Alan Pardew

Mike

Another thing, a new manager will be crying out for spending in the transfer window to take in some of his own players. Pardew, as we've seen already, is happy to sit there while next to nothing is spent. Pardew suits Ashley right down to the ground.

Difference between relegation and this is minimal in terms of enjoyment of the football for me. Happy to twist through Ashley's mixed bag of appointments on the basis that the alternative cannot possibly be much worse, but we could get lucky - worthwhile gamble IMO. Pardew gone is one less bad choice on the table, then the same with Kinnear after that.

Fair enough on first point, I can see that gamble and relegation/promotion could be more fun.

But there are an infinite amount of shit managers. Pardew being one less available bad choice will make no dent in the number of available shit options. Just think of where Kinnear came from. Ashley will find them.

this is literally the same argument NE5 used when people wanted shepherd out, "be careful what you wish for", unfortunately he was partially right :lol:

i'm afraid i side with the idea of taking our chances with a new appointment, at the moment with this joker running things in football terms we're just subsisting, and that's not an enjoyable state of affairs for any of us...the best case is he lucks out and appoints someone who can form a team, we play better football and ashley starts enjoying himself as an owner again 'cause i for one also subscribe to the idea that he's not leaving anytime soon due to the advertising

The football Laudrup plays should be more than enough to want anyone to change imo.

I go to the match to watch NUFC try and beat the other team by as many goals as possible, not to be bored, lose, then come home and console myself with carefully selected statistics.

Perfect post.

The football Laudrup plays should be more than enough to want anyone to change imo.

I go to the match to watch NUFC try and beat the other team by as many goals as possible, not to be bored, lose, then come home and console myself with carefully selected statistics.

Perfect post.

I was most definitely very bored on Saturday

The football Laudrup plays should be more than enough to want anyone to change imo. I'd sell my granny to have an exciting attacking manager like him.

Nice to see everybody looking at the positives and getting behind the manager. Wenesday was just awful - however we were short of probably 5 - 6 first teamers and half of those on the park were forced to play out of position. Souey's spent £50m so lets sack him and get another manager in. Give him £50m and sack him in 18 months as well. Whats the time limit now at SJP for "success" 1 month. 10 games? FFS could we lay off with the negativity. With a fully fit squad we should give most teams a run for their money. If Souey fails with a full squad then fine, sack him, but get real. Up to now he's fielded walking wounded and kids played out of position.

Against Wigan reserves.

Wigan. Reserves. Boumsong, Solano, Emre, Bowyer, Parker, Shearer, Luque - these are his players or players he has chosen to keep - and at huge expense.

Considering we have had the worst injury crisis in Premiership history I'd say Roeder has done very well to get us even competing. Add Owen to the season we have had and I think we'd easily be Top 6.

:lol: Have you been drinking?

Worst injury crisis in Premiership history my arse! Boro once forfeited a game because they didn't have enough players. That's a crisis, not having to use a couple of Academy lads - the same Boro played a nearly all Academy team last year and put up a better fight than we did today with a strong side.

You've been listening to Roeder's boring shite too much, Souness all over again.

When you play good football, you win football matches. You don't win them all by any means but if you play well, you create chances and by extension score goals.

You talk of "grinding out results" but that is a million miles away on current form because we're absolutely porous at the back. We are neither creating anything nor defending anything and you've got to do at least one of those!

There is often hyperbole on this forum, as with all football forums, but we were at home on Saturday and we didn't have a corner or a single shot at goal, we've also conceded 7 in 2 at SJP while not scoring a single 'real' goal since Spurs. It is not over the top to say that what we've seen over the past month is just as bad as anything we have seen over the past 15 years. I'm still somewhat hopeful that he can turn it round but he needs to do it fast.

I think you'd be better off cancelling your season ticket than pinning your hopes on a miraculous change to this cycle of pain you seem to be subjecting yourself to.

Oh dear. That's when you know someone's run out of material.

I know, he should get a new script, right.  Banging on about the way the game should be played, irrespective of the manager.  Saying how this manager and that one are definitely the worst for 15 years. Guaranteed he'll say the same about Pardew's replacement too.

The only surprise is it doesn't give him pause to consider if it's the ever changing cycle of managers he's moaned about or the men appointing the managers that are small minded when it comes to the product on the pitch.

