Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest neesy111

How come sbr never lost a league game after a champions league match?

The Europa is tougher than the Champions League.

That was when there was 2 group stages as well.

If we have more than enough revenue to sign players then let's do it. But as far as I know we have only posted two small profits in our recent history, so our spending has been outstripping our income for years. Before it was adding to the debt we owed to Barclays (IIRC), now it would be up to Ashley to finance it.

:lol:

Christ.

FFS man Wullie, it's a fact we were making regular losses and our debt was increasing.

How come sbr never lost a league game after a champions league match?

The Europa is tougher than the Champions League.

Due to the denigration of sports science, the theft of nutritional dietary knowledge and less advanced training methods players are less well equipped to play two games a week than they were 10 years ago. You can't compare the two.

When you consider that Swansea finished 7th last season then it shows that with a half decent squad you can still have a very good season, but you need a good manager who has a squad which is tailored to his preferred style of play. We have neither.

:facepalm:

i'd like the facepalm explained brett, disgrace tbh

Facepalm explaination: Basically Swansea have had one good year under Laudrup, finished 7th. We had our good year under Pardew finished 5th. He then went on to fail last season.

We don't know how Laudrup will get on this season yet but Pardew has proved as well with a 'half decent squad you can still have a good season' but everyone is in sort of agreement he isn’t a good manager which makes the original point incorrect (you need a good manager), if it is to believed he is in fact poor.

well, as tron was pointing out swansea were essentially a new promoted team in their second season in the PL, laudrup came in and signed jokers like michu for 2m and they were expected to fail....alas they thrived and won a cup due to have a manager who knew how to coach good football, rotate a small squad, and succeed when it looks like the odds were against him, that type of thing

contrast wtih AP who went into in his best ever season with a plan a...it worked then it started to fail, badly, only he was lucky enough to have 2 double figures strikers hitting form at the right time...actually that wasn't quite enough, it took ben arfa to force him to play him and embark on a period of quality football for say 8 matches that we'd never seen the entire season

the same system he abandoned at the start of the next season to such wonderful effect

i don't know man, your wish to believe pardew will "turn it around" seems to know no bounds, not even those of reality

If we have more than enough revenue to sign players then let's do it. But as far as I know we have only posted two small profits in our recent history, so our spending has been outstripping our income for years. Before it was adding to the debt we owed to Barclays (IIRC), now it would be up to Ashley to finance it.

Christ.

FFS man Wullie, it's a fact we were making regular losses and our debt was increasing.

I'm not explaining it again, it's not going in and isn't going to.

Christ.

I'm not explaining it again, it's not going in and isn't going to.

Give it one more go, I'd honestly like to know if I'm being an idiot.

When you consider that Swansea finished 7th last season then it shows that with a half decent squad you can still have a very good season, but you need a good manager who has a squad which is tailored to his preferred style of play. We have neither.

:facepalm:

i'd like the facepalm explained brett, disgrace tbh

Facepalm explaination: Basically Swansea have had one good year under Laudrup, finished 7th. We had our good year under Pardew finished 5th. He then went on to fail last season.

We don't know how Laudrup will get on this season yet but Pardew has proved as well with a 'half decent squad you can still have a good season' but everyone is in sort of agreement he isn’t a good manager which makes the original point incorrect (you need a good manager), if it is to believed he is in fact poor.

well, as tron was pointing out swansea were essentially a new promoted team in their second season in the PL, laudrup came in and signed jokers like michu for 2m and they were expected to fail....alas they thrived and won a cup due to have a manager who knew how to coach good football, rotate a small squad, and succeed when it looks like the odds were against him, that type of thing

contrast wtih AP who went into in his best ever season with a plan a...it worked then it started to fail, badly, only he was lucky enough to have 2 double figures strikers hitting form at the right time...actually that wasn't quite enough, it took ben arfa to force him to play him and embark on a period of quality football for say 8 matches that we'd never seen the entire season

the same system he abandoned at the start of the next season to such wonderful effect

i don't know man, your wish to believe pardew will "turn it around" seems to know no bounds, not even those of reality

Can't even be arsed to climb down the hole you've just dug to explain a reply to you. Michu expected to fail  :lol:

Basically we make loads of money, and outgoings don't matter. We're rich only Ashley is keeping it all for himself so he can dive in to it ala Scrooge McDuck.

I think that's what he's saying.

Basically we make loads of money, and outgoings don't matter. We're rich only Ashley is keeping it all for himself so he can dive in to it ala Scrooge McDuck.

I honestly don't get it. I feel like I've missed something incredibly important. As far as I knew, if you were spending loads more than you were earning then that would lead to increased debt. I can't see how that can exist alongside being able to spend as much as you want.

I'm genuinely not having a go either, I'm just stumped.

Can't even be arsed to climb down the hole you've just dug to explain a reply to you. Michu expected to fail  :lol:

"they" were expected to fail i said, let me retract and say "not expected to succeed" if that helps you

i've come to the conclusion you know absolutely nothing about football brett, nothing at all

I honestly don't get it. I feel like I've missed something incredibly important. As far as I knew, if you were spending loads more than you were earning then that would lead to increased debt. I can't see how that can exist alongside being able to spend as much as you want.

