Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Premiership club that doesn't qualify for Europe can sustain what QPR are doing.  Even when they stay up they're in a bad position.

Talking about an increase in stadium, they simply don't have the fanbase. They couldn't fill a 40k stadium. Too many clubs in London, there's 3 really big clubs in London as it is. And another 5 with a bigger or equal fanbase.

People talking all kinds of shit about business sense. Mike Ashley is worth close to 4x times as Fernandes and owns one of the few thriving businesses in the UK. He's made mistakes with us but we'll be earning him money very soon. There's no way you could convince me Fernandes is a better businessman than Ashley. Numbers don't lie. Loic Remy for 80 p/w does not make good business for Newcastle. We should be able to stay up with or without him. Our biggest problem is our manager and his lack of job threat.

No Premiership club that doesn't qualify for Europe can sustain what QPR are doing.  Even when they stay up they're in a bad position.

Talking about an increase in stadium, they simply don't have the fanbase. They couldn't fill a 40k stadium. Too many clubs in London, there's 3 really big clubs in London as it is. And another 5 with a bigger or equal fanbase.

People talking all kinds of shit about business sense. Mike Ashley is worth close to 4x times as Fernandes and owns one of the few thriving businesses in the UK. He's made mistakes with us but we'll be earning him money very soon. There's no way you could convince me Fernandes is a better businessman than Ashley. Numbers don't lie. Loic Remy for 80 p/w does not make good business for Newcastle. We should be able to stay up with or without him. Our biggest problem is our manager and his lack of job threat.

A new stadium anywhere near their current one would be insanely difficult and expensive as well. We've seen how tough Chelsea have found it. They might end up having to move out to the home counties or something, if they ever thought they could do it at all.

I'm annoying we haven't landed him, but I can't really direct any hatred at QPR or 'Arry. That's football. We got gazumped. Simple as that. If we're not canny enough in the transfer market, that's our fault.

We have proved ourselves to be pretty canny TBF. In this case it's that we don't have enough money.

Have we ? We LOOKED as if we did with Cisse, then look at his goals return this season..

We LOOKED as if we did with Tiote but he is now unrecognizable as the player we signed...

We probably DID get lucky with both Cabaye and HBA(the latter because he had been at loggerheads with his previous manager) but how long do you think they will remain at SJP if we either get relegated or just miss it?

We missed out on De Jong and he has not been a success so far at Moenchengladbach - likewise Douglas - we had to sell Ba for a relative pittance because we wouldn't have got him anyway if we hadn't agreed to the exit clause in his contract

and we got lucky with selling Carroll because Liverpool were stupid enough to pay 35m for him.

Obertan has been poor and Bigi is still a young player...Good is on loan to Bradford .

Colo is probably the best signing we have made and that was under KKs management - there is no way Ashley would have agreed to Colo's original contract.

Then we have the likes of Williamson...perhaps we won't go there..

As for Debuchy, there is NO way he would have arrived at SJP if Cabaye hadn't been there.....

If we don't have enough money how come QPR did and whose fault is it if a club getting 50,000 gates versus one getting 20,000 odd can't compete in the transfer market ?

A London club with 20,000 would be more attractive to most foreign players than NUFC with 50,000 or even 70,000.

That defeatist answer doesn't deal with my question, which was WHOSE fault is it if a club getting 50,000 crowds can't compete in the transfer market with one getting 20,000 ?

And as for London's attraction, that wasn't why Remy went there - if you believe he did, you are totally naive.

Manchester is in the north but neither club has difficulty attracting players..why is that ??

Guest firetotheworks

People massively overestimate our pulling power at times.

...and other people justify us not having the amount that we should have. It's not about a sense of entitlement, most of us know where we are, but there's something wrong in football when we're missing out on players to QPR. Not just us either.

...and other people justify us not having the amount that we should have. It's not about a sense of entitlement, most of us know where we are, but there's something wrong in football when we're missing out on players to QPR. Not just us either.

Yes, there is something wrong in football, the way clubs with rich owners can buy success.

And as for London's attraction, that wasn't why Remu went there - if you believe he did, you are totally naive.

Manchester is in the north but neither club has difficulty attracting players..why is that ??

Because  Man United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, who win things constantly, whilst Man City are the richest club in the world, and therefore pay obscene wages.

A better way of looking at it would have been to consider Man City's pulling power before the advent of stupid amounts of money.

Guest Roger Kint

That defeatist answer doesn't deal with my question, which was WHOSE fault is it if a club getting 50,000 crowds can't compete in the transfer market with one getting 20,000 ?

We get about 10000 more than City/Chelsea, 17000 more than Spurs. Guess we should be competing with those then.

We get about 10000 more than City/Chelsea, 17000 more than Spurs. Guess we should be competing with those then.

Merlin, you're massively overestimating the effect of crowds on the ability of a club to spend. The link is getting weaker and weaker all the time.

TICKET PRICES AND SEASON TICKET PRICES

Yes, there is something wrong in football, the way clubs with rich owners can buy success.

If you believe there is something wrong, why support any club, let alone one which doesn't compete against smaller clubs in the market ?

Do you believe that all businesses should be hamstrung by the same rules because the unsucessful ones have poor directors and managers ?

Football is a BUSINESS - like it or not. Good bsuinesses prosper, those with problems or under-capitalization eventually go under - look at HMV and Jesspos..

If you believe there is something wrong, why support any club, let alone one which doesn't compete against smaller clubs in the market ?

Do you believe that all businesses should be hamstrung by the same rules because the unsucessful ones have poor directors and managers ?

Football is a BUSINESS - like it or not. Good bsuinesses prosper, those with problems or under-capitalization eventually go under - look at HMV and Jesspos..

Course it's a business, that's exactly what leads to the problems I'm taking about.

Why support any club? Good question. Because football still offers enough interest on a week-by-week basis to overrule the fact that the wider sporting competition has been ruined.

I don't understand the point about poor directors and managers. The main issue is the wealth of the owner, that doesn't really correspond to high-street businesses in any meaningful way. The aim of those is to be sustainable, the aim of clubs like QPR is exactly the opposite - to spend what they can't afford.

Guest Roger Kint

Sorry the MASSIVE sarcasm of the post wasnt clear for you :lol:

And as for London's attraction, that wasn't why Remu went there - if you believe he did, you are totally naive.

Because  Man United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, who win things constantly, whilst Man City are the richest club in the world, and therefore pay obscene wages.

A better way of looking at it would have been to consider Man City's pulling power before the advent of stupid amounts of money.

It's painful truth like this which is most unpalatable for some people. Even if you can fight off genuine big clubs and the mid table ones which are bankrolled by zillionaires, you can still end up being gazumped by poxy teams which the next wave of investment fraudsters latch onto. I'm amazed we got this close to signing Remy tbh.

Sorry the MASSIVE sarcasm of the post wasnt clear for you :lol:

Lol sorry mate missed it .... 

Thanks Ian & Wilson :)

It's gona be like a kick in the bollocks when it does though :lol:

fuckers

SSN's is off, and I'm probably going to stay away from the football section today....well as much as i can. So i'll be checking every 5 mins instead of every other minute.  :lol:

Its good we have a wage cap/structure its common sense in today's climate I only wish it was a little higher, not stupidly high but more realistic for a club with Champions League ambitions.

Would a little higher make much difference really? Seems like QPR are offering Remy about double what we were, even conservatively about 30% more.