Transfer deadline day

Stifler

Adebayor to Wet Spam.

apparently West Ham want Spurs to pay some or all his wages for playing for them-quite how they expect Levy of all people to accept this kind of deal is another story

West Ham wanting something for nothing? I'm amazed.

Everton will sign Lennon to replace Mirallas.

Is this a figment of your imagination Kaka, or do you have a source?

Imagination. I have a feel. Lennon has been linked with Everton though.

Should have put money down!

Fantastic move for Lennon. Happy for him. I still rate him, and think he'll fit in there nicely.

:thup:

I would be quite happy for us to do all business in the summer if I actually had faith we would do that. Our preferred window for weakening the squad seems to be January and tbh i'm shocked Sissoko wasn't sold.

If we already have reasonable defensive options and striker then it wouldn't be so bad but we have 2 strikers and one of them is still a young lad maybe showing signs of burn out, our centre defence consists of 2 fit players that are incompetent at best. We have no real quality out wide and no decent second goalkeeper.

Now if we tried to address at least some of the deficiencies in a sensible manner (Buying players for crucial positions, rather than whatever this is) and then plan to supplement with our young players / bring younger players in, we may have a chance to progress and January becomes less crucial. Similarly if we start having a player lined up to replace a potential outgoing player either from internal promoted or scouted it could prevent a lot of shit.

You could argue with Santon going that Haidara and Dummet are those two fighting for left back and the replacements were already there and that's true but what about Cabaye, Remy, Ba etc where there just wasn't an adequate replacement ready to step up. When Sissoko leaves in the summer who will be the player to fill that void because we are woefully short of central midfielders capable of causing problems in opposition half, we only seem to have defensive minded midfielders.