Aguero as well...They struggle.

And like Pardew picking players like Shola and Obertan. Mancini keeps on picking Barry, which baffles the s**** of me. You would have thought we all that money he could have bought a better centre midfielder somehow.

Aye and speaking of which the other week they had a midfield 3 of Milner-Garcia-Barry :anguish: which came to a grand total of 50m  :kasper:

Exactly what i meant like Pardew with Ba, Ben Arfa and Sissoko... Mancini relies solely on someone doing a bit of magic for him.

But unlike Pardew he has an infinite budget :lol: and obviously much better players for the most part.

Guest Dontooner

Not a Man City or Mancini Fan but its quite obviously to me what they trying to do most of the time , just that they are not clicking in some games. i do agree how he doesnt use his players properly but i do see some tactics and routine passing systems in their play. They still can keep possession quite well unlike us and uses the possession to meaningful attacks unlike us. They can do with a higher level coach with their players strangely i think we are in a similar position. the manager is not good enought for the players .

Guest Dontooner

And like Pardew picking players like Shola and Obertan. Mancini keeps on picking Barry, which baffles the s**** of me. You would have thought we all that money he could have bought a better centre midfielder somehow.

Aye and speaking of which the other week they had a midfield 3 of Milner-Garcia-Barry :anguish: which came to a grand total of 50m  :kasper:

Exactly what i meant like Pardew with Ba, Ben Arfa and Sissoko... Mancini relies solely on someone doing a bit of magic for him.

But unlike Pardew he has an infinite budget :lol: and obviously much better players for the most part.

Rubbish , not sure what you guys watching but they obviously having a style , they struggle without their better players but they still have a style. Unlike us.

Not a Man City or Mancini Fan but its quite obviously to me what they trying to do most of the time , just that they are not clicking in some games. i do agree how he doesnt use his players properly but i do see some tactics and routine passing systems in their play. They still can keep possession quite well unlike us and uses the possession to meaningful attacks unlike us. They can do with a higher level coach with their players strangely i think we are in a similar position. the manager is not good enought for the players .

It's no secret they're looking for a new manager.

Tactics has been a big problem for them this season.... Silva, Kompany, Yaya and Aguero have all struggled immensely under the system Mancini is trying to employ with not great results..... basically he limits the players he has just like Pardew.

I'm pretty confident once they get a new manager you will see the Silva, Kompany, Yaya and Aguero of last season.

Guest bimpy474

Rubbish , not sure what you guys watching but they obviously having a style , they struggle without their better players but they still have a style. Unlike us.

You're quite right, it's just that style gone walkabout a fair bit this season. Southampton away springs to mind, a mess that day.

But overall you're spot on.

Guest Dontooner

Tactics has been a big problem for them this season.... Silva, Kompany, Yaya and Aguero have all struggled immensely under the system Mancini is trying to employ with not great results..... basically he limits the players he has just like Pardew.

I'm pretty confident once they get a new manager you will see the Silva, Kompany, Yaya and Aguero of last season.

Agree with most of what you said, think Mancini's style of play requires the very high level of team play, where they pass and move. Some of their goals and attacks are very devastating and quite difficult to defend against but it would require a very high level of concentration. In some games they pull it off, more often this season they have been  struggling. The same players mention above i thought play very well especially Silva which was untouchable for a large part of last season and  Aguero strength on the attacks.

Imo Mancini is not a great motivator and probably cannot keep his players on the ball of their feet like a certain Ferguson and Mourinho. His mental side of his teams are weak but he is not a lousy manager just not the top of the cream.

I'm not making out he's the worst manager in Europe, i'm making out that he's not good enough for the players we have and the level we're trying to reach.

Guest Dontooner

Nice to have a Manager that we can analyze unlike Pardew, cannot for life understand most of his tactics or decisions. They are so wild and dull. So damn predictable..