Alan Pardew

Mike

The first 11 we had out were often far superior to the one we were up against in games that we lost and drew last year, it's really as simple as that for me.  We were far less than the sum of our parts for almost the entire season.  Even the games we won and snatched draws from were ugly on the whole and we almost made a pig's ear of a few of them.  Really fortunate not to go down IMO.

well put, sums up last season for me

I totally understand why people want him sacked, and I know he's fucked up quite a few times. He also talks a fair bit of bollocks, although I don't object to that as much as most people. The arguments have been done to death now, I just hope that our positive run continues and he learns from his mistakes.

I totally understand why people want him sacked, and I know he's f***ed up quite a few times. He also talks a fair bit of bollocks, although I don't object to that as much as most people. The arguments have been done to death now, I just hope that our positive run continues and he learns from his mistakes.

:thup: everyone ought to be happy with this.

Not an excuse in the world for playing hoofball with the squad he had. No one who sticks up for him will explain that.

Please try to explain the shite football, and what injuries and the Europa Cup had to do with hoofing it to Cisse, playing Cisse on the wing, playing Jonas every single game, picking Tiote ahead of Vurnon. Shortage of players maybe, but surely you still get the 11 you have to pass the ball. Or is Pardew excused that as well ?.

Please explain away.....

I think personnel had a lot more to do with it than any pre conceived plan.

Replacing Simpson and Williamson with Debuchy and MYM (i.e. players who are comfortable on the ball rather than players who are not) and getting Colo and Santon fit, thereby having 4 footballing defenders, gives us a much better foundation for playing it from the back and through the midfield.

Even Pardew's harshest critics must concede that he was pretty hamstrung last season in terms of back 4 selection.

Guest bimpy474

Not an excuse in the world for playing hoofball with the squad he had. No one who sticks up for him will explain that.

Please try to explain the shite football, and what injuries and the Europa Cup had to do with hoofing it to Cisse, playing Cisse on the wing, playing Jonas every single game, picking Tiote ahead of Vurnon. Shortage of players maybe, but surely you still get the 11 you have to pass the ball. Or is Pardew excused that as well ?.

Please explain away.....

Replacing Simpson and Williamson with Debuchy and MYM (i.e. players who are comfortable on the ball rather than players who are not) and getting Colo and Santon fit, thereby having 4 footballing defenders, gives us a much better foundation for playing it from the back and through the midfield.

Even Pardew's harshest critics must concede that he was pretty hamstrung last season in terms of back 4 selection.

What Danny Simpson who spent his entire youth career at Man Utd the world famous hoofballers. See every excuse made for him total nonsense in regards to the style of football. Now he did have injuries and more games to play, but that still doesn't excuse, explain or justify playing long ball at all.

And at the start of the season he made his mind up to play that way and stuck to it, nearly relegating us. A team that has Marv, Cabaye, Santon, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Colo, and even Tiote who of course played for the famous long ball merchants FC Twente, in it, to play long ball was just plain bad management, no more no less.

Injuries, Europa, hoofball, Set Penises = Long ball as the only option, fuck a duck it does.

Guest bimpy474

I still don't think he likes 'hoofball' at all, Williamson and Simpson just can't play football. He does like a more 'front foot' style than some people would like, me included. But it's not really long ball.

Again utter crap, Simpson who played all his youth football at Man Utd. Sorry just utter bollocks. There isn't an excuse for it no matter how hard you look.

This week has shown, what football can be played with this squad, all the better for it, and i'm happy as it was enjoyable.

Guest icemanblue

Please explain away.....

What Danny Simpson who spent his entire youth career at Man Utd the world famous hoofballers. See every excuse made for him total nonsense in regards to the style of football. Now he did have injuries and more games to play, but that still doesn't excuse, explain or justify playing long ball at all.

And at the start of the season he made his mind up to play that way and stuck to it, nearly relegating us. A team that has Marv, Cabaye, Santon, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Colo, and even Tiote who of course played for the famous long ball merchants FC Twente, in it, to play long ball was just plain bad management, no more no less.

Injuries, Europa, hoofball, Set Penises = Long ball as the only option, fuck a duck it does.

If he was good enough at whatever brand of football they do play, he'd still be there. The rest of the post is equally as daft.

I still don't think he likes 'hoofball' at all, Williamson and Simpson just can't play football. He does like a more 'front foot' style than some people would like, me included. But it's not really long ball.

Again utter crap, Simpson who played all his youth football at Man Utd. Sorry just utter bollocks. There isn't an excuse for it no matter how hard you look.

This week has shown, what football can be played with this squad, all the better for it, and i'm happy as it was enjoyable.

Simpson might have played all his youth career at Barcelona, but he was still terrible on the ball.

The style has improved you're right though, and I agree Pardew has been a bit too direct for most people.

Mind you, I saw zero fucking evidence of that when he was here, Bimp. Dreadful footballer with no natural ability on the ball whatsoever.

Guest bimpy474

Please explain away.....

If he was good enough at whatever brand of football they do play, he'd still be there. The rest of the post is equally as daft.

In regards to Simpson, he isn't a good player but he can pass a ball, as can the rest of our squad.

Please explain why we played long ball, Cisse on the wing, Tiote and Jonas when they were so out of form because of the Europa league games and injuries ?.

Does anyone think that Laudrup would have played Tiote and Perch as his two central midfielders if he was manager here? I watched Swansea on Sunday and you don't get football that fluid without some very good preparation from the manager.

