The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Confirmed #lfc team: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Downing, Sturridge #efc

Everton team to face Liverpool: Howard, Baines, Gibson, Jagielka, Mirallas, Distin, Osman, Pienaar, Coleman, Fellaini, Anichebe #efc #lfc

I think Bale would flop at Real M.

He probably won't be as effective in that league for several reasons, mainly that he won't be the main man, but his pace and ability to shoot from anywhere will see him through in any league in the world.

Odd derby today. Our season's already over on a practical level, we're not getting into Europe and we're either finishing 6th or 7th - only thing left is whether we finish above Liverpool or not.

Would like to see us just go for it today and see what happens but I'm fully expecting our usual Anfield surrender.

Here's a novel idea: try and win trophies with a club that's not one of the same clubs that win the trophies every season. He's just won himself two individual trophies playing for Spurs.

The money thing I'm not even going to dignify with a response.

Grow up.

Tottenham are 2 levels below winning a big trophy. Arsenal and Chelsea haven't been at their best and they're fighting neck and neck with Spurs. That is their level. Staying another year is a good shout but Spurs aren't that close to challenging for big honours.

Grow up???

If that's growing up, then I'll stick with the Lost Boys, thank you very much. What a soulless world you seem to live in. Sewelly is bang on. He might well want s***-tons of money or CL every year (which conveniently ignores the fact that he didn't leave last year), but that doesn't mean that there should be a concerted effort in the media to shift him on, perpetuating/accelerating the decline of club competition.

In one respect, I won't put Spurs in the same box as Arsenal until we're earning the same amount as them, and paying the same stratospheric wages. Didn't stop us beating them a couple of months back. It amazes me that you can bring yourself to support Newcastle with that attitude - although I presume that you do so because football clubs stand for something deeper. Maybe some of these young footballers, if able to reflect without the pressure of a hysterical, one-eyed media and the clamor of agents, would feel the same.

I don't care about the media. I'm talking about Bale's position. Unless Spurs make big strides next season, i'd be looking to leave if I was him.

Spurs are not BVB. Heck, they're not even Arsenal. They don't win major trophies either.

I think Bale would flop at Real M.

He probably won't be as effective in that league for several reasons, mainly that he won't be the main man, but his pace and ability to shoot from anywhere will see him through in any league in the world.

Biggest reason for me is that Spain is a lot slower paced and less space to run into, Ronaldo adapted into some sort of poacher with ridiculous ability.

He doesn't dribble or run with the ball anywhere near as much as he did in England.

He would be a success anyway IMO ( Bale) but he would have to adapt his game in Spain as the style of play is drastically different.

Bale would be a success at any club in the world. We're not talking about Kaka or di Maria here. We're talking about a truly great player who looks better and better all the time.

Bale would be a success at any club in the world. We're not talking about Kaka or di Maria here. We're talking about a truly great player who looks better and better all the time.

Harsh on Kaka imo, he was a great player. I don't know what the hell happened to him at Madrid but he was the best player in the world during his spell at AC.

You're seriously becoming a ridiculous poster, what happened man? Everytime you post I feel like answering back, something I've basically never felt like before the last couple of months. I just hope this was all a joke and I bit on the wrong post :lol:

Anyone else learnt to treat the Premier League music with trepidation? :lol:

Is it the Kasabian one?

Nah, the ones where the players shake hands. Fills me with dread when we're not even playing.