Alan Pardew

Mike

"We started really, really well and got the goal, which is not something we do often at home, get an early goal, and everything looked happy."

Isn't that part of the problem? I didn't see the game live but everything I read and heard suggested we started really well and just ran out of impetus and ideas. Under Pardew we simply don't dominate teams from start to finish when the opportunity is there, we've seen this time and time again over the years.

He keeps claiming that an attacking side is what he wants to put out, and to play 'on the front foot' (remember that?). And yet too frequently his selections, formations, tactics and his team's response to going ahead early all show the complete opposite.

As a simple example, we've scored more than three goals in a league match four times since he's been here, and three of those were in his first season with Hughton's team. That's once in the last 88 matches, despite all the attacking talent at his disposal. Does that sound like the record of a club that goes out to attack?

Absolutely shocking when it's laid out like that. Gormless tit.

Guest bimpy474

Don't forget Harper would have given Hull an in-depth scouting report on all of our players. May have had an effect. They definitely knew our weak points and marshalled Ben Arfa well.

We aren't exactly that hard to defend against though really. We have zilch threat from set pieces, we dont cut through teams, we dont get decent crosses in, we never impose our game on a team to the extent they know they will get a decent chance at running a game, and we're predictable unless Ben Arfa gets his magic box out. Tactically we're pants. We really are the easiest side to set up against.

Makes it all more weird that Villa played so open, lucky for us they did as we did play well. Looking like we played well because of their poor showing though.

Guest bimpy474

Didn't we score 4 against Wolves a couple of seasons ago too? Or is that more than 88 matches ago?

I think the 88 games are from his first full season onward. The Wolves result was in his first 6 months i think, same with the Arsenal 4-4.

The Wolves game a year later when Terry Connor was in charge and they were conceding five goals on a regular basis in which we came out after half time and attempted to defend a 2-0 lead is still one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen from a Newcastle team. Nothing has changed since then in terms of mentality.

The Wolves game a year later when Terry Connor was in charge and they were conceding five goals on a regular basis in which we came out after half time and attempted to defend a 2-0 lead is still one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen from a Newcastle team. Nothing has changed since then in terms of mentality.

Fucking hell I could have done without being reminded of that. Connor the poor sod didn't know where to turn to avoid multiple goal thrashings until Pards turned up with his notebook and vaseline.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah, I was pretty lazy then thought about it and worked it out. We were practically cavalier in those first 6 months compared to how we are now.

I suppose it was still Hughton's team with different characters in there like Barton and Nolan, we might have better footballers now but definitely have less............something missing.

Guest bimpy474

Fucking hell I could have done without being reminded of that. Connor the poor sod didn't know where to turn to avoid multiple goal thrashings until Pards turned up with his notebook and vaseline.

That was Connor's only point gained wasn't it :lol:

Yeah, I was pretty lazy then thought about it and worked it out. We were practically cavalier in those first 6 months compared to how we are now.

I suppose it was still Hughton's team with different characters in there like Barton and Nolan, we might have better footballers now but definitely have less............something missing.

Commitment.

Guest bimpy474

Last 3 home games against mediocre opposition should have been 9 points.  Instead we have 4.  We will not survive with that sort of return from home games

Best not let Brett know that :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Commitment.

Aye, a bit of know how as well i think.

:lol: He was so bad he'd cry in interviews after every game.

Except our game of course.

Without even having seen the game, it reminded me of the Wolves match.

Commitment.

The clue is in the thread title.

"The formation was the same today, the set-up was the same but we looked not the same.

Did he say that? :lol:

Why shouldn't he say that?  He says what he wants people to believe rather then what happened in reality and some fall for it time after time after time.