Guest icemanblue

It's a decent point, like. I genuinely can't remember Wullie ever being happy. :lol:

It's a decent point, like. I genuinely can't remember Wullie ever being happy. :lol:

Crazy eh, what with all the ambition we've shown and success we've had in recent times.

Seemed to be happy enough to me when Chris Hughton was being left alone to run things.

Newcastle fan unhappy with Souness, Roeder and Allardyce who'd have thunk it.

No-one's particularly happy with Pardew either.

Difference between happy and advocating the sack though.

There's fuck all difference man  :lol:. Wullie is a dreamer who wants what's best for the club, its hardly worth all this drivel.

There's fuck all difference man  :lol:. Wullie is a dreamer who wants what's best for the club, its hardly worth all this drivel.

...and he's not the only one.

Guest firetotheworks

Find me anyone that was happy when Souness, Roeder and Allardyce were in charge ffs. :lol: If you're going to use that one then you'd have to use that one on 99% of the people on here, just as you would with Pardew.

:anguish: Poor show things like this. Roeder and Souness were both fucking awful. Football fans complain about managers they don't like, completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Have you run out of cherry picked/carefully worded stats?

I can keep them coming if you've been enjoying them.  Here's one for you.  Roeder still has the best Premier League points won record of any Newcastle manager outside of Keegan and Robson.

I wasn't keen on his brand of football either, but nor did I ever advocate for his sacking.

:anguish: Poor show things like this. Roeder and Souness were both f***ing awful. Football fans complain about managers they don't like, completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Have you run out of cherry picked/carefully worded stats?

I can keep them coming if you've been enjoying them.  Here's one for you.  Roeder still has the best Premier League points won record of any Newcastle manager outside of Keegan and Robson.

I wasn't keen on his brand of football either, but nor did I ever advocate for his sacking.

#Roederin

Crazy eh, what with all the ambition we've shown and success we've had in recent times.

Seemed to be happy enough to me when Chris Hughton was being left alone to run things.

I can't imagine Wullie was too happy at all with a fair proportion of our Premier League games under Hughton. Let's not forget that out of 5 home games against Blackburn, Blackpool, Stoke, Fulham and Wigan, we managed to get 2 points, playing some absolutely dire football in the process. Then there was a 5-1 hammering against Bolton and West Brom played us off the park in the 3-1.

I can't deny during them times i was probably exactly the same as Wullie. I've changed my perception under this regime well Pardew in particular, i'm sick of wanting managers out for that to happen only to be replaced with an equal amount of shit. For example I always thought Hughton was doing a decent enough job but I though we were better than him and should get rid of him and improve the calibre of manager…we got Pardew ffs! Decided it was time just for once to give the manager time in the job to prove his worth rather than wanting him out from the start or when things go badly like i had done in the past. If i knew we would be replacing Pardew with someone superior i would be all for it, however i just don't trust this lot anymore, can't be arsed for us to start all over again with someone like Kinnear, just couldn't face the misery of the appointment, then i would be all doom and gloom. So for now i'm given Pardew the benefit of the doubt in which the club has given him stability to a certain extent and hope he can turn it back around this season but i do actaully believe he can with the players at his disposal rather then the fact i believe he's a good manager.

Guest Forollhogna

I can't deny during them times i was probably exactly the same as Wullie. I've changed my perception under this regime well Pardew in particular, i'm sick of wanting managers out for that to happen only to be replaced with an equal amount of s***. For example I always thought Hughton was doing a decent enough job but I though we were better than him and should get rid of him and improve the calibre of manager…we got Pardew ffs! Decided it was time just for once to give the manager time in the job to prove his worth rather than wanting him out from the start or when things go badly like i had done in the past. If i knew we would be replacing Pardew with someone superior i would be all for it, however i just don't trust this lot anymore, can't be arsed for us to start all over again with someone like Kinnear, just couldn't face the misery of the appointment, then i would be all doom and gloom. So for now i'm given Pardew the benefit of the doubt in which the club has given him stability to a certain extent and hope he can turn it back around this season but i do actaully believe he can with the players at his disposal rather then the fact i believe he's a good manager.

Its like staying at home with a nasty rash on your leg because if you visit the hospital you might pick up something worse...  The positive posters on here might actually be the ones who want him out because they think someone capable just might turn up and accept the job?