Alan Pardew

Mike

I gave him the benefit of the doubt (one good season/one bad season) up until the Reading game. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that result is among the worst losses I've ever experienced as a Newcastle fan.

Liverpool was the worst for me, the line up was the worst i've ever seen in 10 years. I was excited for the match then the team went around and it was a sickening feeling knowing what the likely outcome of the match was going to be. I was praying for 0-0 half time before i even got to the stadium.

The Reading game was just an absolute farce, it seemed to me like Pardew was crying out to Mike to get some new players with some of the decisions he made, they were so bad and so far off what should have been happening I thought at the time he was just exaggerating his plea.

His tactics were shocking but it was nowhere near as bad as some of the times we saw under Roeder's tenure.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt (one good season/one bad season) up until the Reading game. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that result is among the worst losses I've ever experienced as a Newcastle fan.

Liverpool was the worst for me, the line up was the worst i've ever seen in 10 years. I was excited for the match then the team went around and it was a sickening feeling knowing what the likely outcome of the match was going to be. I was praying for 0-0 half time before i even got to the stadium.

The Reading game was just an absolute farce, it seemed to me like Pardew was crying out to Mike to get some new players with some of the decisions he made, they were so bad and so far off what should have been happening I thought at the time he was just exaggerating his plea.

His tactics were shocking but it was nowhere near as bad as some of the times we saw under Roeder's tenure.

No chance. I've never seen a manager get is as wrong as that. I knew we were gonna get absolute dicked the second I saw the lineup.

No chance will he want to win the cup this year, that would mean Europe again, and we all know what the cuntbag thinks of Europe.

Good point.

He hardly disrespected Europe? He gave it a good go in terms of team selections bar the first few opening games. He just liked the Europe excuse when our leagues results were damaged. I'm sure Laudrup will pop in the Europe factor excuse on multiple occasions down the line this season on the back of a loss following a Thursday night game. Just an easy thing to give the press, expected.

No chance. I've never seen a manager get is as wrong as that. I knew we were gonna get absolute dicked the second I saw the lineup.

Think Tooj was on about purely the personnel.

EDIT: could be wrong...

Think Tooj was on about purely the personnel.

Aye. I should have made that more clear. :thup:

Guest icemanblue

Roeder was somewhat hamstrung by the players available to him at the time, like. The lineup for Liverpool was a cowardly surrender. Like Brett says, I can remember being excited on the metro in, then I had the wind knocked right out of me as soon as I saw the team. Knew exactly what was coming.

My position is basically that Pardew is shit and should have been sacked long before now. However, he is still here and I'm going to support him and hope that, by some miracle, he recreates our form of two seasons ago. Say what you like about that season, but you can't deny that we were organised, we pressed the opposition well and we were clinical up front. We had none of those things last season, but they happened once so they could potentially happen again. It's a long shot, though, and I completely understand the vitriol he gets on here. He deserves it for some of the shit he comes out with and some of the decisions he has made.

Ronaldo when was the turning point for you with regards to Pardew? As I know you used to be quite pro-Pardew a lot of the time, especially compared to others on here.

Apologies if that was never the case but that's how I perceived it. :thup:

I mean the tactics and what players he actually had available and chose not use. The line up for what he had at his disposal was by far the worst decision i've seen. Roeder was horrible but I can’t remember ever having that sickly feeling from just hearing the team news. Never want to feel that again.

Ronaldo when was the turning point for you with regards to Pardew? As I know you used to be quite pro-Pardew a lot of the time, especially compared to others on here.

Apologies if that was never the case but that's how I perceived it. :thup:

The West Ham game marked the start of the penny dropping - never been so mad after a game in years - though I didn't fully support his sacking until the Reading farce.

I defended him in the first half of the season, but a lot of it was just me pointing out that he was taking an unfair portion of the blame from the players.

Penny started dropping as early as the last half of the season we finished 5th we all saw the turgid negativity the silver twat was dishing out game after game.

Aye, right. It was the same turgid negativity that got us to 3rd/4th/5th.

Penny started dropping as early as the last half of the season we finished 5th we all saw the turgid negativity the silver t*** was dishing out game after game.

Aye, right. It was the same turgid negativity that got us to 3rd/4th/5th.

Yep the exact same negativity that got us to 16th and near relegation.

Still remember ronaldo having ago at every soul on here that season who had a slight admiration for how Swansea played lol

Penny started dropping as early as the last half of the season we finished 5th we all saw the turgid negativity the silver t*** was dishing out game after game.

:lol:

Yeah i'm sure your were walking out the ground kicking walls, giving a song and dance for Pardew out after the turgid 1-0 wins.

:lol:

Yeah i'm sure your were walking out the ground kicking walls, giving a song and dance for Pardew out after the turgid 1-0 wins.

Wasn't so much as demanding for the sack lol but clearly remembered I had to open several windows from the stench coming from the tv. Oh was it something else?

There was a few people who believed we should have upgraded him at the end of the season when we were 5th tbf and it was hardly a daft opinion. Maybe a bit harsh but the signs were there that the squad was outgrowing him, or at least looked like it was going to until Mike put a halt to it.

There was a few people who believed we should have upgraded him at the end of the season when we were 5th tbf and it was hardly a daft opinion. Maybe a bit harsh but the signs were there that the squad was outgrowing him, or at least looked like it was going to until Mike put a halt to it.

Living in a fantasy world. What decent manager comes anywhere near a club that spends no money, willingly lies to managers about transfers and sacks them for finishing 5th?

Many had the foresight to know that was a fortunate season from start to finish.  And the foresight to know we were heading at a direction south of 5th in the future.

But sadly no one could imagine 16th not even me.