Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

The Premier League rights are up for sale in a few months as well. Both Google and Apple are said to be bidding for it which could blow Sky's budget apart. Not only that but it's expected to be sold off regionally, so there will be winner for the UK and EU. This would mean that Sky will likely have a lot more competition this time around and as I've said, both Google and Apple have enough money to blow Sky out of the water.

The Premier League rights are up for sale in a few months as well. Both Google and Apple are said to be bidding for it which could blow Sky's budget apart. Not only that but it's expected to be sold off regionally, so there will be winner for the UK and EU. This would mean that Sky will likely have a lot more competition this time around and as I've said, both Google and Apple have enough money to blow Sky out of the water.

If what you're suggesting is that rights for the PL will be sold "regionally" throughout Europe, they've done that since the beginning of the fucking PL.

If what you're suggesting is that rights for the PL will be sold "regionally" throughout Europe, they've done that since the beginning of the fucking PL.

No I mean that the EU and UK will all be one package, so one provider will provide content in all EU and UK countries. This is to stop streams from other EU countries being legal in the UK.

How would that work, TV-wise?

How would that work, TV-wise?

I'm guessing the same provider will just have different studio's and commentators for each country or have sub-providers. I think Ligue 1 does similar with Al Jazeera having the rights across many EU countries.

No I mean that the EU and UK will all be one package, so one provider will provide content in all EU and UK countries. This is to stop streams from other EU countries being legal in the UK.

The PL would lose out on so much fucking money, that would never happen. And I'm not even thinking about the logistics nightmare it would be.

The PL would lose out on so much fucking money, that would never happen. And I'm not even thinking about the logistics nightmare it would be.

It depends, wouldn't it just increase the amount they could ask for?

Either way I hope someone comes along and blows Sky out of the water, they have had a monopoly on it for far too long. More multiple providers would be better, instead of letting Sky have all but 1 or 2 packages.

Apple won't bid big for football. It's not their market.

Really, they are supposed to be launching a new Apple TV and are buying lots of content for it already.

They'll buy shite, flaccid dramas and back-to-back, arms crossed comedies. They won't get involved in football.

Saying that, the more I think about it the more I think they might :anguish:

BT have done the right thing tbh. For what they have to spend on Prem they have bought absolutely tit-loads of European stuff. There's an unbelievable amount of Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and even a bit of Brazilian, Scottish and Portuguese stuff. Not to mention a fair whack of Europa League. I would almost just sack off trying to get any more Prem (they have a few games a month atm anyway) and keep the cost down.

They have very good European shows/pundits. But as soon as they have a Prem game it goes nuts with "Fletch & Sav" and Owen and all the other usual bullshit-spouting mongs. Less of that please.

I'm hoping their Champs League coverage will be decent with all their European guys. Hope to god they get James Richardson to host it.

Guest neesy111

BT have done the right thing tbh. For what they have to spend on Prem they have bought absolutely tit-loads of European stuff. There's an unbelievable amount of Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and even a bit of Brazilian, Scottish and Portuguese stuff. Not to mention a fair whack of Europa League. I would almost just sack off trying to get any more Prem (they have a few games a month atm anyway) and keep the cost down.

They have very good European shows/pundits. But as soon as they have a Prem game it goes nuts with "Fletch & Sav" and Owen and all the other usual bullshit-spouting mongs. Less of that please.

I'm hoping their Champs League coverage will be decent with all their European guys. Hope to god they get James Richardson to host it.

Some reports have said BT might be pulling out soon, far too costly.

They'll get done for anti-competition soon. Probably as reported by Sky, just to top off the humongous irony.

Was just discussing James Richardson last night in the pub. Probably one of my favourite pundits since the days of Football Italia on C4 on a Sunday afternoon.

"Well if they look a little higher up the table, they will see Crystal Palace. Who've now moved up to 12th. 100% start for Alan Pardew. Be careful what you wish for if you're a Newcastle fan I would say Steve, because he has gone in there and turned it around."

WarwickHunt.

Some reports have said BT might be pulling out soon, far too costly.

:thup: good. I doubt they'd gain many subscribers with lots of Prem + high subscription fee vs. small amount of prem + low subscription fee.

Who? Where?

Who? Where? What?

I don't have kids but I would love to take my son (potentially) to his first game. The cycle would then be complete. :lol:

If re. that comment...SSN presenter to Mr Howey.