NUFC v Atromitos - Thursday 30/08/12 @ 8pm - Live on ITV4 (and ITV4+1!)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

We need to smash these lot off the park, would be a good kick start for a run of form.

Harper

Tavernier  -  Williamson - Perch - Santon

Raylor  -  Gosling  -  Marveaux

Campbell  -  Ba  -  Amalfitano

Have players in Anita, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse to come on if things get hairy.

I'd play Cisse and Cabaye from the start as both look like they need to get some match 'sharpness'.

Amalfitano looked good when he came on last week so I'd like to see more of him.

I'm happy with Harper, Perch, Williamson and R.Taylor. If Ferguson is fit play him at left back and R.Taylor at right back.

Marveaux should play again. If Tiote is still going to be injured for the Aston Villa game I'd rest Anita for this game.

If Shola is fit start him and have Campbell on the bench.

Ba will probably start over Cisse after Cisse played last Thursday and yesterday.

I think Cisse will play for the same reasons as Cabaye would: to gain fitness.

He's played nearly 3 full games in the last week. Giving him 20-30 mins at the end would be better for him imo.

Ba will probably start over Cisse after Cisse played last Thursday and yesterday.

I think Cisse will play for the same reasons as Cabaye would: to gain fitness.

He's played nearly 3 full games in the last week. Giving him 20-30 mins at the end would be better for him imo.

Well, I said he'd play, not necessarily start.  :fishing:

Wouldn't mind playing Ba up front instead of Cisse, for a start will reassure him he'll get time in that central position and let Pards play him wherever in bigger games...

as if Pards is ever really going to play 4-3-3 anyway

:troll:

Guest bimpy474

I'd play Cisse in this. Should give a fair chance to score and regain some form. Give him an hour or so.

We'll risk burning him out if we play him too often too early.

I dont think thats a problem. After the Villa game we dont play for 2 weeks.

Guest bimpy474

I'd play Cisse in this. Should give a fair chance to score and regain some form. Give him an hour or so.

Not an hour. 45 minutes is the most I'd give him imo, realizing that he's been playing a lot lately.

45mins might be ok.

It would be later in the season if he was to suffer from too many games.  He's just played twice in less than 48 hours and to add another couple of games in less than 70 hours would be madness.  Players do need time between games to prevent fatigue and I think that was showing yesterday because he was nowhere near as sharp as he should have been.

Guest bimpy474

It would be later in the season if he was to suffer from too many games.  He's just played twice in less than 48 hours and to add another couple of games in less than 70 hours would be madness.  Players do need time between games to prevent fatigue and I think that was showing yesterday because he was nowhere near as sharp as he should have been.

I did say take him off after an hour or 45mins as Dyeyzzon said. I'm thinking more of getting some form going. Maybe nab a goal for confidence.

We have free range in this one because of the two week break. We can pretty much pla anyone on thursday and again on sunday.

Although I expect to see two largely different sides for both games, he can afford to play some key players in both games.

Guest Spiria

krul

tav

perch

colo

raylor

amalfitano

anita

cabaye

marveaux

cisse

ba

I don't think Marveaux best role is as a attacking milfielder/forward.

He is more a playmaker.

Harper

R. Taylor  Perch  Williamson  Santon

Bigirimana  Gosling  Marveaux

Ben Arfa                            Amalfitano

Ba

Subs:  Krul,  Tavernier, Coloccini, Vuckic, Anita, Campbell, Cisse