Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Finding myself not that bothered. Spent half his time on the bench pretending he was injured. Absolutely no f***s from him given about NUFC.

Aye because we scored loads without him, the goals are gonna fly in this season no need to worry at all.

Quality player and signing for Liverpool. Will chop in 10-15 between injuries. Can't rely on him for more given his injury history.

All would have loved to have had him back, but he isn't necessarily exactly what we need. Would have been far greater than anything we have though.

Finding myself not that bothered. Spent half his time on the bench pretending he was injured. Absolutely no f***s from him given about NUFC.

Aye because we scored loads without him, the goals are gonna fly in this season no need to worry at all.

We've more creativity in midfield now with Cabella & De Jong, along with Rivière and hopefully 1 more incoming striker of quality I'm not overly concerned about the loss of Remy. Just me? Definitely need that 1 striker target though.

Quality player and signing for Liverpool. Will chop in 10-15 between injuries. Can't rely on him for more given his injury history.

All would have loved to have had him back, but he isn't necessarily exactly what we need. Would have been far greater than anything we have though.

You not watch us last season ? :lol: of course he is man ffs. Also the injury stuff is well overblown he missed 7 games due to injury last season, hardly a massive amount to be considered a risk to sign.

We've more creativity in midfield now with Cabella & De Jong, along with Rivière and hopefully 1 more incoming striker of quality I'm not overly concerned about the loss of Remy. Just me? Definitely need that 1 striker target though.

I hate to break it you but De Jong isn't creative, he makes great runs and scores goals but he's not a creative player. Think of him as someone like Michu although whether he makes as big as impact on the league as the Spaniard did is yet to be seen.

Cabella is the only creative one there and you are losing Ben Arfa and Cabaye. In no shape, way or form do we have more creativity in midfield now, we may have more goals but not creativity.

I agree if we get a quality striker in who can guarantee 15 league goals then i wouldn't be so concerned about the loss of Remy, but i dunno about you but i have zero confidence in the club getting that player in.

I watched him look great on the left flank upfront and decent through the middle. I'm not saying be wouldn't be excellent for us again but we have bought Cabella for that left flank position and if we are now looking solely for a target man for the centre Remy isn't necessarily the best option. He would be wasted there IMO, though he is capable of doing a job there he excels with freedom to roam.

The reality is we have replaced Remy with Riviere at this point in time. Liverpool have acquired a proven premier goal scorer for not much more, and we are the ones who did all the hard work in bringing Remy to this country. First we got mugged by QPR and now Liverpool. For all our back slapping on our transfer wheeling and dealing, Liverpool have done it far better since the season we finished above them.

Aye but they were arguably still a greater pull for players than us even then. Your point still stands about us letting the opportunities pass though and losing out by generally stalling things holding out for an extra quid here and there.

I hate to break it you but De Jong isn't creative, he makes great runs and scores goals but he's not a creative player. Think of him as someone like Michu although whether he makes as big as impact on the league as the Spaniard did is yet to be seen.

Cabella is the only creative one there and you are losing Ben Arfa and Cabaye. In no shape, way or form do we have more creativity in midfield now, we may have more goals but not creativity.

I agree if we get a quality striker in who can guarantee 15 league goals then i wouldn't be so concerned about the loss of Remy, but i dunno about you but i have zero confidence in the club getting that player in.

Ben Arfa was barely involved in the side you're talking about.  The sick fact is we lost Ben Arfa a long time before this coming season  :anguish:

They've replaced a 30 goal a season player with a 15 one. We've replaced a 15 goal a season striker with someone who could probably get 10-12.

Riviere might get 10 goals, he might get 3. There's no way we can predict any sort of numbers with any real accuracy, he's an unknown quantity.

They've replaced a 30 goal a season player with a 15 one. We've replaced a 15 goal a season striker with someone who could probably get 10-12.

Riviere might get 10 goals, he might get 3. There's no way we can predict any sort of numbers with any real accuracy, he's an unknown quantity.

I find myself often wanting to beat TRon up but he's right here.

Think he can get 25 goals if he went all season injury free, but I'd put money on now that he'll be out injured for a bit this season.  Going to guess he'll play 30 games and score 15 goals.

I'm quite happy to have Riviere on board,  he's fast and powerful, but we are kidding ourselves if we think we can bank on him scoring goals in the premier. Liverpool paid up for Remy because they know he will deliver.

Guest neesy111

I'm quite happy to have Riviere on board,  he's fast and powerful, but we are kidding ourselves if we think we can bank on him scoring goals in the premier. Liverpool paid up for Remy because they know he will deliver.

:thup:

Remy was never signing for us the minute Cabaye left IMO. And the minute we kept Pardew in charge it further sealed it for us. We didn't make much of any splash till last week in terms if transfers so that wouldn't have swayed him either.

He's going to be a hit at Liverpool if they play the way they did last year in terms of attacking style. We cocked this one up from January to be honest.

I just get the feeling that like Ba, he thrives as 'big fish in smaller pond'. Not sure he'll be that with Sturridge, Coutinho, etc.

Personally think he will score more goals than both of them, if he gets a regular start and plays as their main striker.

All things considered, I think they're still in a better position than they were last year. They've added a very good wide forward for relative pennies, strengthened their front 6 with Lallana, and added two highly-regarded young players in Markovic and Can. And they've still got loads of cash from selling Suarez, who, despite his obvious talent, was always a ticking time bomb. It'd be nothing for them to pony up for Cavani either.

Could still use some help on defense, mind.

I just get the feeling that like Ba, he thrives as 'big fish in smaller pond'. Not sure he'll be that with Sturridge, Coutinho, etc.

He has two things which means for me he will succeed, raw pace and ability to dribble at defenders.

Said before i don't think he'll start but he'll score goals when given the opportunity IMO.

There's no way their attack is better minus Suarez. They'd have to score 90 odd goals again. Very unlikely.

Obviously not, you don't lose a player like that and get better from an individual standpoint.

Unless you're Barca/Madrid etc etc anyway.