Alan Pardew

Mike

There is one thing Pardew managed to achieve.

Lowered expectation.  Significantly.

f***ing dodgy salesman.

Strange thing to say after finishing 5th. How has he lowered expectations? Nobody believes anything he says do they?

Yes look at this typical ian w response. Like he doesn't know the answer to his own question.

Thanks, that clears it up.

You're welcome  O0

“Our fans can turn up and enjoy it,” he said. “I hope they come in fancy dress and enjoy it.

“Regardless of the score, thank God we’re here next year in the greatest league in the world.”

Ah, choices, choices, choices.

Executioner, Death, Judge, Mafioso, Roman Emperor with massive thumb...

Benitez...Martinez...Kinnear....Peter Quigley

meeting between Ashley and pardew with carr present?

hope to fuck carr gives Ashley an earful about the way his recruits have been used. he needs to ask pards in front of Ashley what his tactics/formation are going to be for next season so he can scout appropriately for once.

Carr doesn't watch the games

Might be a Giggs, but assuming Wigan go down,  he would start the season as the 3rd longest serving manager in the league.

could be 2nd tbh could see Stoke and Pulis parting ways

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Football_League_managers

He's currently 16th on the list of long serving managers in English Football. Will go up to 14th once Fergie and Moyes officially leave.  Only 34 current managers have been in place more than 1 year, only 21 over 2 years.

Stability is a myth, Ferguson achieved what he did over time because he was an excellent manager and bought/developed brilliant players, he was also employed at a time where clubs generally gave the manager 4-5 seasons at least, the financial rewards were not so great and therefore the cost of a bad season or two was not really as drastic as it is now. Many Arsenal fans would insist that Wenger has long overstayed his welcome and is now actively holding the club back.

If you look at the list of managers with more than 4 years service, how many have actually achieved anything other than not completely destroying their club. All of them, to me, have the distinct whiff of a club accepting mediocrity over success. Something we should never accept, but something Mike and his team of cash counters will be delighted with.

Good post Colin.

:rose:

hope to fuck carr gives Ashley an earful about the way his recruits have been used. he needs to ask pards in front of Ashley what his tactics/formation are going to be for next season so he can scout appropriately for once.

Doesn't he? That's incredible if true.

Guest neesy111

He doesn't attend games.  I'll be damned if he doesn't watch our games on TV / DVD's though.

Odd how people have started posting in this thread now that we are safe. Who'd have thunk it.

My favourite bit is where fans tell other fans how to behave/feel/act. Cracking stuff.

I don't blame people for staying away at all, it gets unbearable sometimes.

Odd how people have started posting in this thread now that we are safe. Who'd have thunk it.

My favourite bit is where fans tell other fans how to behave/feel/act. Cracking stuff.

Yep its great stuff..

"We almost got relegated ok so stop being negative in here"

Yep its great stuff..

Ever think you could contribute more to the thread yourself?

He's a scout.  Why would he scout our own players?  :lol:

I fucking wish I'd only just come back once we were safe. :lol:

This thread is like a bad batch of smack. You know it's not going to be enjoyable but because you're an addict you have to get involved & do it anyway even though the end results are pain.

Yep its great stuff..

My contribution are no more than yours lol

Guest icemanblue

I fucking wish I'd only just come back once we were safe. :lol:

This thread is like a bad batch of smack. You know it's not going to be enjoyable but you have to get involved anyway.

Like pulling a loose tooth. Not entirely sure that it's a good pain, but it's painful nonetheless.

Yep its great stuff..

OMG ur posts are amazeballs!

Nope, I've heard him talk on a few occasions about how he's too nervous to watch us. If he's away and we've got a game he'll be on the phone to his wife asking what the score is every five minutes :lol:

The problem with the club's blueprint now is that they believe stability will bring rewards yet don't seem to give the manager sufficient freedom to build his own team. I don't think that works long term. There's no point sticking with the same man over a long period while giving him little control over transfers.

I think Ashley got his fingers burnt with Allardyce, who it seems had greater freedom to bring in his own type of players and left us with a load of dross on sizeable wages that had to be cleared out. Since then, Keegan was messed around and Pardew seems to have little say over who comes in. The way the club is run we could probably do with a manager who is more adaptable than Pardew and can work with what he's given because that's how it's going to be under Ashley. I'm still doubtful good managers will come to work under those circumstances but hopefully the size of the club might tempt an up and coming manager.

Yep its great stuff..

Me?

Non.

He's a scout.  Why would he scout our own players?  :lol:

The fuck are you talking about? He could very easily just watch the game for leisure. Stop trying to be clever ALL THE TIME.

Yep its great stuff..

OMG ur posts are amazeballs!

I'm no longer down with the kids, whatever that means, thank you I have moments.