Nail your colours to the mast - where will we finish?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After our pathetic transfer window, 10th.

Too many clubs below us last season have strengthened, and despite what many cretins on here think, the fact that "we're Newcastle" doesn't make us good enough by default.

7th place?? Not while we have Ashley and/or Pardew. Absolutely no chance.

We need to aim for 16th/17th.

Terrible owner (do NOT try the "he keeps us afloat crap", thats nowhere near true), poor manager, amnd a team that man-for-man is worse than the one that got relegated. So 7th?? muahahaha.

Guest Roger Kint

Too many clubs below us last season have strengthened, and despite what many cretins on here think, the fact that "we're Newcastle" doesn't make us good enough by default.

Terrible owner (do NOT try the "he keeps us afloat crap", thats nowhere near true), poor manager, amnd a team that man-for-man is worse than the one that got relegated. So 7th?? muahahaha.

:lol:

knee-jerk tastic. :lol:

Really don't understand why because some mid-table clubs have spent some money we will finish 10th or bottom half....

We are still miles better than anyone outside the top 8 and can't see us finishing lower than that.

How did we go from finishing 5th to a bottom half team while losing none of our players, really don't get it.

Guest bimpy474

Really don't understand why because some mid-table clubs have spent some money we will finish 10th or bottom half....

We are still miles better than anyone outside the top 8 and can't see us finishing lower than that.

How did we go from finishing 5th to a bottom half team while losing none of our players, really don't get it.

Because the others spent a bit, but as people have pointed out, a lot of those buys were replacements for players sold.

One day i'm going to get my arse served on a plate like that. I never remember the shite i spout on here.

He's always been an arsehole, got nothing to add to the forum at all. He seems a very angry little man, and strangely unaccepting of others' opinions considering he's held high positions at various government/council departments.

Anyway he can fuck off.

Because the others spent a bit, but as people have pointed out, a lot of those buys were replacements for players sold.

Aye but that's only the clubs in the top 6 or 7 really, a fair amount of people think we will struggle to get top half or just knick it.

For that to happen we will have to finish below the likes of Villa, Fulham, Sunderland, Stoke, etc etc can anyone really see that even in the worse possible of scenarios?

Be Positive  O0

One day i'm going to get my arse served on a plate like that. I never remember the shite i spout on here.

He's always been an arsehole, got nothing to add to the forum at all. He seems a very angry little man, and strangely unaccepting of others' opinions considering he's held high positions at various government/council departments.

Anyway he can fuck off.

He's a bit like Eric (except much worse) in that he's not daft and could actually make some decent points if he wasn't wallowing in a sea of bile. But yes, probably best he just takes a couple of valium and fucks off.

Guest bimpy474

Anyway he can fuck off.

Ahhh i see, Angry on the internet is such a strange thing imo. Its quite nutty really.

Guest bimpy474

Aye but that's only the clubs in the top 6 or 7 really, a fair amount of people think we will struggle to get top half or just knick it.

For that to happen we will have to finish below the likes of Villa, Fulham, Sunderland, Stoke, etc etc can anyone really see that even in the worse possible of scenarios?

Be Positive  O0

Oh aye ;)

One day i'm going to get my arse served on a plate like that. I never remember the s**** i spout on here.

Anyway he can f*** off.

I think I'd be angry if I had worked for either.

Yep, the only sides near us that got better were Chelsea & Everton. Plus we have Cisse, Santon & Ben Arfa for a whole year, along with Saylor & Marveaux back. Perch 2.0 is like a new player too. So, whilst we should've pushed for more during the window, we're still fine in comparison with those around us. I think we'll safely be 4th-8th.

In fact, think tottenham is weakened, Adebayor is going to have his famous 2nd season syndrome at new club. Van der Vaar IS better then the Iceland boy and they just lost the glue in the club. On another note they also lost their best and most influental defender due to retirement. Stats from last season had them down with almost no losses/goals against with King back there versus somebody else.

Everton, now they have vastly improved, seems to have added the goals they have been lacking for years, Fellaini keep taking steps towards the top of the world. They just seems to be improving left and right after another cash injection from the wealthy manchesters.

Fulham, really unsure tbf. they gained a good forward, but lost the main goalscorer from the past two seasons. Yet again they lost Dembele aswell wich is a huge loss as he was integrated and was pretty much running things on the pitch. Personally, they are weakened.

Liverpool, might have gained a new philosophy, but they lost Kuyt and Bellamy, two players who actually put the ball in the net. Loaned out Carroll and are a injury away from serious crisis up top.

Think we really are dependant on Ba/Cisse having a good season, but we've gained a few players back from injury, so very uncertain, my guess is fight for 7th again and repeat buisness. But wouldn't be surprised if we were fighting a place or two higher by christmas if things go our way and ba or cisse finds that tremendous scoring form again.

Guest James1892

Astounding that people on here think we'll finish bottom half. Same squad as last year, with Anita instead of Guthrie, who managed to finish 5th. If needs be we can strengthen in January, most likely with the players we were aiming for this window.

With the teams around us, not many have strengthened. Chelsea have significantly, and Everton seem to have. But Tottenham have lost their playmaker, Fulham have lost Dempsey and Dembele and Liverpool are a fucking shambles of a club. The mackems aren't going to catch us up and I can't see anyone making the same jump up the league we made last year.

I can't see much importance being placed on the Europa League unless we perform very well in the group stages so I'm not too worried about our best players getting injured in it. I'd be happy with a top 7 finish and I think it's acheivable. Some bloody doom merchants on here.

Went with 6th.

Think the top three will separate from the pack.

My feeling is Arsenal will claim 4th, but if they struggle 4th is wide open with Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, us and maybe a surprise package having some sort of shot.