Sunderland

Nobody

I'm confused as to what we want to happen for Norwich (32pts, -25 GD) vs West Brom (29pts, -12GD).

A WBA win would increase the gap from Sunderland but it's likely that Norwich won't get any more points and their GD is worse than Sunderland's. They'd be catchable. A draw is obviously not great either.

Norwich still have Fulham away after that plus Arsenal at home on the last day. Norwich are very hard to beat at home. They will get another win somewhere along the way, even if they don't against West Brom. If Cardiff beat Palace at home this weekend they could post a threat to them teams. Cardiff have Palace and Stoke at home to play, plus us and the mackems away which are all winnable. Its not very likely but I see them as more likely that the mackems now, they can score goals. Sunderland are well gone for me, the fact that their last 3 famous 'winnable' home games come at the end, fucks them up even more. Barring a miracle, their goal difference and confidence should have taken a battering.

Was O'Shea ever really that good tbh, even at Man U he was mainly a squad player and average at best.

Good when called upon, was dependable enough in big games I thought.

He was dependable at times, but i think he has been found out now, being a first team regular at a lesser club with worse players around him.

did a job for Fergie as basically the perfect squad player, have an injury problem in defense? Just put O'Shea there and he did a job or perfect for the bench too due to said versatility. But occasionally playing for Man Utd can make you seem better than you actually are.

Guest dazzanufc1892

Mackem on Total Sport: "Altidore is the worst striker we've ever had at sunderland.  I've been watching the team since I was 9 and I'm 55 now."

Damning words given he saw Tore Andre Flo wear their shirt.

funny that given he will be one of the few players they have at the world cup!!

i personally like altidore, could be a very useful striker if he wasn't in such a shocking team.

Their narrow escapes from relegation have been a blessing in disguise. Some of those sides would have been better-equipped to achieve promotion.

hadnt considered this, but I think this is quite true, thank you for making this even better.

The mackems trying to convince themselves that going down is for the good of the club so they can rebuild are extremely deluded. You can rebuild in the Premiership. Sell your high-earners like you would if you went down and you still retain the draw of a top level team to potential players.

I enjoyed our year in the Championship but it wasn't where I wanted the club to be. The benefits have been there in terms of we came back up with great team spirit, but that's all but gone now. What happened to us isn't going to be the case for most clubs. QPR have a strong Championship squad but they might not make the play-offs even.

Just hoping Altidore's shittiness at sunderland keeps him out of the world cup squad. He has always been a f***ing lazy worthless player.

Eddie Johnson probably deserves the pick ahead of him now. Not that he isn't a lazy, worthless player who can't make it in the Premier League, too.

A few of our American posters really rated Altidore when it came to the USA team. Not really seen him play at international level but he's been nothing but disappointing in the Premership.

Starting to think that these lot are kidding themselves if they think that going down will help them. Some of the players they seem to hate the most (Larsson, Gardner, Cuellar, Colback, Bardsley) are leaving at the end of the season whether they stay up or not.

Most of the players they seem to be talking about as being 'dead weight' are probably the ones that will have a bit of extra quality in the Championship to come back up (O'shea, Brown, Fletcher, Graham). I doubt Johnson or Giaccherini would stay if they were relegated either.

Their two best players are on loan, cut the 'dead weight' and they've got fucking nowt  :lol: Properly up shit creek if that happens, especially taking into account the latest financial figures.

The mackems trying to convince themselves that going down is for the good of the club so they can rebuild are extremely deluded. You can rebuild in the Premiership. Sell your high-earners like you would if you went down and you still retain the draw of a top level team to potential.

They have done that for the last few years. What they will be left with when they go down is not good enough to come back up, that's their delusion in thinking the likes of Bardsley is good enough. In my opinion they are not giving the Championship enough credit. A lot of clubs that have went down and should have came straight back up have failed to do so.

Im not convinced of thier prospects either way should they drop- but I simply can not believe so many of them seem to take it for granted its one season down and guaranteed easy promotion. FFs when it was us I feared a drop to 3rd tier- and think we were in better shape then than they are now.

It's all dewm and glewm.

Strangely enough it's actually cheered me up. So much so that I might punch a hoss on my way to the wongadome on Saturday.

I wonder if any of my fellow 55,000 screaming jawdees , or indeed any of the 20,000 on the waiting list are feeling similarly exhilarated by their demise ?

He'll be in the World Cup squad as long as he's not hurt, doesn't matter how bad he was this season. The only question is if it's him or Johannsson who starts.

Based on current form, it's gotta be Johannsson. I don't think Klinsmann will drop Altidore though, he respects the fact that Altidore "challenged" himself by moving to the PL.

It's amusing how they think they will hoover up every half-decent player in the Championship

Also get the sense that they believe their new raft of players are going to play for free and cost nothing. They're losing loads of players for nothing which is being spun as slashing their wage-bill, which it will obviously but they'll need replacing and this will cost money.

They've worked out that the parachute money will tide them over but have chosen to forget they'll need to spend to replace the loanees and out-of-contract players. Another 15 players out and another 15 coming in would be my guess.

It's amusing how they think they will hoover up every half-decent player in the Championship

Also get the sense that they believe their new raft of players are going to play for free and cost nothing. They're losing loads of players for nothing which is being spun as slashing their wage-bill, which it will obviously but they'll need replacing and this will cost money.

They've worked out that the parachute money will tide them over but have chosen to forget they'll need to spend to replace the loanees and out-of-contract players. Another 15 players out and another 15 coming in would be my guess.

15 out, probably about 4-5 free loans in couple of free transfers and actually pay for 3-4 probably covered by what they sell Johnson and Fletcher for.

Starting to think that these lot are kidding themselves if they think that going down will help them. Some of the players they seem to hate the most (Larsson, Gardner, Cuellar, Colback, Bardsley) are leaving at the end of the season whether they stay up or not.

Most of the players they seem to be talking about as being 'dead weight' are probably the ones that will have a bit of extra quality in the Championship to come back up (O'shea, Brown, Fletcher, Graham). I doubt Johnson or Giaccherini would stay if they were relegated either.

Their two best players are on loan, cut the 'dead weight' and they've got f***ing nowt  :lol: Properly up s*** creek if that happens, especially taking into account the latest financial figures.

We had assets that would do well at other clubs. (Bassong : Spurs, Owen : Man Utd [i know, I know], Beye : Villa, Martins : Wolfsburg...) and got a fair bit of money for these. Will Sunderland get rid of their main players and still keep a group good enough to go up?

Their two best players are on loan, cut the 'dead weight' and they've got f***ing nowt  :lol: Properly up s*** creek if that happens, especially taking into account the latest financial figures.

We had assets that would do well at other clubs. (Bassong : Spurs, Owen : Man Utd [i know, I know], Beye : Villa, Martins : Wolfsburg...) and got a fair bit of money for these. Will Sunderland get rid of their main players and still keep a group good enough to go up?

We got nowt for Owen.