Chelsea 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 25/08/12 - post-fart reaction from page 35

Dave

Jacqui Oatley Verified ‏@JacquiOatley

Pardew "If I'd have come here with Tiote fit and my best team we might have got something. Torres made a meal of it for penalty" #NUFC #CFC

8:21 PM - 25 Aug 12

Who else was missing like? ???

Carroll and Debuchy

Jacqui Oatley Verified ‏@JacquiOatley

Pardew "If I'd have come here with Tiote fit and my best team we might have got something. Torres made a meal of it for penalty" #NUFC #CFC

8:21 PM - 25 Aug 12

Who else was missing like? ???

Hmm, reading that sounds like it's a bit disrespectful to Anita.  Pen was a stonewaller though.

It's a sorry state of affairs when one bloke has £1,000,000,000 to spend playing football manager like.

some people on here have spent 1,000,000,000 hours on the fucking thing by the sounds of it :)

All things considered it's not a bad result and was always going to be a tough ask, we did make things harder for ourselves starting out 4-4-2 (in my opinion) and I hope the penny drops that 4-3-3 is the system we need to progress with, it suits so many of our players that it can't be ignored. No shame tonight however, we gave it our best shot.

Reading gave a better Chelsea team more of a game than what we did tbf.

Maybe gave them a better game but wasn't Terry and Lampard the only changes? Their replacements are arguably as good, in Lampard case possibly better?

Guest BooBoo

Big week ahead.

Get through against the Greeks, just get a player in and we'll be set up for a winnable game against Villa where the season can start for real.

I'm not sure about anyone else but at the moment, it still feels all a bit pre season. Usually after a defeat I'd feel a but down, but tonight I honestly don't feel bothered.

Big week ahead.

Get through against the Greeks, just get a player in and we'll be set up for a winnable game against Villa where the season can start for real.

Exactly, such a tough first week fixture wise and travelling wise. Nice its out the way and we can crack on now.

FWIW we were never really at the races today but I don't think we got played off the park either.

The two Dembas we know can do a whole lot better, Tioté was missed and Cabaye still looks unfit.

They got a penalty because of a stupid mistake and scored one brilliant goal, it wasn't as if they were peppering the goal all game.

We can do better, I don't think there is anything to worry about too much, especially considering the opposition. If the same happens against Villa then fair enough.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've talked about some of the bad points so I'll mention some of the good things...

We hardly launched it long and Krul, even under pressure, played it short to a full-back or into Colo/the midfield.

Taylor looks strong and fit and didn't put a foot wrong. Colo is back.

We were undone by a penalty and a very good Torres goal.

Anita looks a decent player despite his stupid penalty foul.

Ben Arfa despite my disappointment in him (see other thread) was very sharp, full of tricks, skills and posed a real threat. He looked at times the bets player on the pitch and that's because he is.

Second half we were much better.

We created several good chances. Both Ciss (header) and Ba (close range) should have scored.

Cabaye although not fully fit, is one more game fitter and played well second half.

Santon played really well second-half.

Jonas worked his bollocks.

We didn't capitulate ala Fulham away etc. last season or even against Chelsea at home when it could have been far more than a 3-0 defeat.

This is a good Chelsea side, although they will not get anywhere near winning the league and may even struggle but that's more to do with their manager and the way they like to set up after taking a lead or after the break. They beat us and were comfortable at times but were nowt special.

Lastly, there is far more to come from us, more gears. Cisse and Ba haven't even started yet nor has Cabaye and wait until Douglas, Debuchey and Carroll join up with the lads...

I've talked about some of the bad points so I'll mention some of the good things...

We hardly launched it long and Krul, even under pressure, played it short to a full-back or into Colo/the midfield.

Ben Arfa despite my disappointment in him (see other thread) was very sharp, full of tricks, skills and posed a real threat. He looked at times the bets player on the pitch and that's because he is.

We created several good chances. Both Ciss (header) and Ba (close range) should have scored.

Cabaye although not fully fit, is one more game fitter and played well second half.

We didn't capitulate ala Fulham away etc. last season or even against Chelsea at home when it could have been far more than a 3-0 defeat.

This is a good Chelsea side, although they will not get anywhere near winning the league and may even struggle but that's more to do with their manager and the way they like to set up after taking a lead or after the break. They beat us and were comfortable at times but were nowt special.

Lastly, there is far more to come from us, more gears. Cisse and Ba haven't even started yet nor has Cabaye and wait until Douglas, Debuchey and Carroll join up with the lads...

:thup:

Guest BooBoo

We are so unfit it´s just unreal. And that is not just about fitness, also about our accuracy in passing, moment. What the hell are we doing in our pre-seasons?!

Spent most of it buggering about jetting from Germany to Portugal to Holland and then Cardiff. Ridiculous trashing pre season, not sure who planned that.

Guest bimpy474

We are so unfit it´s just unreal. And that is not just about fitness, also about our accuracy in passing, moment. What the hell are we doing in our pre-seasons?!

Spent most of it buggering about jetting from Germany to Portugal to Holland and then Cardiff. Ridiculous trashing pre season, not sure who planned that.

We couldn't play any home games because of the olympics. True enough we could have just had games here.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think it was done moreso to get to grips with logistics of travel and games in quick succession etc. as Pardew hinted at in his talk-in, basically while the players were getting a work out so too were the staff and people who book hotels, plain tickets, sort security etc.

Still, it was a daft pre-season and even the manager himself pretty much said it pissed the players off and didn't go as well as he hoped.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

Should have just done a tour of one country, dunno why we had to go to three.

Appearance money in that tournament i bet.

Guest BooBoo

I know footballers are pampered but that pre season would have annoyed me too. Far too much travelling. No wonder they couldn't be arsed at Cardiff.