Alan Pardew

Mike

You said that's when you started figuring out he had to go, when we were 4th or 5th. :lol:

When did I say he had to go in that post?

Penny has dropped i said a reference to what type of manager he is.

How you got the word sack out of it I don't know lol

So it took us finishing 5th for you to figure out what type of manager Alan Pardew is?

That makes even less sense. Well done. :thup:

There was a few people who believed we should have upgraded him at the end of the season when we were 5th tbf and it was hardly a daft opinion. Maybe a bit harsh but the signs were there that the squad was outgrowing him, or at least looked like it was going to until Mike put a halt to it.

But they were the people who never wanted him from day 1, many supporters he won over during that season and very few were calling for him to be sacked. Obviously the tragedy of last season just took people back to their feelings of when he was announced as our manager, which can't really be blamed for doing so giving actually how bad last season was. Then now there’s only a few who actually want him to have another crack at it.

You said that's when you started figuring out he had to go, when we were 4th or 5th. :lol:

So it took us finishing 5th for you to figure out what type of manager Alan Pardew is?

The position we finished at.  Has no bearing on how I figured out he was negative manager.  All I had to do was watch the games.

Not hard is it genius lol

Living a fantasy world. What decent manager comes anywhere near a club that spends no money, willingly lies to managers about transfers and sacks them for finishing 5th?

Could argue that happened to SBR.

The Window when we only signed Bowyer

Speed sold without his prior knowledge

Sacked after finishing the season before in 5th.

The position we finished at.  Has no bearing on how I figured out he was negative manager.  All I had to do was watch the games.

Now I get it. You watched us under Pardew for 18 months and finally decided he was negative when we finished 5th. I'm out.

Now I get it. You watched us under Pardew for 18 months and finally decided he was negative when we finished 5th. I'm out.

Forgive me for giving him a chance , goodbye lol  :p

Living a fantasy world. What decent manager comes anywhere near a club that spends no money, willingly lies to managers about transfers and sacks them for finishing 5th?

We were a totally different club with ambition then. The Bowyer summer was the exception, never the rule.

Plus, who did we attract then? The worst manager in recent NUFC history. :lol:

Forgive me for giving him a chance , goodbye lol  :p

:spit:

There was a few people who believed we should have upgraded him at the end of the season when we were 5th tbf and it was hardly a daft opinion. Maybe a bit harsh but the signs were there that the squad was outgrowing him, or at least looked like it was going to until Mike put a halt to it.

Living in a fantasy world. What decent manager comes anywhere near a club that spends no money, willingly lies to managers about transfers and sacks them for finishing 5th?

At the time it didn't seem like that at all though, we were widely seen as some of the better dealers in the transfer market in the country, if not Europe. Obviously now we can see through that but that season would have been very encouraging for any manager until he actually turned up for the interview.

Pardspew didn't get us to 5th FFS. It was Demba Ba's and Cisse's goals.

And 15 clean sheets.

Actually don't know why I'm posting a serious reply to this.

And 15 clean sheets.

I don't know why you did either...what a waste of a post  :lol:

And 15 clean sheets.

I don't know why you did either...what a waste of a post  :lol:

Could say the same about yours. And this one. Banter.

We were a totally different club with ambition then. The Bowyer summer was the exception, never the rule.

I reckon Pardew has a worst win %

But they were the people who never wanted him from day 1, many supporters he won over during that season and very few were calling for him to be sacked. Obviously the tragedy of last season just took people back to their feelings of when he was announced as our manager, which can't really be blamed for doing so giving actually how bad last season was. Then now there’s only a few who actually want him to have another crack at it.

He definitely won a lot of fans over but there were still worrying signs there and a lot of people were questioning whether we were in the top 6 because of him or in spite of him.

I reckon Pardew has a worst win %

Win % can be a problematic way to assess managers.

Guest icemanblue

He definitely won a lot of fans over but there were still worrying signs there and a lot of people were questioning whether we were in the top 6 because of him or in spite of him.

Not sure there were 'a lot', like. But, there were a few. The vast majority of fans were rightly happy with him receiving the Manager of the Year awards, and believed he deserved it.

This thread just gets better...ffs  :iamatwat:

It's a shame when there really is so much to debate about Pardew that this kind of shite drags the thread down to imbecile level.

I think any reasonable person would say that Pardew was a tad fortunate when we finished 5th and was unfortunate (decisions and injuries) last season when we finished 16th.

I also think it's reasonable to assume that Pardew will not be granted another season like the last one in terms of results and performances by either the fans or his employer.

Think they questioned his style of play more than anything.

I was one of the ones who was happy with him like, I thought he had a great season personally other than his (imo) horrific treatment of Ben Arfa probably costing us a top 4 spot. There was a clear contrast though between us and the sides around us in the way we were winning points which was a decent indicator of it not continuing.

Guest chopey

Pardew is a doormat and he makes decisions to please "Mike" this will inevitably lead to his downfall, but he wouldnt of lasted this long if he wasnt so his tactics he is using to keep his job are working very well.