Newcastle Utd 1 - 3 Man City - 15/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 32

Beren

City have played like us at times in second half of last season, not many chances but really clinical

Over the course of the whole game? :lol:

Are you this man:

http://www.christophernolan.net/images/memento_stills_20.jpg

Second half lol

if City took their chances we would had been finished before we even woke up for the 2nd half.

Let's not talk about luck.

If we took our chances we would have been 3-0 up before they scored their first, if we had have taken our chances in the 2nd half we would be away from them.

Guest Craig-NUFC

if City took their chances we would had been finished before we even woke up for the 2nd half.

Could also spin that round and say that if we had taken our chances early on then we would have taken the lead

Encouraged by the 2nd half performance but would have taken a point over performance in this match.  Much to take forward into the QPR game.

Still.....would like pardew to explain why we couldn't play like that in the first half?  I can't remember us playing well in a first half all season with the exception of the mackems.

They should have finished the game in the first 20 minutes, like ManU did. The fact that they didn't was entirely down to them. And this has been a regular theme under Pardew - we're just very lucky that most teams aren't genuinely clinical on a consistent basis.

Encouraged by the 2nd half performance but would have taken a point over performance in this match.  Much to take forward into the QPR game.

Still.....would like pardew to explain why we couldn't play like that in the first half?  I can't remember us playing well in a first half all season with the exception of the mackems.

How about shortly over an hour and a half ago (first 10 minutes)? Or did you mean for an entire half?

Anita MOTM by a country mile.

Decent performance by all IMO, yes even Williams and Simpson. Poor first half by Santon though.

Had HBA been playing, dare I say it, we would have got something out of this.

Id say more if cabaye had been playing we would have got something, him in for perch and hba for cisse would have been perfect for today.

How about shortly over an hour and a half ago (first 10 minutes)? Or did you mean for an entire half?

Soz... meant for an entire half.  always seem to stumble in to half time desperate to re-group.  Is it down to tactics not being right or players not doing what they've been asked to do?

I think he probably meant for more than the first ten minutes, don't you think?