Why no playoffs?

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Hate playoff's in football.  It's the reason we have cup competitions.  No doubt Mike approved the 39th game idea as well, crazy fucker.

Mike has a great point tho. The league is boring for teams like us as we're never going to win the thing and are usually too good to go down. We had an amazing last season yet we weren't any closer to win anything than we were in this horrible season. Last season we were dreaming of a Champions League spot yet what that would've given us? Few great European games and a lot of money which is still pocket change to Man United/City and Chelsea. Something is wrong when well run clubs like Spurs and Everton or even Arsenal are never going to win the league.

I can't see playoffs changing much for teams like us as the top teams in the Premier League are much better/richer than the rest when compared to any American sports. Only way to fix this would be some kind of salary or spending cap but it is never going to happen as it would have to be implemented all across Europe.

Feel sad after writing that. :(

That has more to do with the financial system of the game rather how the league is set up. You're fixing the wrong problems. Imbalances in the system can be fixed by removing loans, having a more equitable distribution of TV money and maybe, maybe, have a salary cap that every team can reach. The last idea really needs to be Europe wide to be effective so it's pretty much a non-starter. I also think capping wages in terms of turnover is one of the worst ideas out there because you will consolidate the positions of all the big teams today.

We could start taking cups seriously for once if we're serious about winning something.

A salary cap in one country pushes the talent out of the country. A playoff gives dozens of players big game experience they would never get otherwise.

It wouldn't be beneficial to the national team if loads of English players had do or die game experience? Having 8 teams fight for the trophy means that there are going to be at least six perennial playoff teams that will be attractive to high quality talent. The league gets stronger because those middle of the top ten teams have a better chance to sign talented players and retain them.

It hasn't been a good couple of days for Mike like. Posting shit loads of spoilers in the GOT thread and this hellish thread. You'll be on the campaign trial for years getting that award back.

:lol: You're more than welcome in the NFL thread, and more than welcome to suggest ways the game can be improved. You probably won't be told to fuck off.

:yao:

I got told to fuck off for supporting the 49ers ffs

I actually respect Mike for coming in here with a very controversial idea and actually backing his reasons up for why he thinks a play offs a system would be a good idea.

With that said......

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls93zugAWo1qm83r5o1_500.gif

I don't go in the NFL thread and suggest a Gridiron Premier League ffs.  I merely annoy Semtex as he is a sore loser.

Know your limits ffs.

A what? What did I lose at? You lose at not being an annoying fair-weather NFL scumbag. So there.

I don't go in the NFL thread and suggest a Gridiron Premier League ffs.  I merely annoy Semtex as he is a sore loser.

Know your limits ffs.

A what? What did I lose at? You lose at not being an annoying fair-weather NFL scumbag. So there.

:okay: