Sunderland

Nobody

Boro had a banner about the mackems today :lol:

BiOKlnsIYAAtYqp.jpg

There's a thread dedicated to it here on rtg.

The reaction surprised me though, I can't tell if they're serious about slagging off the attendance and saying people came dressed as red seats? Tad ironic.

Boro had a banner about the mackems today :lol:

BiOKlnsIYAAtYqp.jpg

There's a thread dedicated to it here on rtg.

The reaction surprised me though, I can't tell if they're serious about slagging off the attendance and saying people came dressed as red seats? Tad ironic.

"Have they ever won a proper cup".

So they'd have been "meh" had they won on Sunday then? :lol:

Boro desperate to kick up a fuss so we don't all forget about them.

Reminds me of the "trophy virgins" thing when they're clearly the most unsuccessful of the three in recent history. Bet it's fun in the championship tho

Reminds me of the "trophy virgins" thing when they're clearly the most unsuccessful of the three in recent history. Bet it's fun in the championship tho

Recent history? Boro don't have any beyond that.

Guest Roger Kint

If they don't get 6 point out of Cardiff and Palace at home they're fucked IMO

Could come down to this basically. They will pick up a point or two but these are must win games really.

Guest Roger Kint

Recent history? Boro don't have any beyond that.

Its 1 League Cup in 120 years or something isnt it?

Never enjoyed me trips to the Riverside. Vile atmosphere. Walking back to the car was always a tense affair.

S**t ground, too. S**t version of the mackems' place.

Which, in itself, is s**t.  :cheesy:

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah, even if Sunderland do go down they will be doing a lot more than what Boro do in the Championship. Boro have effectively became a team making up the numbers in that league.

You say that. If they went down Borini, Ji & Alonso are gone, Johnson & Fletcher will find a club. Wasnt there a canny chunk out of contract too i know Colback is one? Could be left with the dross all on huge wages and an owner who decides 'fuck it' by then. By no means a good thing

Guest Roger Kint

Never enjoyed me trips to the Riverside. Vile atmosphere. Walking back to the car was always a tense affair.

S**t ground, too. S**t version of the mackems' place.

Which, in itself, is s**t.  :cheesy:

That old walk through 500 metres of steel fencing and inbred tosspots wanting to fight? Wasnt the best like

Yeah, even if Sunderland do go down they will be doing a lot more than what Boro do in the Championship. Boro have effectively became a team making up the numbers in that league.

You say that. If they went down Borini, Ji & Alonso are gone, Johnson & Fletcher will find a club. Wasnt there a canny chunk out of contract too i know Colback is one? Could be left with the dross all on huge wages and an owner who decides 'fuck it' by then. By no means a good thing

Loads of players off after loan spells, loads of contracts ended, and a few will be picked off by other clubs. It would mostly be a summer of rebuilding and even though I'm not convinced they will come straight back up I think they will be able to gather a squad that will either be in and around the play off's. It may take a few years for Poyet to assemble the squad capable of coming back up but I'd certainly think that they will do considerably better than what Boro have done.

Guest Roger Kint

Loads of players off after loan spells, loads of contracts ended, and a few will be picked off by other clubs. It would mostly be a summer of rebuilding and even though I'm not convinced they will come straight back up I think they will be able to gather a squad that will either be in and around the play off's. It may take a few years for Poyet to assemble the squad capable of coming back up but I'd certainly think that they will do considerably better than what Boro have done.

Unless Antiscore finds his level they will need some good signings. Can see Brown, Oshit. Bardsley all staying. Gardner too(think Larsson is OOC) but theres precious little left of a team never mind squad. Theres going to be a few decent sides still there next year as well so wouldnt be sure of anything really

Guest Roger Kint

I hate to say it, but I don't think they're going down anyway.  :dave:

They've got 3 games in hand and there are 3 worse teams, I reckon.

Well i think tomorrow will shape it. A good win and i would say they are going to be ok. A bad befeat and they could disintergrate after last week. Problem is no fucker scores outside Johnson(run seems to be over) and Borini.

Well i think tomorrow will shape it. A good win and i would say they are going to be ok. A bad befeat and they could disintergrate after last week. Problem is no fucker scores outside Johnson(run seems to be over) and Borini.

Really? A win means they would have to re-arrange another league fixture and will be playing something like 14 games between now and the end of the season. A draw means they can't have a week to play 1 of their 3 games in hand plus another game, a defeat and their good form is over.

Guest Roger Kint

Really? A win means they would have to re-arrange another league fixture and will be playing something like 14 games between now and the end of the season. A draw means they can't have a week to play 1 of their 3 games in hand plus another game, a defeat and their good form is over.

I get the games/days thing but a win and momentum could see them through til the semis quite nicely. Whether its enough is anyones guess but getting humped isnt going to help at all

Well i think tomorrow will shape it. A good win and i would say they are going to be ok. A bad befeat and they could disintergrate after last week. Problem is no f***er scores outside Johnson(run seems to be over) and Borini.

I get the games/days thing but a win and momentum could see them through til the semis quite nicely. Whether its enough is anyones guess but getting humped isnt going to help at all

To be fair, it would help me massively.

Honestly not sure if any result tomorrow will help them in the league, their cup and league form seems to be entirely separate.  Also going further in the cup is only going to mean yet more postponed Premier League matches.  Hard to know what result would really be best for them.

Guest Roger Kint

Well i think tomorrow will shape it. A good win and i would say they are going to be ok. A bad befeat and they could disintergrate after last week. Problem is no f***er scores outside Johnson(run seems to be over) and Borini.

To be fair, it would help me massively.

Be struggling to find any on here it wouldnt really :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Honestly not sure if any result tomorrow will help them in the league, their cup and league form seems to be entirely separate.  Also going further in the cup is only going to mean yet more postponed Premier League matches.  Hard to know what result would really be best for them.

Only hope i can see is the momentum of winning, Poyet is already calling out his strikers and a bad result could finish a few of them.