Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

• 3 weeks later...
Guest reefatoon

Big season ahead and i think he's going to be immense for us.

Agree.  I think all the January signings are going to look totally different for us this year.  They did not arrive into a good situation in Jan.

• 1 month later...

I do think Taylor and Colo are our best bet, but Taylor's not the long term answer and I've said that on here since 2005. I'd happily see him sold if we got someone else in.

You can't still be pro Taylor over MYM, howay man.

Taylor should (quite rightly IMO) be worried about getting his place back when he's available once again but I think Pardew just picks names first before any thought of form comes in to it.

Taylor's place should be third choice CB. Colo and MYM are much better players.

How much have you seen of MYM?

I've seen a fair bit of him and he's a much better footballer than Taylor. Problem is, he doesn't seem to compliment Colo to well. When they played in the middle together couple months back, none of them won any headers.

I've seen a fair bit of him and he's a much better footballer than Taylor. Problem is, he doesn't seem to compliment Colo to well. When they played in the middle together couple months back, none of them won any headers.

I don't know how much of an issue that is TBH. They aren't monsters in the air, but Colo has improved a lot in that area, and there aren't as many big strikers around now anyway.

I just think the benefits of playing them outweigh that weakness.

I don't know how much of an issue that is TBH. They aren't monsters in the air, but Colo has improved a lot in that area, and there aren't as many big strikers around now anyway.

I just think the benefits of playing them outweigh that weakness.

Quite a few strikers around better than Colo in the air tbf.