Alan Pardew

Dave

So much hate for him now. Can't see how he is going to ride this one out.

Surely the pressure will become too much for him unless he knows for a fact he definitely isn't getting sacked. Which is the impression I always get from his interviews.

I'd guess there'd actually have to be some more visible form of protest until he feels any pressure from it, like. From a fan perspective, anyway. At the minute, it's nearly all online.

Depends on what you mean by ride it out I suppose. If he keeps us up there's not much doubt he will still be manager next season.

I think there's plenty of doubt.

I don't know obviously, it's always possible Ashley might decide to upgrade him. Just would run contrary to everything they've been saying and doing recently, that's all.

Surely the pressure will become too much for him unless he knows for a fact he definitely isn't getting sacked. Which is the impression I always get from his interviews.

I'd guess there'd actually have to be some more visible form of protest until he feels any pressure from it, like. From a fan perspective, anyway. At the minute, it's nearly all online.

Depends on what you mean by ride it out I suppose. If he keeps us up there's not much doubt he will still be manager next season.

I think there's plenty of doubt.

I don't know obviously, it's always possible Ashley might decide to upgrade him. Just would run contrary to everything they've been saying and doing recently, that's all.

Ashley has spent a lot of time and money to bring players with technical ability here. I cn't really see him being too happy if some of them start agitating for a move, which is inevitable if we keep playing in a fashion they are totally unsuited for. Mike's not totally blinkered I assume, he must have some idea of what's brewing if there's no changes by next season.

That agitating for a move thing is basically speculation though, if even that.

Well yes, it's educated guesswork, no doubt about it. But that doesn't mean it's not valid.

If more than one key player requests a move in the summer citing "footballing reasons" I would hope that would be enough to convince Ashley to get rid. If he isn't convinced already.

Disgusting that we are top of the league for the most long balls per game.

This guy has to go.

Since buying Debuchy, Mbiwa, Sissoko, Haidara and Gouffran our long balls per game have averaged 58.

Which is less than the season long average for 15 other teams in the league...

http://i33.tinypic.com/alm0lk.jpg

Stands to reason that replacing Simpson, Williamson, Perch etc will see an improvement on that score like.

Seems odd to criticise Pardew on something he has so drastically improved in the last 3 months.

Guest bimpy474

This guy has to go.

Since buying Debuchy, Mbiwa, Sissoko, Haidara and Gouffran our long balls per game have averaged 58.

Stands to reason that replacing Simpson, Williamson, Perch etc will see an improvement on that score like.

Seems odd to criticise Pardew on something he has so drastically improved in the last 3 months.

Long passes are not the same as long hoofs, which ours are most of the time, hoof and hope.

Long passes are not the same as long hoofs, which ours are most of the time, hoof and hope.

It doesn't make any sense to level that criticism at Pardew.  Are you saying he is coaching them to hit less long balls, but to not look where they're hitting the ball when they do use it?

I thought that before he complained about the reaction to the derby match. There was virtually fuck all reaction at the full time whistle and the media hardly slated him, so I wonder where he got it from.

The Reading game was an indication of how quickly things can change inside SJP though, and he only really got one sub wrong.

I thought that before he complained about the reaction to the derby match. There was virtually fuck all reaction at the full time whistle and the media hardly slated him, so I wonder where he got it from.

The Reading game was an indication of how quickly things can change inside SJP though, and he only really got one sub wrong.

Aye, Reading was very interesting in terms of how the fans reacted.

I still wonder if his quotes about the derby reaction were as much about specific pundits and writers as they were about the fans.

This guy has to go.

Where were we in this table last year, with those players key components?

I think in this day and age there doesn't always have to be visible protest to cause a feeling of unrest.

Guest icemanblue

I do remember reading a few critical (compared to normal) articles after the derby. The Sunshine Gang were getting quite excited about the journos 'turning', I think. I thought that was what he was referring to in the interview.

67 long balls per game last season.  Pretty close to what we were hittting before the new year.

Course, people don't complain about it while we're winning.

It doesn't make any sense to level that criticism at Pardew.  Are you saying he is coaching them to hit less long balls, but to not look where they're hitting the ball when they do use it?

What's this - reasoned argument backed by actual statistics? Get him lads!  :lol:

67 long balls per game last season.  Pretty close to what we were hittting before the new year.

We definitely pass a lot more now, mainly in our own half. Once we reach the penalty area we usually lob one in towards the striker who is the only one in the vicinity usually. I'm not sur if that's on your stats there but it's what we usually see.

People did complain about it last season.

Well you're wrong there. It's more accurate to say that people get laughed at for complaining while we're winning. Now we're losing.

Well you're wrong there. It's more accurate to say that people get laughed at for complaining while we're winning. Now we're losing.

Agreed. I called it plenty last season and i was far from the only one.

Guest icemanblue

Were you unhappy last season, Dave? The numbers of people who were are growing by the day.

People did complain about it last season.

True.  I got a load of shit for complaining about it :D

What I should have said is people don't want him sacked for it then.