Aye but players are worth money over their contract, so buying them means we are valued the same, like that makes all the difference especially to what we have to spend.

This bullshit is why I dropped the conversation yesterday, so much crap flying around to try and cloud things, totally pointless trying to wade through it all.

Absolutely pathetic.

Aye but players are worth money over their contract, so buying them means we are valued the same, like that makes all the difference especially to what we have to spend.

This bullshit is why I dropped the conversation yesterday, so much crap flying around to try and cloud things, totally pointless trying to wade through it all.

Ah right, aye I understand that in accounting terms they become assets. But that's just accounting magic, and only effects us if we sell them or the club. In cash flow and debt terms, you still have to finance the actual deals with money.

Anyway, sorry for dragging out the whole finances thing, just seems impossible to avoid when everyone is talking about our level of spending.

Absolutely pathetic.

I honestly want it explained, I don't know how much clearer I can be. I'm not having a go at you.

"they" were expected to fail i said, let me retract and say "not expected to succeed" if that helps you

i've come to the conclusion you know absolutely nothing about football brett, nothing at all

Just like Newcastle weren't expecting success when they haven't replaced Carroll and spent the 35 million, they've sold Enrique, they've sold Nolan, they've released Barton and brought in 'jokers' like Cabaye for 4 million? Works both ways. Just your basically trying to go down the line of we fluked the 5th because of a few good players. The original point which was made 'you need a good manager to have a very good season' is basically what Pardew proved to be incorrect, like i say, if he is in fact poor. I think your trying to deflect away praise for Pardew for our season we finished 5th, people don’t want to believe he actually did it. He, Alan Pardew, got a side who were the underdogs, fighting for a champions league spot. No two ways about it.

Absolutely pathetic.

I honestly want it explained, I don't know how much clearer I can be. I'm not having a go at you.

What, that I don't think we can "spend as much as we want"?

Ah right, aye I understand that in accounting terms they become assets. But that's just accounting magic, and only effects us if we sell them or the club. In cash flow and debt terms, you still have to finance the actual deals with money.

Anyway, sorry for dragging out the whole finances thing, just seems impossible to avoid when everyone is talking about our level of spending.

Absolutely, has nothing to do with what we can spend now but some think it does. Like I say, just crap to cloud things.

People banging on about sotons (or the likes of) spends, they've got money and don't have a wage bill like ours. Bet thry are also enjoying a huge increase in commercial sales while ours are down.

We need players but we don't need any more debt which will be owed to Ashley and further away goes the chance someone will buy us. He's certainly not going to give us free money and the only way to get rid of him is to get debts down.

We made £10m in 2012, is that the most the club has ever made in a season? Without knowing I bet it is.

Absolutely pathetic.

No sorry, that was flippant. I just mean, if our spending is more than our income, then we add to our debt. And that has to be financed.

I know that players become assets for accounting purposes after they're signed, but in real terms their purchase still needs to be paid for with money, that comes from our revenue.

Every time we get near this point it ends in some sort of throwaway remark or personal abuse. I'm just not sure what I'm missing?

Just like Newcastle weren't expecting success when they haven't replaced Carroll and spent the 35 million, they've sold Enrique, they've sold Nolan, they've released Barton and brought in 'jokers' like Cabaye for 4 million? Works both ways. Just your basically trying to go down the line of we fluked the 5th because of a few good players. The original point which was made 'you need a good manager to have a very good season' is basically what Pardew proved to be incorrect, like i say, if he is in fact poor. I think your trying to deflect away praise for Pardew for our season we finished 5th, people don’t want to believe he actually did it. He, Alan Pardew, got a side who were the underdogs, fighting for a champions league spot. No two ways about it.

brett, in fucking crayons mate from tron:

"but you need a good manager who has a squad which is tailored to his preferred style of play. We have neither."

when we finished 5th we were arguably split between the promotion and staying up team (pardew's style of cloggers) and some of the new blood like cabaye...he played a very basic, static game that relied heavily on the strikers making something from direct balls...ba and cisse did him proud that season

however it was very easy to work out and when he was required to adapt the following season failed beyond human failure, there should be a statue to commemorate his failure tbh

again brett, you either know fuck all about football or are now too invested in defending pardew

We made £10m in 2012, is that the most the club has ever made in a season? Without knowing I bet it is.

Yes I think it is, and it was preceded by a couple of £30m+ losses.

What are the similar "profits" (there's that word again that doesn't mean anything on its own because if you buy a £10m player, the profit remains the same for a year at which point the profit will say £8m) for other clubs? Because ultimately the numbers only mean something when compared to our competitors.

Absolutely pathetic.

No sorry, that was flippant. I just mean, if our spending is more than our income, then we add to our debt. And that has to be financed.

I know that players become assets for accounting purposes after they're signed, but in real terms their purchase still needs to be paid for with money, that comes from our revenue.

Everytime we get near this point it ends in some sort of throwaway remark or personal abuse. I'm just not sure what I'm missing?

The reason we struggle to pay for, e.g. two £10m players is because NUFC, unlike every other club in football, insist on paying their transfers up front. Why do they do this? It's insane.

If we did that today, it would cost us £20m right this second. If Spurs/Arsenal/Everton/anyone else did it, it would cost them £4m.

We're crippling our own spending power.