The other games today - 2013/14

JH

FWIW I've been impressed with Altidore. Strong as an ox and does more with less than Cisse.

Careful now, marra.

:lol:

It's different man, I'm not saying I'd love for him to come all over us with 10 goals like you and Mike..

:lol: That's a hell of a reach from "Hope he does well. It's a World Cup year."

Us 16th now.

Nothing much has changed, let's hope Liverpool get something today.

I was looking at our run of fixtures coming up, got me a bit worried like.

We've already peaked, I don't think we'll climb above where we are now for the rest of the season (assuming the manager keeps his job).

You don't think we'll climb above 16th?

Hadaway. Another spectacularly dramatic statement.

I think we'll get a point if we're lucky from the next eighteen available so I don't see us climbing the table from here. We've already had the easiest run of games we'll see all season and made a complete f***ing mess of it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WTF?!?!

Its fucking amazing isn't it.  7 points from 5 games, but naturally we'll only get 1 point from the next 6 if we're lucky ???  Same kind of mind numbing shit as "can't see where our next win will come from" last season, shortly followed by a win and again by "can't see where our next win will come from" :lol:

Us 16th now.

We've already peaked, I don't think we'll climb above where we are now for the rest of the season (assuming the manager keeps his job).

I think we'll get a point if we're lucky from the next eighteen available so I don't see us climbing the table from here. We've already had the easiest run of games we'll see all season and made a complete f***ing mess of it.

WTF?!?!

Sorry to double quote, but this has really astounded me, this part of your post.

Really? Can't see three home bankers in a row anywhere else on the fixture calendar, feel free to point it out though.

It's not so much that as it is the fact that you think it has been "...a complete f***ing mess". We have probably got one point less than expected from these games, maybe 3 if you count those 3 "bankers" as games you expected us to win all of comfortably. Little bit extreme to be honest. Villa at home, plus the 4 games after sees us with a similar run of games to be fair, later in the season. Just think you're going a bit over the top with those sort of statements. Might as well resign to relegation now, ay?

Of course it's been a complete mess, that's kind of why we're 16th.

And you're bloody right I expect to win all of those games comfortably. Wouldn't say resigned to relegation but certainly resigned to being close.

Alright then, so did you "expect" a win at Villa?

Depends what you mean by 'expect' really. I expect Newcastle United to be in a position to win most away games against teams of that level. I didn't think we'd beat Villa on the day though, no.

I think it's fair to say we maybe expected a draw at Villa.  So we got 2 additional points from that. We - according to you have dropped 5 points at home, meaning in total we're 3 points behind where we should be. That's one game, and that one game is pretty much the Hull one. Hardly a catastrophic situation yet is it?

I never said "catastrophic" did I? I think we'll be in a similar position to last year, a struggle to stay up, which is basically what I said in the first place.

Us 16th now.

WTF?!?!

Its fucking amazing isn't it.  7 points from 5 games, but naturally we'll only get 1 point from the next 6 if we're lucky ???  Same kind of mind numbing shit as "can't see where our next win will come from" last season, shortly followed by a win and again by "can't see where our next win will come from" :lol:

We're playing different teams mate. Glad we've cleared this misunderstanding up. :thup:

Us 16th now.

WTF?!?!

Its f***ing amazing isn't it.  7 points from 5 games, but naturally we'll only get 1 point from the next 6 if we're lucky ???  Same kind of mind numbing s*** as "can't see where our next win will come from" last season, shortly followed by a win and again by "can't see where our next win will come from" :lol:

When we have Cardiff and S*nderland in those next 6 games I think it's more than a bit extreme. I appreciate they're away from home like but fuck me, I'd expect at least a draw at both those places.

FWIW I've been impressed with Altidore. Strong as an ox and does more with less than Cisse.

Careful now, marra.

It's different man, I'm not saying I'd love for him to come all over us with 10 goals like you and Mike..

Us 16th now.

WTF?!?!

Its f***ing amazing isn't it.  7 points from 5 games, but naturally we'll only get 1 point from the next 6 if we're lucky ???  Same kind of mind numbing s*** as "can't see where our next win will come from" last season, shortly followed by a win and again by "can't see where our next win will come from" :lol:

When we have Cardiff and S*nderland in those next 6 games I think it's more than a bit extreme. I appreciate they're away from home like but fuck me, I'd expect at least a draw at both those places.

Two then, as opposed to one? Extreme indeed. :lol:

Us 16th now.

WTF?!?!

Sorry to double quote, but this has really astounded me, this part of your post.

Really? Can't see three home bankers in a row anywhere else on the fixture calendar, feel free to point it out though.

It's not so much that as it is the fact that you think it has been "...a complete f***ing mess". We have probably got one point less than expected from these games, maybe 3 if you count those 3 "bankers" as games you expected us to win all of comfortably. Little bit extreme to be honest. Villa at home, plus the 4 games after sees us with a similar run of games to be fair, later in the season. Just think you're going a bit over the top with those sort of statements. Might as well resign to relegation now, ay?

And you're bloody right I expect to win all of those games comfortably. Wouldn't say resigned to relegation but certainly resigned to being close.

Depends what you mean by 'expect' really. I expect Newcastle United to be in a position to win most away games against teams of that level. I didn't think we'd beat Villa on the day though, no.

I think it's fair to say we maybe expected a draw at Villa.  So we got 2 additional points from that. We - according to you have dropped 5 points at home, meaning in total we're 3 points behind where we should be. That's one game, and that one game is pretty much the Hull one. Hardly a catastrophic situation yet is it?

I never said "catastrophic" did I? I think we'll be in a similar position to last year, a struggle to stay up, which is basically what I said in the first place.

Your posts suggest that we are in some sort of catastrophe that's all.

Us 16th now.

WTF?!?!

Think you actually said we wouldn't rise above 16th for the rest of the season. Mind-boggling.

Us 16th now.

WTF?!?!

When we have Cardiff and S*nderland in those next 6 games I think it's more than a bit extreme. I appreciate they're away from home like but f*** me, I'd expect at least a draw at both those places.

Two then, as opposed to one? Extreme indeed. :lol:

At least two as opposed to "lucky to get one" mate. I actually see us beating at least one of those. That doesn't include the other 4 games you mentioned.

Careful now, marra.

I thought it was spot on.

Us 16th now.

WTF?!?!

We lost, at home, to Hull, drew, at home, to a poor West Ham team and snuck a win against a very bad Fulham team. The only convincing result we've had was winning on the road at Villa.

So it's perfectly understandable to think we might be in the exact same position after a run of fixtures in which we play on the road 4 times and face far better clubs than we have to this point.