Alan Pardew

Mike

First run should have seen him gone IMO, second run there was no doubt about it he had to go, third run I was just too worried about surviving and finally when it was all over the club really let us down by not doing the decent thing.

He survived 4 sackings last season, at any one of those times he could and should have went. Disgraceful by the club, and he hasn't done enough grovelling to the fans to still be here and in a way is very lucky JFK has come in as he's taken a lot of heat off him but that'll change once the season starts and competitive football kicks in.

Make no mistake he's not up to being a football manager at this level and next season is nothing but a complete waste of time until he's sacked. Shame cunt fuck face is waiting to take his job to put us on another level of downwards shit which could easily see us go down.

It's abysmal, but it's still only one season.

What do you mean?

I mean, just because it's three runs of bad form doesn't mean he should have been sacked. It's still only one bad season, so it doesn't really affect the debate we were having above.

This been picked apart and whinged about with a fine toothcomb yet?

Alan Pardew interviewed by Mihir Bose in Tuesday's London Evening Standard, in which he gives a Capital -slanted view of the new season, admits to already eyeing the January 2014 transfer window, hopes for FA Cup success and restates the boundaries with JFK:

"It’s very difficult for Premier League teams to do the Thursday/Sunday turnaround given the intensity we play at. We possibly made a mistake with the squad not being big enough and took injuries.

"We addressed that in January, only to suffer even more injuries, which took away the impact of that particular transfer window. We think we will get a big benefit of that window now and Loic Remy has come from Queens Park Rangers.

Is he talking about getting players in next January, or about seeing the benefit of last Januarys signings in the new season?  Bit cheeky by .com, IMO

He's taking about the benefit of the signings already made, clearly.

What do you mean?

I mean, just because it's three runs of bad form doesn't mean he should have been sacked. It's still only one bad season, so it doesn't really affect the debate we were having above.

A bad season isn't normally enough to see a manager sacked?

Regardless of what you want, just saying that, looking around at football throughout the European top tiers, a bad season seems more than enough to see you sacked.

In fact a bad year is more than enough to get you sacked from just about any job in the world tbh.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt (one good season/one bad season) up until the Reading game. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that result is among the worst losses I've ever experienced as a Newcastle fan.

What do you mean?

Regardless of what you want, just saying that, looking around at football throughout the European top tiers, a bad season seems more than enough to see you sacked.

In fact a bad year is more than enough to get you sacked from just about any job in the world tbh.

I know it's enough to get you sacked, that's obvious. But that doesn't mean it's a massive mistake for a club to stick with the manager. In fact, as we were saying on the previous page, we would probably giving credit to someone else for having faith in the manager.

This been picked apart and whinged about with a fine toothcomb yet?

Alan Pardew interviewed by Mihir Bose in Tuesday's London Evening Standard, in which he gives a Capital -slanted view of the new season, admits to already eyeing the January 2014 transfer window, hopes for FA Cup success and restates the boundaries with JFK:

"It’s very difficult for Premier League teams to do the Thursday/Sunday turnaround given the intensity we play at. We possibly made a mistake with the squad not being big enough and took injuries.

"We addressed that in January, only to suffer even more injuries, which took away the impact of that particular transfer window. We think we will get a big benefit of that window now and Loic Remy has come from Queens Park Rangers.

Is he talking about getting players in next January, or about seeing the benefit of last Januarys signings in the new season?  Bit cheeky by .com, IMO

Yeah, was trying to find the relevant bit as well. Hopefully they've just missed some of the interview out, otherwise their headline is a load of old bollocks.

That is shocking, no getting away from it. No denying that. What i meant from short space of time though was in fact a season. It's not actually a long period of time in a football club especially when managers have been given long contracts to turn things around or achieve success. For me i think there's not enough patience and faith from the boardroom in managers up and down the country. Majority seem to want instant success/results, even if that is achieved and then not backed up or followed up by more success, they are gone. One bad season amongst a few or a bad start to a new job shouldn't necessarily mean you should be instantly binned imo.

What do you mean?

I know it's enough to get you sacked, that's obvious. But that doesn't mean it's a massive mistake for a club to stick with the manager. In fact, as we were saying on the previous page, we would probably giving credit to someone else for having faith in the manager.

It's not mistake if you can't hire anyone better. Otherwise it is.

He's saying January 2013 didn't have much of an effect cos we had so many injuries. It will have an effect now that the squad is fit again. A load of horseshite, but that's what he means.

And how does that relate to the January 2014 transfer window?

He's saying January 2013 didn't have much of an effect cos we had so many injuries. It will have an effect now that the squad is fit again. A load of horseshite, but that's what he means.

It doesn't.

Don't think it does, it's a pretty shit article. It's clear he's talking about the 2013 January transfer window imo.

What do you mean?

It's not mistake if you can't hire anyone better. Otherwise it is.

I suppose so, but that doesn't really get to the heart of the argument. Your existing manager might improve after the dip, your proposed new manager might do worse than expected, his good season might have been a fluke. There are still a lot of unknowns, unless you are going for a manager of proven achievement over a number of years. E.g. not Poyet or anyone like that.

Don't think it does, it's a pretty shit article. It's clear he's talking about the 2013 January transfer window imo.

Yup. This bit is bunkum '...admits to already eyeing the January 2014 transfer window'.

It makes it sound like he's given up on this window already, but there's nowt to actually back that up.

I'm probably reading too much into it but that long section about players not being as good when they want to go and so you just have to let them go etc. I think that's exactly what he is going to say about Cabaye.

Feels like he's slowly building up to it with every interview now.

I saw Laudrup earlier this week. Talking up Europe, and how the earlier start will have them raring to go at Man United in the first game, as they'll be more up to speed.

What a contrast ...

Doesn't half piss me off.

Pardew has at least come out and said he would love to win the FA Cup this year, then fkn spoils it by saying it might take a bit of luck. :buck2:

Guest reefatoon

No chance will he want to win the cup this year, that would mean Europe again, and we all know what the cuntbag thinks of Europe.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt (one good season/one bad season) up until the Reading game. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that result is among the worst losses I've ever experienced as a Newcastle fan.

Liverpool was the worst for me, the line up was the worst i've ever seen in 10 years. I was excited for the match then the team went around and it was a sickening feeling knowing what the likely outcome of the match was going to be. I was praying for 0-0 half time before i even got to the stadium.

The Reading game was just an absolute farce, it seemed to me like Pardew was crying out to Mike to get some new players with some of the decisions he made, they were so bad and so far off what should have been happening I thought at the time he was just exaggerating his plea.