Alan Pardew

Mike

When a Newcastle fan's question was posed to Alan Pardew, asking 'Does the total lack of relationship between the owner and the fans affect you?', Pardew said: "Mike is a strong character. He comes from a background of success, whatever he has done in his business career has been a success.

"When you come to football, the logic doesn't quite fit. We have many of these people in the game now, who have made their millions elsewhere.

"Mike comes from a field where he has been aggressive in his tactics, and it's brought him huge success, and trust me, he is a genius in that world.

"This is not his world, but he loves football. He wants Newcastle to do well, why wouldn't he?

"He can't understand the logic sometimes of how it works, and it confuses him and I think it upsets him. And sometimes when he's upset he does things that are not brilliant for the football club.

"But that's just Mike. I can think of a lot worse owners than Mike. We have no debt, except to Mike, so we're not in a bad position.

"But we're not in the position our fans want to be in. They want us to be up there with Manchester United and Manchester City. But until a Gulf state takes us over, or a Russian billionaire, we're probably not going to be able to compete with them, and that's a fact."

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/video/85285/this-city-hurts-itself-candid-pardew-talks-fans-ashley-and-kinnear

"If there was perhaps less pressure on our results, and the effect on the city, it would probably be a better club. But that's what it is, it's never going to change."

Stop caring and we'll be a better club.

When a Newcastle fan's question was posed to Alan Pardew, asking 'Does the total lack of relationship between the owner and the fans affect you?', Pardew said: "Mike is a strong character. He comes from a background of success, whatever he has done in his business career has been a success.

"When you come to football, the logic doesn't quite fit. We have many of these people in the game now, who have made their millions elsewhere.

"Mike comes from a field where he has been aggressive in his tactics, and it's brought him huge success, and trust me, he is a genius in that world.

"This is not his world, but he loves football. He wants Newcastle to do well, why wouldn't he?

"He can't understand the logic sometimes of how it works, and it confuses him and I think it upsets him. And sometimes when he's upset he does things that are not brilliant for the football club.

"But that's just Mike. I can think of a lot worse owners than Mike. We have no debt, except to Mike, so we're not in a bad position.

"But we're not in the position our fans want to be in. They want us to be up there with Manchester United and Manchester City. But until a Gulf state takes us over, or a Russian billionaire, we're probably not going to be able to compete with them, and that's a fact."

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/video/85285/this-city-hurts-itself-candid-pardew-talks-fans-ashley-and-kinnear

Fantastic party line quote at the bottom. Yes Alan, exactly what we want. Immediately. He can kiss my party line.

Guest bimpy474

I never heard him talk about JFK......

He did. He said he didn't know JFK before he came to the club, gets on ok and said JFK hasn't interfered with training or tactics. Said Mike told him their might be someone else coming in (JFK apointment i mean) but didn't tell him who, just hinted about the appointment, Fwiw.

"If there was perhaps less pressure on our results, and the effect on the city, it would probably be a better club. But that's what it is, it's never going to change."

Another sackable offence, the useless bastard.

Outrageous.  Yet again.

Actually all of the most successful clubs in the world have only a handful of fans who couldn't give a fuck whether they win or lose, so he's got a point tbf.

Honestly, after all of the patience he's been personally afforded I can't believe he's still coming out with this stuff.  The man is a first-class mook.

Guest neesy111

I fucking hate it when managers peddle this when at the club.  We have close to 50,000 fans attending league games, there is going to be much more pressure on results as we have far more active fans ffs.

Also don't get this stuff about him being likeable, he's far from it imo.

Guest neesy111

Doesn't somebody's sig have the Pardew quote saying the media making up these expectations?

A complete contradiction from the dickwad ;D

Yes. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/c1xHqZT.jpg

[glow=red,2,300]CALL IT SPORTS DIRECT ARENA.[/glow]