Guest bimpy474

Mind you, I saw zero fucking evidence of that when he was here, Bimp. Dreadful footballer with no natural ability on the ball whatsoever.

Any professional player can pass a ball short, even Simpson, the pass for the goal at Benfica as an example (slightly longer pass but still). What our players had collectively was no movement and no options to pass short.

That was completely down to Pardew's poor tactics, which rankles me more because he has shown we can play with movement, short passing and decent attacking in the last two games, and that is down to Pardew management.

Guest icemanblue

Please explain away.....

In regards to Simpson, he isn't a good player but he can pass a ball, as can the rest of our squad.

Please explain why we played long ball, Cisse on the wing, Tiote and Jonas when they were so out of form because of the Europa league games and injuries ?.

:lol: Nah, man. I don't have to. Simpson, as a footballer, is well below Premier League standard. That cannot be argued, we've all seen enough evidence. Even before Pardew arrived.

Guest bimpy474

Please explain away.....

:lol: Nah, man. I don't have to. Simpson, as a footballer, is well below Premier League standard. That cannot be argued, we've all seen enough evidence. Even before Pardew arrived.

Agree with you like, Simpson is probably below Championship standard to be honest. On Friday night my eldest boy went to watch Southend v Scunthorpe, and came home telling me how good a game it was. He was surprised at the way the teams kept it on the floor.

That's the thing i mean, if rank average lower league players can pass a ball on the floor, our squad should have been able to. Pardew's tactics were to hoof it, it's not a reflection on the players (they need their share of blame mind), but on him. It frustrates me because look at the last two games, especially the Villa game where we played good football imo.

Guest bimpy474

Please explain away.....

Surely you do if you say someone has said something daft, i thought you liked doing that sort of thing  :shifty:

Please explain away.....

So essentially you're saying that there is no difference in the ability of a team with a back four of Debuchy, Colo, MYM and Santon to play from the back, as opposed to a defence which includes any 1,2 or 3 of Williamson, Simpson, Perch or Taylor and that it was the manager's preference to play it long, rather than the players' inability to do otherwise ?

Not sure about that like.

Does anyone think that Laudrup would have played Tiote and Perch as his two central midfielders if he was manager here? I watched Swansea on Sunday and you don't get football that fluid without some very good preparation from the manager.

He would had resigned sooner or later having to deal with players like that pushed towards him.

Championship players of English nationality can be told to play it out from the back it's not rocket science. It's a case of working on it in training and then just doing it. I'm pretty sure we played more long-ball than any other team last season. It's Pardew's trademark. Due to the recruitment that he has no hand in, he's being forced to change to the needs of the squad as his job is under pressure now. God knows where we'd end up with a manager who's any use, like a Martinez or Laudrup, with this squad. Man for man there's just no excuse.

Guest bimpy474

Please explain away.....

So essentially you're saying that there is no difference in the ability of a team with a back four of Debuchy, Colo, MYM and Santon to play from the back, as opposed to a defence which includes any 1,2 or 3 of Williamson, Simpson, Perch or Taylor and that it was the manager's preference to play it long, rather than the players' inability to do otherwise ?

Not sure about that like.

You would think it works that way but it doesn't. Looking at how Brighton play, Watford etc. Teams with players with lesser ability than ours, but their managers want them to play football on the floor. It's about how the manager wants the team to play. Managers like that dont play hoof style because of injuries or players with lesser ability.

Guest bimpy474

Teams in the championship can play decent football can't they? Simpson may not be premier league quality, doesn't mean he can't pass five fucking yards on the deck like. It's a coaching thing, you don't make it to professional without the ability to be able to play simple passes on the floor. Redundant argument.

That's what i'm getting at, lesser ability doesn't mean you have to just hoof it.

Teams with players with lesser ability than ours, but their managers want them to play football on the floor. It's about how the manager wants the team to play. Managers like that dont play hoof style because of injuries or players with lesser ability.

In general style I agree with what you're saying, but in terms of hoofballs do their defenders really have less ball playing ability than Simpson and Williamson? I would be surprised TBH.

Guest icemanblue

Teams in the championship can play decent football can't they? Simpson may not be premier league quality, doesn't mean he can't pass five f***ing yards on the deck like. It's a coaching thing, you don't make it to professional without the ability to be able to play simple passes on the floor. Redundant argument.

That's what i'm getting at, lesser ability doesn't mean you have to just hoof it.

Exactly. I'd argue it's easier to just play the simple ball out of defence. At the level of professional you should minimum be able to pass short to a team mate under a bit of pressure

So they only did it under instruction from Pardew, aye? :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Teams with players with lesser ability than ours, but their managers want them to play football on the floor. It's about how the manager wants the team to play. Managers like that dont play hoof style because of injuries or players with lesser ability.

In general style I agree with what you're saying, but in terms of hoofballs do their defenders really have less ball playing ability than Simpson and Williamson? I would be surprised TBH.

Not sure tbh mate, but take Morecambe they tried to pass against us, from the back. Obviously better players will be better at it but it doesn't mean lesser player shouldn't try. And when we lined up with a team of Krul, Simpson, Colo, Williamson, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye, Marv, Ben Arfa, Jonas and Cisse, surely the can try to pass it like Watford, Brighton or bloody Morecambe. It's the manager, it really is that simple.