The other games today - 2013/14

JH

I like Ancelloti sometimes, he's likeable but ultimately i don't think he's that good except at keeping players happy. His teams seem to lack a certain identity. Mourinho's Real Madrid were right b******s which was kinda appealling in a way but at their best they were frighteningly good counter-attackers. This Madrid team seem back to old problem of very expensive players milling around a pitch at random.

I've always just considered him an above-average manager, partly for the reason you've stated. Also had fantastic squads at his disposition pretty much throughout his managerial career. Probably one for the unpopular opinion thread...

An above average manager who's won the champions league twice and did at Chelsea in his first season what Mourinho never could.

Plus, very, very few of Ancelotti's players have ever had a bad word to say about him. The above is absolute nonsense, basically.

He's still a negative manager and I've had that discussion with you (I think it was) who didn't agree. But I do agree with you, he's not a bad manager.

I like Ancelloti sometimes, he's likeable but ultimately i don't think he's that good except at keeping players happy. His teams seem to lack a certain identity. Mourinho's Real Madrid were right b******s which was kinda appealling in a way but at their best they were frighteningly good counter-attackers. This Madrid team seem back to old problem of very expensive players milling around a pitch at random.

I've always just considered him an above-average manager, partly for the reason you've stated. Also had fantastic squads at his disposition pretty much throughout his managerial career. Probably one for the unpopular opinion thread...

An above average manager who's won the champions league twice and did at Chelsea in his first season what Mourinho never could.

Plus, very, very few of Ancelotti's players have ever had a bad word to say about him. The above is absolute nonsense, basically.

What's his book like? (Assuming you've read it)

It's one of the best football books I've read, mate. Takes the piss out of himself (usually his monstrous appetite for food) on every other page. Lots of great insights with regard to players and tactis, and vividly describes staring at his naked arse in a mirror. Highly recommended.

Bale just fits right into Real's ridiculous transfer policy.  Buy a top player and then try to fit him in instead of identifying a position they need to fill.

Arsenal's gotta be laughing their socks off. Real sent them a better player and weakened their traditional rival.

What's his book like? (Assuming you've read it)

It's one of the best football books I've read, mate. Takes the piss out of himself (usually his monstrous appetite for food) on every other page. Lots of great insights with regard to players and tactis, and vividly describes staring at his naked arse in a mirror. Highly recommended.

Tar. I shall add it to my to read list. :thup:

He's still a negative manager and I've had that discussion with you (I think it was) who didn't agree. But I do agree with you, he's not a bad manager.

He certainly wasn't negative in England with a waning Chelsea side. I can't see the goals record his team set being equalled for a long time.

He certainly wasn't negative in England with a waning Chelsea side. I can't see the goals record his team set being equalled for a long time.

Fair enough, like I said before it's the odd one out for those he's managed.

Ancelotti's teams have always been offensive :lol: perhaps too offensive for their own good at times.

Which explains sometimes why his teams excel in CL and less so in league format.... he made some changes for today and it clearly hasn't worked.

But in the main you could probably argue his teams too far imbalanced towards Attack and it showed over the years at Milan in their league campaigns and has already shown so far this season.

The main weakness with his teams are he like a lot of pace, shooting ability and counter attack threat but not much in the way of creative vision.

Even Kaka wasn't someone who is going open you up consistently with a pass although he could do it now and again.

That's a load of crap and you know. You first call his teams offensive and then you said he loved pace and counter attack. His teams in Italy and for PSG were always more tactical than creative.

That's a load of crap and you know. You first call his teams offensive and then you said he loved pace and counter attack. His teams in Italy and for PSG were always more tactical than creative.

Counter attack =/= defensive.

Would you call Arsenal's invincibles defensive? because they played on the counter as well.

Counter attack =/= defensive.

Would you call Arsenal's invincibles defensive? because they played on the counter as well.

:lol:

I give up, back to football manager you go. I'm not even going to compare that Arsenal side to Ancelottis Milan or PSG, it's just ridiculous.

Guest VanBarduck

There's not a single player in this Real Madrid team who can produce the "killer" pass, Ozil, Kàka or Alonso could, but they're gone, Isco is a good "Toque" player, but he's passing ability is poor compared to Real Madrid's former number10.