RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Guest Haris Vuckic

Shearer was a s*** manager btw, out of his depth and basically let Dowie do everything as he was afraid.

He should manage at the bottom but his ego is too big for it, therefore he'll never be a manager and certainly not one with any pedigree.

Based on what exactly?

A few of the players have said it at talk-ins - Nolan basically said Dowie did everything and Shearer just picked the team.

Shearer was afraid of holding training?

Shearer was a s*** manager btw, out of his depth and basically let Dowie do everything as he was afraid.

He should manage at the bottom but his ego is too big for it, therefore he'll never be a manager and certainly not one with any pedigree.

Based on what exactly?

A few of the players have said it at talk-ins - Nolan basically said Dowie did everything and Shearer just picked the team.

Shearer was afraid of holding training?

He was afraid of making decisions, because he was out of his depth.

Come to think of it, are we sure Duff never played left back for Kinnear?

Played as striker/forward V Liverpool at home

Played on the right V Blackburn away

Why you would play one of the best left wingers in the business in those positions seems odd to me even Sheareresq

Guest Haris Vuckic

No, just the first part of the bit you bolded "basically let Dowie do everything"

Keegan let McDermott do everything. Prove me wrong.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8788817/

Newcastle's Joe Kinnear dismisses Alan Shearer comments and says sorry to fans

Newcastle United director of football Joe Kinnear has hit back at Alan Shearer after the club's record goalscorer criticised his appointment.

Shearer recently said that Kinnear's arrival at St James' Park had undermined Newcastle manager Alan Pardew and that the process involved in the appointment had turned the club into a "laughing stock".

Kinnear responded angrily to the comments in an interview with the Sunday Times, questioning the former Newcastle and England striker's credentials as a coach.

He cited Shearer's failure to keep the Magpies in the top flight in the final eight league games of the 2008-09 season after he had succeeded Kinnear after the latter suffered a heart attack.

"What Shearer says is diabolical," said Kinnear. "This is a guy who hasn't got a clue about coaching.

"The last game of the (2008-09) season he came up with the master idea of playing Damien Duff at left-back. Damien is one of the best left-wingers in the business, but can't tackle. And we went down with an own goal from Damien.

"Shearer keeps slagging me off. He is being disrespectful to me. I am entitled to fight back."

Kinnear also used the interview to apologise for his comments about Newcastle fans made before his appointment had been confirmed by the club.

The 66-year-old gave two radio and television interviews in which he made a number of erroneous claims, mispronounced the names of several Newcastle players and claimed he had "more intelligence" than the United supporters.

"I regret what I said about the supporters," he said. "I can't get anybody to say that Joe has the utmost respect for the supporters and they are the most important people at the club.

"I always go to their forums and loved having the craic with them around the city when I was manager there.

"There are 10 per cent I'm never going to win over, that is the point I was trying to make, but I regret what I said and if I offended any Newcastle fans I apologise."

Hi Joe.  You're a c***.

Also what this f*** is this

"I can't get anybody to say that Joe has the utmost respect for the supporters and they are the most important people at the club."

Supposed to mean?

tollemache.. :lol:

No, just the first part of the bit you bolded "basically let Dowie do everything"

:lol:

What would that matter? Has a former player said that was the case?

You asked the question, I gave you the answer from a player's mouth. If you don't like it, you may as well not believe anything, because that's as good a source as you will get.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You asked the question, I gave you the answer from a player's mouth. If you don't like it, you may as well not believe anything, because that's as good a source as you will get.

I haven't heard anything from a players mouth regarding Shearer and every single talk grows into Chinese whispers.

I haven't heard anything from a players mouth regarding Shearer and every single talk grows into Chinese whispers.

Ah. Well if you haven't heard it, you best ignore all those that have :thup:

I've no real opinion on Shearer as a manager either way because he only had 8 games in charge. He was brought in as a desperate measure and it was ultimately unsuccessful.

I suppose this isn't cool enough though, so delete as applicable: he's a cunt/he's a legend

the whole point of shearer coming in wasn't his tactical nouse.

it was hoped it would give the players and the fans a huge lift, and inspire them just to give it one last go over 8 games. seemed a good idea at the time. think dowie was abad idea but shearer trusted him. unfortunately the likes of martins already had started making plans for next season away from st.james.

Aye, last throw of the dice from Ashley. Everyone knew it was a long shot. Kinnear came in long before with this huge background in management he boasts about yet his record was just as miserable.

It's fair to comment that despite the crisis tag looming over the club at the time, the players were serial w*****s and gutless beyond belief. Anyone would have struggled but for Kinnear to first say they were flying under him and then state that the relegation was basically down to Duff playing at LB is just stupid and an indication of the mans denial. 

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've no real opinion on Shearer as a manager either way because he only had 8 games in charge. He was brought in as a desperate measure and it was ultimately unsuccessful.

I suppose this isn't cool enough though, so delete as applicable:

he's a legend

Is the correct answer. (both parts) :thup:

Llambias on Shearer "“He’s very good at what he does and he’s a straight-talking guy – we like that."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/5387362/Alan-Shearer-the-perfect-appointment-for-Newcastle-says-Derek-Llambias.html

I only brought this article up due to TT post. I take anything Llambias says with a pinch of salt as he is a fucking wanker and I am glad he is gone. 

The only fair way you could judge shearer as a manager is if he had a full season (possibly longer) and a few transfer windows to make his own changes. Im sure if he wants it he will get his chance at championship level.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2346768/Joe-Kinnear-Sunday-Times-interview-He-attacks-Alan-Shearer-says-joke-reveals-Newcastle-role.html

But Kinnear carries proudly on, and even defended his previous claims that he had won three manager of the year awards, despite arguments to the contrary.

He cited the LMA manager of the season award (93-94), Sky Sports manager of the year award (1996) and a riband for manager of the year (97) - voted for by Daily Mirror readers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2346768/Joe-Kinnear-Sunday-Times-interview-He-attacks-Alan-Shearer-says-joke-reveals-Newcastle-role.html

But Kinnear carries proudly on, and even defended his previous claims that he had won three manager of the year awards, despite arguments to the contrary.

He cited the LMA manager of the season award (93-94), Sky Sports manager of the year award (1996) and a riband for manager of the year (97) - voted for by Daily Mirror readers.

Fucking tool :spit:

Guest neesy111

Absolutely sick to the back teeth of this whole charade like. Fucking cunts, JFK, Ashley, Llambias the lot of them. Despise them and cant stand the fact they run OUR club.

:thup:

Can't beat my 10 MOTY awards in FM.