Alan Pardew

Mike

Id almost take a relegation to get rid of the liar king.. at least we would be within a shout of getting a competent if average manager.

For me pardew is way below average and for all our stars its like giving a 10 year old a pound of beef tenderloin and ask him to cook a dinner.

He would only know how to make a pizza the same way Pardew only knows how to play cloggers... he benched tevez and macherano make of that what you will...

Yet another scandinavian nonce.

Pardew has a better record than Allardyce and Hughton had when they were here before. 

With Hughton I think it's like for like. 

With Allardyce I Can't imagine anyone that watched his football when he was last here wanting to watch it again.  Aren't West ham and Norwich fans both voicing dissent and wanting rid?

I knew Laudrup would get that reaction.  See how he copes with this season in the Europa after having a dig at Pardew, then I'll eat my words.

Having seen Swansea this season, playing some of the best football I've watched in the premier I think I'd take my chances. But it's a good insight into your thinking and I'm definitely quite happy to be in the opposite camp. Let's revisit this thread at Christmas and see who was right.

Pardew has a better record than Allardyce and Hughton had when they were here before. 

With Allardyce I Can't imagine anyone that watched his football when he was last here wanting to watch it again.  Aren't West ham and Norwich fans both voicing dissent and wanting rid?

I knew Laudrup would get that reaction.  See how he copes with this season in the Europa after having a dig at Pardew, then I'll eat my words.

Having seen Swansea this season, playing some of the best football I've watched in the premier I think I'd take my chances. But it's a good insight into your thinking and I'm definitely quite happy to be in the opposite camp. Let's revisit this thread at Christmas and see who was right.

Steady on, man.

Steady on, man.

You don't agree?

I don't care how many competitions Swansea will be involved in, to consider they will actually do equally as bad as we did last season or worse would be absurd.

Cannot comprehend.

Guest firetotheworks

Pardew doesn't have a better record than Allardyce in this league overall. I'd hate to have Allardyce here.

What are you basing that on?

Career

Pardew 42.44% (50.89% points)

Allardyce 40.05% Win (49.03% points)

That's their full careers, not the Premier League. It hardly counts if you're going to take Pardew's League One form into account.

I wonder why happy face spends so much time defending Pardew?

For someone that claims he doesn't like him and think he should had been sacked.  Very odd.

Because i don't cut off my nose to spite my face.  You need to think decisions like that through to their logical conclusion.

Would his replacement be an improvement?  Would he get money to spend?  Would he handle Ben Arfa as well? Would he handle the Kinnear situation as well?

etc.

3 of our last 6 home games have been what I would describe as "embarrassing defeats" and I'd class that as frequent.

I'd class that as a quirk of fixture scheduling :D

Out of 19 home games in our potential relegation season last year I'd say 3 were embarrassments.

Only 6 teams won more home games than us last year.  They all finished in the top 6.

How many teams lost more home games than we did?

Better to win 3 and lose 3 than draw 6.

None then.

You're not making any point worth making tbh.

Teams were relegated losing less than us.  Again, better to win and lose than to draw both.

There wasn't a single team in the league that lost more home games than us, "not a point worth making." :lol:

For someone that claims he doesn't like him and think he should had been sacked.  Very odd.

Because i don't cut off my nose to spite my face.  You need to think decisions like that through to their logical conclusion.

Would his replacement be an improvement?  Would he get money to spend?  Would he handle Ben Arfa as well? Would he handle the Kinnear situation as well?

etc.

this is the best you can do?  Don't replace Pardew because we got nut cases like HBA and JFK.  That is logical.

etc.

I don't see why it's too difficult to answer yes to all of those questions if you hire an intelligent manager who hasn't got a huge reputation yet.

Fuck Allardyce.  I have wanted rid of Pardew for a long time and still do but even I wouldn't replace him with hippo head.  Christ, you think we play shite football now?  Cast your mind back a few years to the time when he was stinking up NE1.  Not to mention the blokes a bellend on a level to rival saggy chops (albeit without the managerial ability).

Pardew is shit and we need rid but Fat Sam ffs, jog on.

Guest firetotheworks

FWIW Allardyce over 366 games has a worse win ratio, but better draw ratio than Pardew.

Allardyce, over 366 games

Wins: 35%

Draws: 28%

Losses: 37%

Pardew, over 177 matches

Wins: 36%

Draws: 23%

Losses: 41%

Guest icemanblue

etc.

I don't see why it's too difficult to answer yes to all of those questions if you hire an intelligent manager who hasn't got a huge reputation yet.

Like who, man?! I've seen you post this a few times now. Who is Mike Ashley going to employ?

Sorry we should just keep on board with Allardyce when he said he knew if he stopped Newcastle first 20 minutes, the crowd will turn against them. He’s not wrong either, we are awful for it, up there with the worst in the league, we turn up numbers which is great but we don’t turn up and get behind the team as well as we could or should.

Utter. f***ing. Bullshit.

'Get behind the team' man. f***ing do one man. Laughable.

What's laughable? It's the worst atmosphere i've seen at SJP since i started my season ticket 11 year ago. We are lucky to get the whole stadium standing up once for a simple chant like 'stand up if you love the toon', we sprout a couple of regular chants like 'toon toon black and white army' and 'newcastle newcastle newcastle...' and a couple of the fan fave chants like 'hatem ben arfa' and that's it. Literally that's all we do for 90 minutes. If people honestly believe they think the sjp atmosphere is good these days then i'm lost for words because it's atrocious, as bad as the football on show is, our support matches it, like i said nothing against numbers we are still by far one of the best fans in the country for this but in terms of vocal home support we are non-existent. At least we show ourselves in better light away from home but we have always done that but our home support has never been so dull.

Guest icemanblue

Sums up Pardew's abilities when we are having to compare stats with Fat Sam to prove which one is worse.

Well, we didn't have to. Think it was only KI who took issue with it, the ultimately proved himself wrong.

FWIW Allardyce over 366 games has a worse win ratio, but better draw ratio than Pardew.

Allardyce, over 366 games

Wins: 35%

Draws: 28%

Losses: 37%

Pardew, over 177 matches

Wins: 36%

Draws: 23%

Losses: 41%

Turning dem percentage into pts...

A pts: 486.48

P weighted pts: 479.46

etc.

Like who, man?! I've seen you post this a few times now. Who is Mike Ashley going to employ?

I would get Poyet in, I don't know how many times I have to keep saying it. Would Mike Ashley? How the fuck would I know?