Why no playoffs?

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll stick by it, the average PL finish will never be as thrilling as in any given NFL season. You have one ending every so often in which two teams are down to the wire on matchday 38, but there's no fucking excitement at all when someone wraps it up 3 weeks before the end. :lol:

You get a lot more IMO with the League system. Title fight, top four fight, the fight to dodge the Europa League, relegation "dog fight". Then the FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League, Champions League. There's so much to fight for.

Football > any sport. It's no contest.

You can have all of that (save the League Cup, which is pointless, imo) + playoffs. It all bundles into the fight to make the playoffs, which is sometimes as dramatic as the playoffs themselves.

And there'll never be an NFL finish as thrilling as 2012. It is shit when it peters out to a 10 point lead like it has a coupke of times in recent years, but then you still have the FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League (Euros/World Cup every other year too). No need to cheapen the league by adding forced tension to it imo, which is all play-offs are.

Yeah, hate it when teams go up by one goal. No chance of getting back into it.

Down 2-1 with about two minutes to go in a sport that only has in or around an average of 3 goals per game is about as good of a finish as you can get in any sport

And there'll never be an NFL finish as thrilling as 2012. It is shit when it peters out to a 10 point lead like it has a coupke of times in recent years, but then you still have the FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League (Euros/World Cup every other year too). No need to cheapen the league by adding forced tension to it imo, which is all play-offs are.

Down 2-1 with about two minutes to go in a sport that only has in or around an average of 3 goals per game is about as good of a finish as you can get in any sport

NHL

Baseball

Both low scoring sports, both have incredible, tremendous playoffs.

:lol: I can't believe this topic is back. I thought it got bumped by someone calling me an asshole, but there was actually discussion! Amazing.

:lol: Wasn't even the Yanks pushing it along at first. We've got converts, man. Mole, fucking IP!

Fucking Mike changing "Mike is the man!" into something antagonistic, as always :huff:

(his is better though)

:lol: We were working simultaneously. I was wondering how someone had already voted right after I submitted it.

Hate the current state of the PL as much as the next person, but there has been over 100 years of perfectly good league football in numerous countries. We have cups for the knockout based japes.

To compare football to pony American sports and the MLS. Metaphorically hockling all over the beautiful game.

:lol: I can't believe this topic is back. I thought it got bumped by someone calling me an asshole, but there was actually discussion! Amazing.

:lol: Wasn't even the Yanks pushing it along at first. We've got converts, man. Mole, fucking IP!

:lol: Mole is NBA Thread royalty. He's dead assimilated.

NHL

Baseball

I always forget how fucking incredible hockey playoffs are.

:lol: Wasn't even the Yanks pushing it along at first. We've got converts, man. Mole, f***ing IP!

Been a convert for a while :lol: NBA changed me. Although i'm not actually serious about the 7 game thing, as fucking if i want to watch Colback pass it back to Coloccini for 7 games. :yao:

Hate the current state of the PL as much as the next person, but there has been over 100 years of perfectly good league football in numerous countries. We have cups for the knockout based japes.

To compare football to pony American sports and the MLS. Metaphorically hockling all over the beautiful game.

On its current trajectory, MLS will be on par quality-wise with the PL in 20 years. Easy. Playoffs, mascots, hokey logos and team names n' all.

And NFL's gonna have a permanent team in London within the next few years. We're coming.

giphy.gif

Fucking Mike changing "Mike is the man!" into something antagonistic, as always :huff:

(his is better though)

:lol: We were working simultaneously. I was wondering how someone had already voted right after I submitted it.

:aww: You da man!

giphy.gif

:lol: yeah but always just consider you one of us anyway.

Also the current disillusionment people have with football is a lot more to do with Newcastle being shit than the league being unfair and shit. The league has been shit for much longer than a decade in terms of competitiveness

:lol: Wasn't even the Yanks pushing it along at first. We've got converts, man. Mole, f***ing IP!

Been a convert for a while :lol: NBA changed me. Although i'm not actually serious about the 7 game thing, as fucking if i want to watch Colback pass it back to Coloccini for 7 games. :yao:

:lol: Said in the OP, NBA style tree. One and dones. Top 4 home field. Get rid of the League Cup and push the league fixtures forward and you've got all the time you need for the playoffs.

On its current trajectory, MLS will be on par quality-wise with the PL in 20 years. Easy. Playoffs, mascots, hokey logos and team names n' all.

And NFL's gonna have a permanent team in London within the next few years. We're coming.

You taking the piss with the first paragraph?

You taking the piss with the first paragraph?

As someone who follows both the PL and MLS intently, nope. It's fact.

NHL

Baseball

No sport in the world tops Hockey during the playoffs.

NHL

Baseball

No sport in the world tops Hockey during the playoffs.

Seven fucking games tho. No.