Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You can all hide in a dark cupboard and spew nonsense but QPR are doing everything in their power to stay up...Are we?

How do you know we're not? Do you really think they're all sat back in their plush chairs going "meh, whatever"? If QPR paid him more per week, then fair do's to them. Like it or not, our club and its owner do business in a certain way, and he's well within his right seeing as he owns the damn thing. The Remy thing wasn't a charade (nowhere near the Ruiz debacle). He just chose someone else over us. We'll have other targets lined up. Next season's money is too good for fatty to f*** this one up. This fact is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment.

I hope you're right obviously.

Me too. Hold me, I'm scared  :(

Guest Ebolarama

I'm annoying we haven't landed him, but I can't really direct any hatred at QPR or 'Arry. That's football. We got gazumped. Simple as that. If we're not canny enough in the transfer market, that's our fault.

I'm annoying we haven't landed him, but I can't really direct any hatred at QPR or 'Arry. That's football. We got gazumped. Simple as that. If we're not canny enough in the transfer market, that's our fault.

We have proved ourselves to be pretty canny TBF. In this case it's that we don't have enough money.

For those saying Fernandes is an idiot, bear in mind that the guy's been in charge for a year and he's learning very quick. He knows it's not sustainable to pay Park 50k/pw but it's more important to stay in the league than worry about change like a few hundred thousand, or a million or two. One of the first things the guy did when he came was talk about increasing revenue and expanding their stadium. He knows what has to be done, now he just has to do it. Harry is a good manager and if they're able to sign a couple of players, they'll survive. Then they'll start clearing out the deadwood in the summer and that's when they can control their wages and spend more responsibly. But firstly they have to survive. Fernandes is a smart businessman.

PS. You don't judge a smart businessman by whether he makes mistakes but by how fast he learns and whether he makes the same mistakes. The guy is learning quick. He dumped Hughes quick, got in a good manager and he's not repeating the same mistakes by signing old players for big money. Remy and M'Vila are players in their primes with many years to go, not hasbeens like Park and Bosingwa. Fernandes got f***ed by Hughes but that's going to be the last time he's getting screwed by a simpleton manager who has no financial sense.

If a smart businessman is one who learns quickly, then Ashley definitely does NOT qualify...!

Guest Ebolarama

We have proved ourselves to be pretty canny TBF. In this case it's that we don't have enough money.

Yes, fair enough. But my point still stands. If we haven't got the money, then don't spray vitriol at QPR. Hopefully we're already moving for another target as we speak.

Yes, fair enough. But my point still stands. If we haven't got the money, then don't spray vitriol at QPR. Hopefully we're already moving for another target as we speak.

Yep, QPR have a strategy and so do we. I know who's recent signings I'd rather have though.

For those saying Fernandes is an idiot, bear in mind that the guy's been in charge for a year and he's learning very quick. He knows it's not sustainable to pay Park 50k/pw but it's more important to stay in the league than worry about change like a few hundred thousand, or a million or two. One of the first things the guy did when he came was talk about increasing revenue and expanding their stadium. He knows what has to be done, now he just has to do it. Harry is a good manager and if they're able to sign a couple of players, they'll survive. Then they'll start clearing out the deadwood in the summer and that's when they can control their wages and spend more responsibly. But firstly they have to survive. Fernandes is a smart businessman.

PS. You don't judge a smart businessman by whether he makes mistakes but by how fast he learns and whether he makes the same mistakes. The guy is learning quick. He dumped Hughes quick, got in a good manager and he's not repeating the same mistakes by signing old players for big money. Remy and M'Vila are players in their primes with many years to go, not hasbeens like Park and Bosingwa. Fernandes got f***ed by Hughes but that's going to be the last time he's getting screwed by a simpleton manager who has no financial sense.

If a smart businessman is one who learns quickly, then Ashley definitely does NOT qualify...!

Given how he was during his first transfer window compared to how he is now?

If anything the man learns too effectively :yao:

Just had a look at QPR's major honours list :

League Cup 67-68

I know we aren't in the position to laugh at anybody about major honours but that is canny hilarious. He is basically signing for Middlesborough.

Hardly matters. They're pretty much the 4th richest club in the Premier League right now and in modern football, money = long term prospects for success.

Keegan said it all. Ashley's biggest problem is that he knows nothing about football and surrounds himself with people who also know nothing about football. They're all business men not football fans.

If he atleast had someone in there who knew something about football even if that person was aware of wage ceilings and stringent financial constraints he might've been able to avoid some of the car crash decision making.

That said I suppose he tried that with Wise :lol:

Keegan said it all. Ashley's biggest problem is that he knows nothing about football and surrounds himself with people who also know nothing about football. They're all business men not football fans.

Needs to be a balance really. There need to be football people to suggest a goal to move towards and businessmen to ensure they get there in a sustainable way.

As wonderful a manager as he is, I certainly wouldn't want Kevin Keegan to be our owner :lol:

If he does sign for QPR he may not actually set the world alight given his season so far. Just remember a lot of people were going into meltdown when we didn't clinch the Gervinho signing and he didn't exactly turn out to be brilliant. Having said that we need to get one of our other targets before the window ends.

Needs to be a balance really. There need to be football people to suggest a goal to move towards and businessmen to ensure they get there in a sustainable way.

As wonderful a manager as he is, I certainly wouldn't want Kevin Keegan to be our owner :lol:

It's obvious thought that Keegan is right here though, and he said this over 2 years ago and nothing has changed

QPR have someone willing to spend money to save the club from relegation. We don't.

They have a wily ars*hole of a manager like Redknapp. We have Pardew who seems to have problems finding his ars* with both hands

Ashley doesn't have any one telling him that penny pinching and waiting another transfer window to get players that little bit cheaper has a negative effect on the team. He doesn't have any one telling him that buying players purely because they're cheap doesn't help with building a coherent starting 11. He has Pardew telling him that you need depth (IE 2 players for every position) but he's never listened to him seemingly.

After just reading The Secret Footballer I wouldn't take anything from SSN as gospel... He highlighted how easy it was for someone to get something on the yellow strap line... Having said that the word coming out from the local media doesn't sound very hopeful... We can dress up in lots of ways but no doubting its a big blow if we don't sign him after the momentum gained from signing Debuchy... Like many have said both the deals should've been done in the summer building on the back of a positive season...

It's obvious thought that Keegan is right here though, and he said this over 2 years ago and nothing has changed

Quite a bit has changed since the Keegan days. We're just finding different ways to fail.

Have we ? We LOOKED as if we did with Cisse, then look at his goals return this season..

We LOOKED as if we did with Tiote but he is now unrecognizable as the player we signed...

We probably DID get lucky with both Cabaye and HBA(the latter because he had been at loggerheads with his previous manager) but how long do you think they will remain at SJP if we either get relegated or just miss it?

We missed out on De Jong and he has not been a success so far at Moenchengladbach - likewise Douglas - we had to sell Ba for a relative pittance because we wouldn't have got him anyway if we hadn't agreed to the exit clause in his contract and we got lucky with selling Carroll because Liverpool were stupid enough to pay 35m for him.

Obertan has been poor and Bigi is still a young player...Good is on loan to Bradford .

Colo is probably the best signing we have made ..do you think Ashley would have agreed to pay Colo's original contract.

Then we have the likes of Williamson...perhaps we won't go there..

As for Debuchy, there is NO way he would have arrived at SJP if Cabaye hadn't been there.....

Colo was getting 80,000 a week...do you think THAT was stupid and would Ashley pay any player that now, even though that is reputedly what Remy is getting from QPR ?

If we don't have enough money how come QPR did and whose fault is it if a club getting 50,000 gates versus one getting 20,000 odd can't compete in the transfer market ?

Have we ? We LOOKED as if we did with Cisse, then look at his goals return this season..

We LOOKED as if we did with Tiote but he is now unrecognizable as the player we signed...

We probably DID get lucky with both Cabaye and HBA(the latter because he had been at loggerheads with his previous manager) but how long do you think they will remain at SJP if we either get relegated or just miss it?

We missed out on De Jong and he has not been a success so far at Moenchengladbach - likewise Douglas - we had to sell Ba for a relative pittance because we wouldn't have got him anyway if we hadn't agreed to the exit clause in his contract

and we got lucky with selling Carroll because Liverpool were stupid enough to pay 35m for him.

Obertan has been poor and Bigi is still a young player...Good is on loan to Bradford .

Colo is probably the best signing we have made and that was under KKs management - there is no way Ashley would have agreed to Colo's original contract.

As for Debuchy, there is NO way he would have arrived at SJP if Cabaye hadn't been there.....

If we don't have enough money how come QPR did and whose fault is it if a club getting 50,000 gates versus one getting 20,000 odd can't compete in the transfer market ?

A London club with 20,000 would be more attractive to most foreign players than NUFC with 50,000 or even 70,000.

We missed out on De Jong and he has not been a success so far at Moenchengladbach - likewise Douglas - we had to sell Ba for a relative pittance because we wouldn't have got him anyway if we hadn't agreed to the exit clause in his contract

and we got lucky with selling Carroll because Liverpool were stupid enough to pay 35m for him.

Colo is probably the best signing we have made and that was under KKs management - there is no way Ashley would have agreed to Colo's original contract.

A London club with 20,000 would be more attractive to most foreign players than NUFC with 50,000 or even 70,000.

It's all about money.