sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 21/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

Wow the analyst's, Townsend, Curbs and Dermot Galgacher are certain it was a straight red, wtf ???

Because people in the media are totally fair when it comes to us :thup:

I'd like to know what Wilkins and Quinn think of Larsson's tackle. Far worse than Tioté's

Clean tackle marra.

From Alan, Man Utd fan, via text:

"I'm sorry but that was never a straight red card!!! Tiote was pulled off balance by Colback, was not looking at Fletcher and clearly had eyes for the ball. Terrible decision from Martin Atkinson made worse by lack of consultation with the Assistant who had a much better view."

Very even. They're probably unlucky to be behind, they've played the better stuff in general play. We're awfully negative since the switch, and though they haven't looked much like scoring I'm worried that inviting them on all the time will eventually prove a bad idea. It's not like we've got much pace on the counter either, Ben Arfa aside.

What ????

What what?

/

Think he wants to know if you're watching the same match as us. Out of interest, are you?

What exactly do you disagree with?

Well I think we're worth the lead. I think they've been quite poor and while they had chances they haven't looked like scoring yet. Well I don't think we've been as comfortable as some people have been making out I don't think its as even as you're making it out.

I mean, you'd never know they were a home team with a numerical advantage.

I said they'd not really looked like scoring. Neither have we. To me that's pretty even. Since the Perch sub we basically sat in our own half apart from set pieces, and it worries me that they'll get up a head of steam.

If all that suggests I'm watching a different game then sorry.

Yet we could very easily be 2-0 up.

Guest Howaythetoon

That was never a red, his eyes were on the ball at all times which was moving and bouncing and fletcher was running at him with such pace some kind of contact was enevitable. His foot was high but he disn't lash out or deliberately kick him. Shola actually gets kicked in te chest but nowt...

Very even. They're probably unlucky to be behind, they've played the better stuff in general play. We're awfully negative since the switch, and though they haven't looked much like scoring I'm worried that inviting them on all the time will eventually prove a bad idea. It's not like we've got much pace on the counter either, Ben Arfa aside.

What ????

What what?

/

Think he wants to know if you're watching the same match as us. Out of interest, are you?

Well I think we're worth the lead. I think they've been quite poor and while they had chances they haven't looked like scoring yet. Well I don't think we've been as comfortable as some people have been making out I don't think its as even as you're making it out.

I said they'd not really looked like scoring. Neither have we. To me that's pretty even. Since the Perch sub we basically sat in our own half apart from set pieces, and it worries me that they'll get up a head of steam.

Yet we could very easily be 2-0 up.

But we're not. :lol:

Anyway, the performance matters little in this fixture. Just my opinion.

What ????

What what?

/

Not really looked like scoring ?? But we did ??? How did that happen, plus we had a free kick from Cabaye and and overhead from Ba, both close chance. We are away from home in a derby a man down, we have to be cautious and protect what we have, got to be mindful of that. This will be a defensive performance and play on the break for the remainder of the game or until the Mackems take the lead, hopefully it's the former.

If you think Tiote's challenge was worthy of a red then you're mental. In any other game that doesn't even warrant a yellow, the ref's looked at it through the lens of a derby and assumed that it was much worse than it actually was. My guess is that in the build up to today he's been expecting a fiery blood-and-guts type game and has been preparing himself to have to be strong. If it had been that type of game he could be forgiven for seeing that as a red, but it hasn't been and he's not been able to re-assess his view. He's let the situation get on top of him and has made a poor, poor, decision, it's weak refereeing and is simply the low-light in what's been a poor performance from the officials today.