Alan Pardew

Mike

Credit for finally figuring it out? I don't think so. When we played 433 last, we got a few emphatic results, and produced some great attacking football. Didn't see it once last season iirc (maybe bar Spurs at home - first game of the season).

The reason we need to play 433 is HBA. He is our best player, and this is the formation that suits him best in the PL.

Mind you, the narrow formation we played in the first half of the season we finished 5th, when we had HBA playing behind Ba wasn't too bad either, and we went toe to toe with some of the bigger teams. But that was then, and it was a platform we needed to use to build confidence and get solid points in the bag.

The only credit I give Pardew for is the 3 points. Get 3 points more often than not, and I couldn't care less about the amount of bollocks he talks. Get those players motivated and focused enough to defend leads, add to leads, or claw back results, and I couldn't care less what formation we play.

Mind you, the narrow formation we played in the first half of the season we finished 5th, when we had HBA playing behind Ba wasn't too bad either, and we went toe to toe with some of the bigger teams.

What in the hell are you talking about? :lol:

Mind you, the narrow formation we played in the first half of the season we finished 5th, when we had HBA playing behind Ba wasn't too bad either, and we went toe to toe with some of the bigger teams.

:thup: :lol: Seriously, when you figure it out, I'd appreciate if you could explain that to me :lol:

As for Pardew, he is getting tons of love for doing what was obvious to 99% of this forum. It's unbelievable how people are ready to forgive him already after putting us through what he did last season and just two weeks ago before the Fulham game. Cabaye refusal to play forced him to see what Anita is capable of, lets just wait until Titoe is fit and back into the team. :anguish:

People need to calm down. Most people are heavily critical of him and no-one's lavishing him with praise. You can give him a modicum of credit for a step in the right direction. Don't worry lads we're all in the idiotic liar camp really. He has to keep this up over the season and possibly the next before he'll get true kudos.

He stumbled into the 4-3-3 in our good season and injuries to Jonas and Tiote seem to have made him do the same. Fair play to him for picking the team he did yesterday though, I wasn't expecting it at all. Just hope he sticks to it and that a couple of defeats don't scare him into going back to 4-4-2 Pardball.

He stumbled into the 4-3-3 in our good season and injuries to Jonas and Tiote seem to have made him do the same. Fair play to him for picking the team he did yesterday though, I wasn't expecting it at all. Just hope he sticks to it and that a couple of defeats don't scare him into going back to 4-4-2 Pardball.

I've got no faith in him sticking to it, like you say he stumbled into that formation, injuries forced his hand.  When Jonas and Tiote are fit they'll both start.

I liked Pardew's post match interview. His appetite for playing attacking football is clear. Whether we can keep the players fit that will allow them to form a cohesive attacking unit is another matter.

Not really.

:lol: We played well today and the win was brilliant but some of the stuff that's been posted on here afterwards is f***ing criminal like.

It is :lol:

If we play like that for the next 6-8 games i'll be delighted but it's a bit premature at the moment. Let's see how we're looking half way through November rather than just playing 90 minutes of good football out of 450 minutes.

about 105mins if you include then of the fulham game.

I was including the Fulham game.

Villa had a good 20-25 minutes after half time today. We looked ropey then. Very happy to see that we recovered. Very happy.

villa did have a good spell, we didn't look ropey though, get what you mean though.

as someone who has pushed the 4-3-3 since ben arfa arrived, seen it work very well the season before last before being ditched because of a bad result (and who knows why last season ?) i'd like to see it as our default and I think it will with remy's arival. maybe differnt variants at time, tiote/jonas for an injured/suspended cabaye/anita/sissoko.  It gets the best out of ben arfa which creates space elsewhere.

4-3-3 is definitely the best formation for the players we've got, but I'm not sure that is going to work against every team. I still think we might miss having a natural wide player on the left so we could go 4-4-2 in some games.

Yup Pardew can't help but talk crap at every opportunity..... i also fail to see why we couldn't have played the 433 with Gouffran-Cisse-Hatem.

But oh well as long as he keeps to it this time i couldn't care less what has happened in the past.

That's probably how everyone feels. If we can play like we did yeserday but with a bit of improvement along the way we'll have a decent season. He's still a fraud and liar, and I expect another useless excuse in our next loss.

Guest neesy111

We won, he's still shit. And a cunt. Fuck you Alan.

Basically my view.  He did well today, but it took injuries to Jonas and Tiote to force them out of the team, not being dropped for bad performances.

Got to say for long spells yesterday we looked really good. If Hatem stays fit we're dangerous against any side. Remy playing where the spider used to play has made a massive difference to the way we can break out against sides.

Got to say for long spells yesterday we looked really good. If Hatem stays fit we're dangerous against any side. Remy playing where the spider used to play has made a massive difference to the way we can break out against sides.

I know, what a difference Remy makes compared to having the asthmatic Jesus there.

Mick is pretty much spot on there. Pardew's hand has been forced and it's worked, but I really don't think he's suddenly developed some tactical algorithm after 2 years that blows everything else he's produced out of the water. He'll probably ride the crest of this wave of form and revert to type. Why do I say that? Because it's what he's done before.

There's been relevant mitigating factors people are happy to ignore so it's a pointless debate.

Some people are almost upset he might be on his way to proving them wrong. Bitter-sweet for the boo boys...

I think you'll find a lot of the 'boo-boys' don't form a new opinion after every single result. I would say everyone is happy he got it right today and I'm not seeing any evidence to contradict that so actually it would seem you are the one desperate to be proven right.

This is the key imo. I didn't see the match but it sounds like we deserved the win and credit has to go to Pardew for that. Let's just see how the next few games go before we start making any grand gestures. Looking at games in isolation doesn't tell you much about how well a manager is doing his job imo.

:lol: Apologies. Narrow was blatantly the wrong choice of word. Had it in my mind that HBA didn't play out wide, and the word just popped right out. We did play with Obertan and Jonas out wide of course, with HBA central adding to the midfield numbers.