2013 Confederations Cup - Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

ponsaelius

All you have to do is beat Spain, KaKa.

:yao: If you want to know how to beat Spain at this comp, all you have to do is ask.

We'll definitely beat Spain. That's a guarantee.

I'm fine with the loss. It is exactly what the country needed and I hope it wakes up Keshi from his slumber. He needs to stop riding the momentum from the Nations Cup win. The guy is not God and his selections are horrendous. If you are going to banish all of the more experienced and pedigreed players, then simple injuries to Moses, Emenike, and Ideye (who are by NO MEANS Nigerias only options) leave you with rubbish like Babatunde and Akpala and a clearly tired Musa (who is also clearly a striker, not a winger) trying to grab an eqauliser against a top class side. Our attack was just clearly not good enough in either match.

Kaka, are you surprised that none of the six extra Nigeria-based made an appearance when we needed to change the game? As always, it was just the same two, one of whom has been off form for months. Imagine the players we could have taken, especially in the attacking positions, with those six empty spots.

On a positive note, Omeruo is an absolute baller with star potential. Ambrose is a very good right back. I am so proud of Mikel Obi too, he is the leader of this team and a maestro. It's too bad his lungs lack a bit because he can do everything we'd ask of a midfielder.

Also, Kaka you must be blind. Uwa is atrocious. He's not actually good going forward, but is always caught up the pitch. I've watched wingers from Namibia and Tahiti take him drink garri within the last week. Taiwo cannot defend well, but at least compensates with crosses and shots.

I thought Nigeria were good at times tonight, and would probably have won the game with Moses and Emenike available.

Which of the high profile players left out would you most like to see Baba?

Typical African performance in a big tourney. Great athleticism, some skill, but wasteful and naive tactically. Keshi is actually on a good track, but needs to find balance. We have three huge matches this year if we plan to play in Brazil and the tourney itself is a year away. Are 19-20 year olds barely getting minutes in Eastern Europe and Serie B going to be ready by then?

In terms of known players...just depth. I couldn't name our best 11 other than that it includes Enyeama, Ambrose, Omeruo, Mikel, Moses, and Emenike, the rest is up for grabs. We could use experience in defence, the likes of Yobo, Taiwo. All of our reserves there play at home or poor leagues in Europe. Players like Nosa and Haruna in midfield are just more quality than what we have. Upfront and wide it can be anyone, the Uche brothers, Osaze, Obinna, Eneramo, even Oba or Shola for God sake. Just not Babatunde or Akpala. We actually have probably 20 players upfront that are superior.