Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sad state of affairs when Newcastle United can't compete on wages with Queens Park Rangers. :undecided: Not that I'm saying we should in this case like.

You can say that about every other case. We reportedly couldn't give Ba, one of the top strikers in the country, the very reasonable 60/70k he wanted, now we can't compete with fucking QPR for his replacement. It's the same story for transfer fees, where we are being massively outspent by most other Premiership clubs. Ashley's business model has its merits, but it's also holding us back massively when it comes to realising our potential.

There. I've bolded the other bit now where you equated the transfer fees with our wages policy. Happy now you pedantic twat?

It's all right lads. Remember:

From Dean in Newcastle, via text: "No fan quite knows the emotional rollercoaster quite like a Newcastle fan!"

Chris Lord on Twitter: "Erm.. Dean? I'm sure us Arsenal fans know it probably more."

Arsenal fans amuse me.

Champions League every year, multiple trophies in the last 20 years.

The poor cunts.

:snod:

Guest nufcmatty2010

Right guys gonna call it a night been good reading on here tonight lets hope for good news tommorrow but i dowt it night all

"We can't compete with the big wages that some of the clubs in this division are paying."

"We tried to get the deal over the line, but unfortunately Loyick chose to go to QPR and we wish him all the best."

"I have no doubt that Mike and Derek are trying their best to sign a player or two to help us out of this relegation battle, but we don't have a lot of money and it is very difficult to sign players in January."

"I'm still confident that we can get at least one deal over the line, to give Papiss some support. But don't forget, we've got Shola who has done a terrific job and Gabby too."

"It's now my job to think about Saturday. Yohan is back and we have Matthew who was really good against Norwich too."

"We need the fans on our side for all of the game if we are going to get out of trouble. Reading are a strong team and they will batter us, but as long as we don't concede then we have a chance."

Just saving you the job Pards :thup:

It's reported that the aim is to finish top 8 in the league. If that is the case and the other 7 are the "bigger" clubs (Utd, City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton, Arsenal, Liverpool) you'd expect to be in there i'd reckon only Jelavic would be a first choice striker on less than 70k a week. We clearly think Remy capable of being that level if willing to agree the fee but want to pay him half what others are on.

I don't know enough about Remy to say if he's worth that but to get a striker to replace Ba you're looking at someone who's going to want the going rate or finding another undervalued player that will be off in a years time when someone will pay him what others are getting.

Don't.

Sad state of affairs when Newcastle United can't compete on wages with Queens Park Rangers. :undecided: Not that I'm saying we should in this case like.

You can say that about every other case. We reportedly couldn't give Ba, one of the top strikers in the country, the very reasonable 60/70k he wanted, now we can't compete with f***ing QPR for his replacement. It's the same story for transfer fees, where we are being massively outspent by most other Premiership clubs. Ashley's business model has its merits, but it's also holding us back massively when it comes to realising our potential.

I doubt that's true. Misrepresenting the facts isn't going to help any.

There you go sir:

http://i.imgur.com/bBUiA.jpg

Source?, the numbers look very odd even at first glance.

http://transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

All the transfers are there. Knock yourself out.

Yep doesn't add up at all.  Just for example they have QPR as only selling players for the amount of £850k over the last 5 seasons.  Yet they've sold 13 players for fees in that time and just two of those come to 750k, they're just not including any fees that were undisclosed because they didn't know the fee at the time.  I don't doubt we'll be near the bottom of that table, but the source itself isn't very accurate.

For the sake of maybe £500k a year, i can't believe we've lost this lad to QPR.

It could be the difference of fat boy losing £50million or whatever it will be next season.

It's not though is it.

Pay Remy £80k a week, then you'll get HBA, Cisse, Cabaye, etc thinking "hang on a second".

Not getting the players we need to stay up will probably have our best assets thinking 'Hang on a second' as well though.

Regardless of signings it will be keeping Pardew that will make up players minds on whether it'll be better stay or go.

Mark Douglas‏@MsiDouglas

Tomorrow in Journal: QPR get #nufc target Remy, 2 new/old striker targets & what really happened when Le Delegation went to France last wk

Bet it is underwhelming.

Abuwang and Erdinc.

Mark Douglas‏@MsiDouglas

Tomorrow in Journal: QPR get #nufc target Remy, 2 new/old striker targets & what really happened when Le Delegation went to France last wk

Bet it is underwhelming.

Abuwang and Erdinc.

gamiero and er-fucking-dinc

:anguish:

It's reported that the aim is to finish top 8 in the league. If that is the case and the other 7 are the "bigger" clubs (Utd, City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton, Arsenal, Liverpool) you'd expect to be in there i'd reckon only Jelavic would be a first choice striker on less than 70k a week. We clearly think Remy capable of being that level if willing to agree the fee but want to pay him half what others are on.

I don't know enough about Remy to say if he's worth that but to get a striker to replace Ba you're looking at someone who's going to want the going rate or finding another undervalued player that will be off in a years time when someone will pay him what others are getting.

Us and Everton would be the only ones with maybe a couple of players at most on 70K a week. The point is, nobody can pay the "going rate" if it's set by Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U. Even Liverpool have been paying silly money, although their FFP loophole deals will help them there. If 80Kpw is the true figure, then QPR are paying wages that even Spurs can't afford, and we actually have a pretty high turnover.

You can say that about every other case. We reportedly couldn't give Ba, one of the top strikers in the country, the very reasonable 60/70k he wanted, now we can't compete with f***ing QPR for his replacement. It's the same story for transfer fees, where we are being massively outspent by most other Premiership clubs. Ashley's business model has its merits, but it's also holding us back massively when it comes to realising our potential.

There. I've bolded the other bit now where you equated the transfer fees with our wages policy. Happy now you pedantic t***?

:facepalm:

Us and Everton would be the only ones with maybe a couple of players at most on 70K a week. The point is, nobody can pay the "going rate" if it's set by Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U. Even Liverpool have been paying silly money, although their FFP loophole deals will help them there. If 80Kpw is the true figure, then QPR are paying wages that even Spurs can't afford, and we actually have a pretty high turnover.

:thup: