The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

The job Klopp has done with Dortmund is simply remarkable.  Similar shades to how Wenger turned around Arsenal very quickly after he went there.

Dortmund are a blueprint for any team that you don't need to be spends 100s of millions to be successful.

They are not just fantastic on the pitch but off it too, i wish more would try take a similar stance when it comes to running a football club.

:snod: Very happy they went through, but credit to Malaga for a great tournament (God, this post reads like a post-Wimbledon men's single interview full of platitudes "Roddick had a great tournament, and I'm sure he'll come back stronger next year...").

Hope Dortmund go all the way.

maybe somebody can help me here but it seems (or maybe it's just one or two but i've picked up on it) that a few of the youngsters they've brought through haven't just came through the ranks but are locals ?

Weirdly Hummels, Reus and Gundagon are all from Dortmund or nearby but they bought them all.

Reus came through their academy like, but they let him go.

Yup, guess they can excuse themselves given some of the other talent they've hoovered up for relative peanuts aside.

The job Klopp has done with Dortmund is simply remarkable.  Similar shades to how Wenger turned around Arsenal very quickly after he went there.

Dortmund are a blueprint for any team that you don't need to be spends 100s of millions to be successful.

They are not just fantastic on the pitch but off it too, i wish more would try take a similar stance when it comes to running a football club.

:snod: Very happy they went through, but credit to Malaga for a great tournament (God, this post reads like a post-Wimbledon men's single interview full of platitudes "Roddick had a great tournament, and I'm sure he'll come back stronger next year...").

Hope Dortmund go all the way.

maybe somebody can help me here but it seems (or maybe it's just one or two but i've picked up on it) that a few of the youngsters they've brought through haven't just came through the ranks but are locals ?

Weirdly Hummels, Reus and Gundagon are all from Dortmund or nearby but they bought them all.

Reus came through their academy like, but they let him go.

Yup, guess they can excuse themselves given some of the other talent they've hoovered up for relative peanuts aside.

Plus Reus was basically a swap for swap for Kagawa, similar fee. Think I prefer Reus as a player, he's just that bit more exciting.

Watching Al Gharafa against Al Nasr in the Asian Champions League. Al Gharafa should on paper be beating this lot comfortably. Alex (ex-Corinthians), Nene (ex-Paris) and Djibril is their starting offensive lineup.

Can definitely see PSG winning here. If Thiago Silva plays like he did and if Pastore is in the right mood I wouldn't be surprised to see them scoring first at least.

Pastore hasn't been in the right mood since signing for PSG. :lol:

Can definitely see PSG winning here. If Thiago Silva plays like he did and if Pastore is in the right mood I wouldn't be surprised to see them scoring first at least.

:lol: That's the thing though, if he can get into it they might win :lol:

:lol: That's the thing though, if he can get into it they might win :lol:

He'd be great if they built the team around him but it seems at first they just signed a lot of players without thinking about where the likes of he would fit in.

Pastore hasn't been in the right mood his whole career :lol: he's basically the Argentine Arshavin.

In any case i get the feeling people think Barca struggle without Messi but its really not the case they have won 23 of 26 CL games without him and those games were group stage games when the group was already won.

Plus they won 5-0 at the weekend without him still expect them to qualify without him, plus he's on the bench in any case.

Mole are you serious? If you are you basically haven't watched enough of him man. Argentine Arshavin? Possibly, if you mean a great player who went to a new club and didn't perform that well I might agree.

In Palermo, Pastore for me was one of the best midfielders in Europe during two seasons. I saw fair few games of him both for Palermo and whenever he got to play for Argentina and was a player who made a difference every single time. If he can get back into that he will be very important today and for the future of PSG. I do think Tooj has a point when he says that maybe he needs a team built around him in the same way many other class players need it.

As for Messi or no Messi, I think Barcelona is the best team in the world in any case. I just get this feeling that Adriano will struggle heavily against Lucas, Lavezzi, Pastore and Ibra.

Do you think Lucas will be a starter for Brazil come 2014? I hope he is as whenever I have seen him play he has looked sensational. Caught my eye more than Neymar when I saw both in the flesh.