Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Does this site have to take a certain amount of people with learning difficulties, rather like where i work.

:lol:  is that a clue? :lol:

As in website ?  not that hard is it ?

I would guess your the only one using this site and working at your place- is there a link?  :lol:

that was the joke btw- Im aware the Pardew  Angryists have lost thier sense of humour like, Pity them tbh.

Nah, on holiday the last two weeks me. Back to work Monday. Which i must say i'm looking forward to immensely. :(

I'm confident we'll do better next season. Primarily because aside from the EL run I'm not really sure how it could have been much worse tbh.

I just want Pardew and the club to learn from their mistakes.

This is me. I also want him to learn from his mistakes because I like Pardew no matter how much I hate his philosophy. I just don't trust him, I don't think he has the ability, but I'd love to believe that he is a good enough manager for us, which for me he hasn't proven.

I'm confident we'll do better next season. Primarily because aside from the EL run I'm not really sure how it could have been much worse tbh.

I just want Pardew and the club to learn from their mistakes.

This is me. I also want him to learn from his mistakes because I like Pardew no matter how much I hate his philosophy. I just don't trust him, I don't think he has the ability, but I'd love to believe that he is a good enough manager for us, which for me he hasn't proven.

This is all I want as well like.. I just think I've seen enough to know that things won't change under his tutelage.

It isn't a bad joke in theory, just poorly executed. The emboldening what more confusing than anything.

?

that was the joke - Im aware the Pardewgedia have lost thier sense of humour like, Pity them tbh.

:shifty:

Guest bimpy474

that was the only way it was ever going to happen.

Has this tactical plan ever worked, against good sides, during Pardew's time here?

Man Utd at home 3-0, the direct play to Shola's head did. He tried this season and Fergie owned him big time.

Guest bimpy474

I wouldn't say we were cautious.

Ah, sorry i see what you mean now.....in that case then no i don't think it ever has.

Our goals against record would be show that.

It's not necessarily the game plans themselves, I wouldn't mind last night's contain and attack in the last 20/the ultra-defensive tactics if it actually paid off.

We can't even get right what we seemingly practice all week :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Going by Pardew's logic, there's more chance of us scoring 2 goals during 70-90 mins than there is,

Compared to scoring 2 goals during a full 0-90 mins.

Strange man.

ridiculous, he stated theres more chance of the opponents scoring in that 70 mins if you attack them, simple fact, and in this scenario that would have ended the game by half time. People are just making things up. :lol:

This.

Re your point of if HBA had scored that shot-

Some of us here have been saying for a while that we can't keep-on relying on individual brilliance to get us out of jail. Last night showed exactly why.

And yet you were satisfied enough?

As HTT said, some of those that are making these pathetic excuses deserve the s*** that have been thrown at their faces this season.

Feel very sorry for the likes of yourself and HTT that you couldn't enjoy a night and be proud of the team after that tbh. If you can't put an agenda against a manager aside after a tie where we came across a better and more experienced European team then I pity you.

Proud of a performance where for 45 minutes we sat back and did pretty much fuck all? A performance that saw us put in a good attacking display for about 10 minutes only? :lol:  Seriously, is this how far we have fallen in terms of expectations? If you feel proud for last night and our showing in this competition this season you're easily pleased.

Exactly apparently Pardew has convinced these people that attack and defending cant happen within first 45 mins of a football match. 

Doesn't ever happen apparently.

I'm convinced Pardew is clueless when it comes to combining the two yeah.

That's something that I've commented on about him, it's either one or the other. We got to Old Trafford and The Emirates and try and play football and we get battered at the back. We try and keep things tight which means we aren't very good at attacking.

Basically our transitional play under him is dreadful.

I've said this a few times.

that was the only way it was ever going to happen.

Has this tactical plan ever worked, against good sides, during Pardew's time here?

When have we played a good side when we were needing to realistically score at least two and keep a clean sheet?

if it hasn't worked in the past, why would it work now?

Going by Pardew's logic, there's more chance of us scoring 2 goals during 70-90 mins than there is,

Strange man.

ridiculous, he stated theres more chance of the opponents scoring in that 70 mins if you attack them, simple fact, and in this scenario that would have ended the game by half time. People are just making things up. :lol:

This.

Some of us here have been saying for a while that we can't keep-on relying on individual brilliance to get us out of jail. Last night showed exactly why.

As HTT said, some of those that are making these pathetic excuses deserve the s*** that have been thrown at their faces this season.

Feel very sorry for the likes of yourself and HTT that you couldn't enjoy a night and be proud of the team after that tbh. If you can't put an agenda against a manager aside after a tie where we came across a better and more experienced European team then I pity you.

Proud of a performance where for 45 minutes we sat back and did pretty much fuck all? A performance that saw us put in a good attacking display for about 10 minutes only? :lol:  Seriously, is this how far we have fallen in terms of expectations? If you feel proud for last night and our showing in this competition this season you're easily pleased.

:thup:

Also, the idea that if we'd scored a second goal the match would have been all over. Looking at our personnel on the pitch at that time, they could have got the goal they needed. In fact, they did anyway meaning we had to score 3 more to win without going to penalties.

Strange man.

This.

Proud of a performance where for 45 minutes we sat back and did pretty much f*** all? A performance that saw us put in a good attacking display for about 10 minutes only? :lol:  Seriously, is this how far we have fallen in terms of expectations? If you feel proud for last night and our showing in this competition this season you're easily pleased.

Another who reads that as "proud of the performance". Nice one. :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

We could have approached the game in many many different ways last night. To try and contain and stifle the opposition who were so relaxed and comfortable for 70 minutes and then HOPE to nick two goals in a 20 minute all or nothing display, however, was the worst possible approach.

We approached the game in the way Benfica initially did. Their whole game plan was to contain us and to play out the match hoping to nick an away goal. They set up that way because they thought we would go for it, to try and get some goals back.

They realised after 10 minutes, however, that we were not going to play like that and started to basically take the piss upon learning that we really were going to try to knock them out in a 20 minute spell.

It was embarrassing and laughable. Honestly, I would destroy Pardew in a tactical battle as would half of this forum. The man is a pseudo coach who has read a few books on Mourinho and thinks he can do the opposition in 20 minutes. What a bell end :lol:

The sight of Cabaye time and time again, on his own box, at home, in a game where we needed to win 2-0 to progress, feeding the ball to Williamson who thens move into midfield to play the ball out, sums Pardew up and this whole tie. The man is absolutely clueless.

To put it in simple terms, our manager thinks the best use of Cabaye is to sit on top of our own penalty area to give the ball to Williamson, who he must feel offers more on the ball than the Frenchman. Williamson played more advanced of Cabaye and played more forward balls in the first 45 minutes.

Even if that wasn't something Pardew instructed, the fact he allowed it to go on says it all.

Defend that, go on!

Every time we play a good side would be by answer :p I hate winning by the odd goal

Really? i couldn't care less as long as we win if i'm honest.

:lol:

I thought the smily made it obvious that I wasn't being serious.