Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Every time I come into this thread I come out more confused than when I came in ffs

60% of the Time, It Works Every Time..... :smug:

Guest bimpy474

Many of Happy faces stats are genuinely interesting and he does an admirable job of keeping up with them. It's just annoying when people try to paint a clearly skewed picture with them.

Exactly what i couldn't find the words to describe it. Stats in themselves are quite interesing but when you use them to try prove something that needs much more than that, well i kind of go arghhhh.

Guest bimpy474

I dont need stats to tell me that Pardew is better than Souness, Roeder or Gullit. I dont need stats to tell me Sir Bobby was better than Pardew. I dont need stats that say we've played better football this season than we did last season(we are by a mile).  The thing with all that, different squads, different opposition, different tactics. Everything that stats cant show that affect things. My eyes and what i've seen from us tells me all i need to know.

We are playing better football now, than we ever have at any time under Pardew imo, yet stats dont show you just how nervy we get when having a lead. And thats been something thats been there his whole rein.

Judgment is better than stats.

The stats are an interesting adjunct to fuel debate. They only tell a partial story and are in no way debate clinchers.

if this thread, (and it's 1,2? predecessors) has proven anything it's that there will never be a debate clincher on pardew like - we'll be arguing like this to the end of his 8 year contract :lol:

happy face - get your microsoft excel 2016 pre-order in, bimpy fire up the .gifs

I dont need stats to tell me that Pardew is better than Souness, Roeder or Gullit. I dont need stats to tell me Sir Bobby was better than Pardew. I dont need stats that say we've played better football this season than we did last season(we are by a mile).  The thing with all that, different squads, different opposition, different tactics. Everything that stats cant show that affect things. My eyes and what i've seen from us tells me all i need to know.

We are playing better football now, than we ever have at any time under Pardew imo, yet stats dont show you just how nervy we get when having a lead. And thats been something thats been there his whole rein.

Agree with this 100%.

N.B. Doesn't mean I still think that we are not getting the most out of what we have... But well done anyway!

Stats are so gay and only tell half the story, you are right, I have seen all our games last 3 seasons bar maybe 1 or 2 and I don't give a fuck what stats would tell you we were horrific last season to watch, horrible but effective in first half of finishing 5th season, good counter attacking in second half of that season.

So far this season hit and miss, bit inconsistent but a real effort to keep and control the ball in our half, less aimless punts and a move towards counter attacking football. We have not been brilliant but are getting closer to being effective again. Need to sort out playing full pelt for 90 mins mind, only played well in one half most games

OMG - I cant believe there are thousands of posts on this forum debating the merits of stats.

Of course Stats tell a story, and of course they are important.

Of course they arent the only factor, and of course they dont track every single thing.

Do we really need to debate this to death?

Stats are so gay and only tell half the story, you are right, I have seen all our games last 3 seasons bar maybe 1 or 2 and I don't give a fuck what stats would tell you we were horrific last season to watch, horrible but effective in first half of finishing 5th season, good counter attacking in second half of that season.

So far this season hit and miss, bit inconsistent but a real effort to keep and control the ball in our half, less aimless punts and a move towards counter attacking football. We have not been brilliant but are getting closer to being effective again. Need to sort out playing full pelt for 90 mins mind, only played well in one half most games

Your judgement adds nothing new that the stats haven't already told us.

Your opinions are redundant. Submit to the numbers.

Guest bimpy474

I'll never be convinced by Pardew as a coach or person, especially after the 'let win for Mike' disgusting comment. But I've been quite encouraged by football and I cant deny what I see and our football has been better. I know we've gone far too defensive in games when leading, but even then we haven't resorted to hoofing it away, we've tried to counter by playing it out. Ok not very well but it's still encouraging that it's not just a hoof out.

The movement and consistent pattern of play is still not there but it's been much better, to watch and actually enjoy a bit this season. Not saying Pardew will get it right as I think he's not got enough ability to do that. I support Newcastle United and whatever I think of him, if he does make us very good, i'll be happy enough.

I'll add though, as soon as Ashley, Pardew, the fat tramp and the rest of Ashley's cronies are gone, it won't be a day too soon.