How do the fans respond?

Dokko

It's pushed me over the edge. I was already f***ed off with the season/pardew etc but this is it for me. It just demonstrates utter contempt for the club. Thing is we will still get 45/50k on a match day so ashley wont give a f***

This is how I feel, end of the line, phoning up today to see what my options are in cancelling season ticket, put up with so much shit but can't bare this anymore, bairn on the way and prefer to spend my money and time on that than this shit

Guest icemanblue

So, what is it you people want to see? Crowds of 10-15k? Our team playing to an empty stadium? Honestly, sort yourselves out. There's still a football team at the bottom of this, a team that will need our support now more than ever.

So, what is it you people want to see? Crowds of 10-15k? Our team playing to an empty stadium? Honestly, sort yourselves out. There's still a football team at the bottom of this, a team that will need our support now more than ever.

Yes but have you not seen enough shit, I have had my season ticket for 23 year and what have I seen in last 10 for it - fuck all apart from the club being dragged through the mud, players with no heart, management that are cunts of the highest order (Except Hughton/Keegan), nothing that resembles football the majority of that time, no real progression as a club. One step forward, two back. Just generally had enough of this circus and want out. There will be a lot that feel the same, it ruins a good drinking session going to the match

Guest icemanblue

:lol: I want to see positive change at my football club. There may well be a team at the bottom of this but you won't see any change without direct action. An organised fan group that could mobilise support and campaign against the current regime would be a start.

Some people what to change things and if voting with your feet is the only way then that's that.

You giving up your season ticket, like?

You do what I have done, email tbe box office  asking to be out of the 10 year deal due to the utter stupidity of the clud and their ridiculous decision to appoint a self deluded dinosaur as director of football.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: I want to see positive change at my football club. There may well be a team at the bottom of this but you won't see any change without direct action. An organised fan group that could mobilise support and campaign against the current regime would be a start.

Some people what to change things and if voting with your feet is the only way then that's that.

Don't have one. Again I'm not telling people what they should and shouldnt do, but I personally wont be buying tickets. And its not an unfair assumption that the only way Ashley will change anything is if he sees a dip in attendances. Not sure why you taking it so badly. I'm not criticising anyone that goes to games merely illustrating the point of how change could come about.

My brother is a season ticket holder has been for over 20 years, and he will still go as he says "it's my club, not Ashleys". Thats fair enough. I've been going to nufc games since I was 5 years old. Whether I have a season ticket or not is irrelevant, I don't live local and go to as many games as money allows. If its point scoring exercise on your part, then you've wasted your time.,

I assumed that, seeing as how you found my post so humorous, you were of a different opinion.

Guest icemanblue

Don't have one. Again I'm not telling people what they should and shouldnt do, but I personally wont be buying tickets. And its not an unfair assumption that the only way Ashley will change anything is if he sees a dip in attendances. Not sure why you taking it so badly. I'm not criticising anyone that goes to games merely illustrating the point of how change could come about.

My brother is a season ticket holder has been for over 20 years, and he will still go as he says "it's my club, not Ashleys". Thats fair enough. I've been going to nufc games since I was 5 years old. Whether I have a season ticket or not is irrelevant, I don't live local and go to as many games as money allows. If its point scoring exercise on your part, then you've wasted your time.,

I assumed that, seeing as how you found my post so humorous, you were of a different opinion.

I found the hyperbole in it funny.

Hyperbole? In a question? I'm not the one saying that mass non-attendance of games is the only option. Unless I'm mistaken, vastly reduced crowds or even an empty stadium, would be a direct result of this kind of action.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm going to attempt to not care and not watch. I don't know how successful I'll be, but they're certainly not getting any of my money.

Guest icemanblue

I found the hyperbole in it funny.

Hyperbole? In a question? I'm not the one saying that mass non-attendance of games is the only option. Unless I'm mistaken, vastly reduced crowds or even an empty stadium, would be a direct result of this kind of action.

!0/15k crowds/empty stadium is that what people want to see? "honestly sort yourselves out" pretty hyperbolic in nature. People merely suggested the only way to make Ashley change his mind is stop giving him money and buying tickets.An empty stadium is a bit of a stretch. why do people need to "sort themselves out"? because they happen to want to change at the club and see non attendance as a way of achieving it and you dont? Are we telling people how to "support" their team here?

I've suggested a fan group with a strong plan and organisational structure who can communicate with the club/media and try to change things. its that or dont go to games.  Or the alternative is we continue to let Ashley drag the club through the mud lurching from one crisis to the next.

So, to be clear: stop going to games, stop giving him money, just make sure that not everyone does it. Because an empty stadium is a bit much.

I said that people need to sort themselves out because it'd ultimately be counter productive, and there will always be 11 players on the pitch who require our support. That's why I go to games, and pay money for a season ticket. It's pretty obvious, by, now, that those with power at the club could not care less about what we think. No amount of protest will change that. We need a new approach. What that is, I have no fucking idea.

It's pushed me over the edge. I was already f***ed off with the season/pardew etc but this is it for me. It just demonstrates utter contempt for the club. Thing is we will still get 45/50k on a match day so ashley wont give a f***

This is how I feel, end of the line, phoning up today to see what my options are in cancelling season ticket, put up with so much s*** but can't bare this anymore, bairn on the way and prefer to spend my money and time on that than this s***

Let me know how you get on please... Thinking of cancelling my ST... Reckon they must've have already had around £120 towards it... Next payment is on the 1st...

Stop giving money to them.  Simples.

This - 40,000 times over.

It WILL work - trouble is , too many fans are too weak-willed to do it....and DON'T give me any crap about 'loyalty'.....

Because the love football and following NUFC is a massive part of their lives. Fair play to people who decide to stay away but I can't expect that of anyone.

I bet they love their foreign holidays too, but you can bet your mortgage that they would scream blue murder and demand compo if they were given a duff room or left stranded at the airport for 3 days...

Both holidays and STs are a choice buy - and if fans are prepared to bend over and be screwed by the club and its malevolent owner, they deserve all they get ; many of us refused to do that when SJH was trying to oust the old board and in the end, it worked.

Love for the club was no excuse - nobody lies punishing their children but it has to be done......

Guest neesy111

I jus don't know how people can justify the money when they are so obviously being screwed by some of the scummiest cunts about.

Money is tight for me at the moment, so it makes the decision not to spend a penny with them far far easier.  Will miss going for drinks before and after games though.

Your brother is wrong in all ways - it IS Ashley's club. Even though your brother may admire it and like going to watch games, he has NO control over anything that happens there - Ashley does.

End of.

Guest Roger Kint

SC Braga home friendly on August 10th is the perfect game for no fker to turn up to, be superb if not a soul bought a ticket. But sadly as we know shit loads will still rock up.

Arent home pre season games generally shit crowds? Sure it was only about 15k for Rob Lee's testimonial never mind meaningless ones. You never know we could hit a new low this year.

SC Braga home friendly on August 10th is the perfect game for no fker to turn up to, be superb if not a soul bought a ticket. But sadly as we know shit loads will still rock up.

Arent home pre season games generally shit crowds? Sure it was only about 15k for Rob Lee's testimonial never mind meaningless ones. You never know we could hit a new low this year.

1k crowd instead of 16k crowd would send as message though

This is how I feel, end of the line, phoning up today to see what my options are in cancelling season ticket, put up with so much s*** but can't bare this anymore, bairn on the way and prefer to spend my money and time on that than this s***

Let me know how you get on please... Thinking of cancelling my ST... Reckon they must've have already had around £120 towards it... Next payment is on the 1st...

Just rang myself as still fuming... In a nutshell if you cancel you will not be refunded the 4 payments took so far (mine being 4x £43)... If you decided to restart payments then previous pavements will be taken into account and still taken from balance... But more interestingly I asked if the money could be left and used for a end of season part season ticket if one is brought out and they said yes...

So I'm thinking cancel now... Miss the first two thirds of season and then if they release a mini season ticket try and claw back some value out of the £172 back...

I jus don't know how people can justify the money when they are so obviously being screwed by some of the scummiest cunts about.

Money is tight for me at the moment, so it makes the decision not to spend a penny with them far far easier.  Will miss going for drinks before and after games though.

A few I know are considering away days only.