Massadio Haïdara

Guest ItalianMagpie

I've been watching the replays for a while now and I came to conclusion that he didn't mean to hurt Haidara. If you pay attention it seems that he tried (in a really bad and goofy way, completely unbalanced with the body) to kick the ball as far as possible and when Haidara quickly moved it aside in the last moment he missed it and went on to hit the knee.

He's still a son a of a bitch cause he didn't even apologise and it's ridiculous that the referee didin't even give us the foul, but I'm quite sure he didn't mean it.

No, you don't go to clear a ball in that manner, whether he intended to hurt Massy is a non issue for me (i suspect he didn't mean to hurt in the manner he did).

You take the tackle on it's own merits and it's a shocking tackle, as bad you can really get. And what makes it worse is, it's the kind of tackle that you as the tackler know you aren't getting hurt in.

But my point is that it wasn't a tackle, he wanted to kick the ball. If he had meant to tackle like that then I would agree, but from the movement it looks like he just wanted to kick the ball as far as possible.

Stopped listening to the Times and Guardian football podcasts because of how shit we are and how much bollocks they talk but thought I'd listen today. Just downloaded the Times one, title is "Don't pillory McManaman" and they say the most disgraceful behaviour was John Carver.

Remembered why I stopped listening.

THE RADIO NEWCASTLE PHONE IN SHOULD BE INTERESTING TONIGHT- ANYONE KNOW WHAT TIEM ITS ON

(sorry for caps didnt realise)

I've got to say I don't really care if there was intent or not, I think there is too much focus on that. If you do it on purpose you don't belong on the pitch, if you are flying in at knee height by accident you don't belong on the pitch. Either way he has made a huge mistake and should be punished mercilessly by dogs.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Anyway, didn't they say anything about what it could be? Do they know at least if it's broken or not already?

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think the player thought 'right I'm going to send this fucker to hospital' but I guarantee when he saw that ball and went for it he also intended to thought to clatter him hard, to make a mark. Sadly that's the way our younger kids are brought up to play footy, the hard way. Parents and coaches scream at their kids to get stuck in, to put a tackle in etc. Its a malaise of our game.

Anyone who has played the game regardless of level though knows never ever to go for a ball like that, because its dangerous play. What shocked me is that after the tackle, the Wigan player got up and went after the ball.

Either way it was dangerous play, reckless and stupid and the player in question should get a lengthy 10 or so game ban and fined heavily.

Anyway, didn't they say anything about what it could be? Do they know at least if it's broken or not already?

Whelan reckons hes got a slight graze at most and will be back for the next game. Officially he's having a scan today and the club will update afterwards.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Whelan reckons hes got a slight graze at most and will be back for the next game. Officially he's having a scan today and the club will update afterwards.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

I've been watching the replays for a while now and I came to conclusion that he didn't mean to hurt Haidara. If you pay attention it seems that he tried (in a really bad and goofy way, completely unbalanced with the body) to kick the ball as far as possible and when Haidara quickly moved it aside in the last moment he missed it and went on to hit the knee.

He's still a son a of a bitch cause he didn't even apologise and it's ridiculous that the referee didin't even give us the foul, but I'm quite sure he didn't mean it.

No, you don't go to clear a ball in that manner, whether he intended to hurt Massy is a non issue for me (i suspect he didn't mean to hurt in the manner he did).

You take the tackle on it's own merits and it's a shocking tackle, as bad you can really get. And what makes it worse is, it's the kind of tackle that you as the tackler know you aren't getting hurt in.

But my point is that it wasn't a tackle, he wanted to kick the ball. If he had meant to tackle like that then I would agree, but from the movement it looks like he just wanted to kick the ball as far as possible.

That's where we disagree, as someone who plays football, still 35 years now, as a hard tackling player i like to think, and i now referee also. That isn't a player going in to clear the ball, i don't think he meant to career end Massy tbf. It's just my opinion but there is no way that's a player trying to clear the ball, for me it's a "have that tackle" meant to be hard, but you know you aren't getting hurt type, cowardly in a way.

It's an over the top, excessive force, endangering an opponent tackle. In fact, it's a tackle that Refs should be shown, it's a tackle that should be on every ref course from now on. Its a copybook wrong un.

Guest bimpy474

Cunt Whelan is coming up on SSN live, Mrs Bimpy has parked here arse in front of the TV as she knows i may well put my fist through it if Whelan comes out with more shit.

Never been so angry about a tackle, weird.

Guest Phil K

That's where we disagree, as someone who plays football, still 35 years now, as a hard tackling player i like to think, and i now referee also. That isn't a player going in to clear the ball, i don't think he meant to career end Massy tbf.

From every angle Ive seen it he appears to have DELIBERATELY targetted not the ball, but Hadeiras leg. That was MEANT to "take him out" his swaggering about and clowning AFTER Hadeira was carried off confirms it in my eyes. He HAS got a previous for this, remember

That's where we disagree, as someone who plays football, still 35 years now, as a hard tackling player i like to think, and i now referee also. That isn't a player going in to clear the ball, i don't think he meant to career end Massy tbf.

From every angle Ive seen it he appears to have DELIBERATELY targetted not the ball, but Hadeiras leg. That was MEANT to "take him out" his swaggering about and clowning AFTER Hadeira was carried off confirms it in my eyes. He HAS got a previous for this, remember

What's his previous btw? A yellow card offence in a ressy game?

Guest bimpy474

You need to read the rest of my post mate, i said it was a "have that tackle" cowardly type.

Guest bimpy474

c***.....how can he say that.

Say what?

Whelan defending the tackle as a 50/50 fair challenge. Part and parcel of the game. Contact sport.

Guest bimpy474

c***.....how can he say that.

Say what?

Whelan defending the tackle as a 50/50 fair challenge. Part and parcel of the game. Contact sport.

Isn't that what he said earlier?

Aye but he's on live and not on the phone. And i didn't hear him earlier tbf to me.