The other games today - 2013/14

JH

where is mikel for chelsea?  has mourinho become the first manager to realise how utterly s*** he is?

or is he injured?

He started at midweek and has played consistently throughout the season, even scoring a goal. I also doubt Mourinho doesn't rate him, given he was the one that gave him his first appearances in England.

remember JM was the manager when he signed like aye

pointless player, totally and utterly pointless - i struggle to think of a more pointless player at a top club tbh

A completely pointless player that has played consistently at a top club for 7 seasons under 38 different managers, started for a winning side in Champions League final and is easily the best player for his country. 99.9 percent of footballers are pointless now I suppose.

The Premiership games today are very boring.

aye that's him, he's f***ing pointless

:lol: Our positions differ too much for any decent argument. I think he is a top player.

Whenever I've seen Chelsea this season, every attack ends with Ivanovic having ten minutes to cross the ball and hitting the first defender every time. All their goals are from counters or opposition mistakes.

ok, i'm willing to concede that my memory is not great but tell you what - he's played for one of the top clubs in europe for years and years now as you've said...can you name me 5 memorable performances he's put in (less than 1 per year easy), and by memorable i mean games where you could reasonably look at it and say "if it wasn't for mikel we might have lost that game", or "mikel won us that game"

i'd be amazed if you came up with one

and nigeria doesn't count

But like how many players that play in that position can you say are noticeably brilliant in games?

depends who you're comparing him to but let's say the likes of makelele or busquets?  is that out of order? i don't think so...players you'd class as purely defensive instead of box to box

i've seen both play less than i've seen mikel and both have stood out more than him

he's scored 3 goals in chelsea's team since 2006...i can't find assist stats but i would suspect they'll be fuck all either

i retract the statement he's shit, but standby the pointless one - he does nothing in great teams that have dominated over the last few years

They're also two of the best (defensive) midfielders of the past 20 years. :lol:

Like saying Remy is dogshit because Messi is a better forward.

where is mikel for chelsea?  has mourinho become the first manager to realise how utterly s*** he is?

or is he injured?

He started at midweek and has played consistently throughout the season, even scoring a goal. I also doubt Mourinho doesn't rate him, given he was the one that gave him his first appearances in England.

pointless player, totally and utterly pointless - i struggle to think of a more pointless player at a top club tbh

A completely pointless player that has played consistently at a top club for 7 seasons under 38 different managers, started for a winning side in Champions League final and is easily the best player for his country. 99.9 percent of footballers are pointless now I suppose.

:lol: Our positions differ too much for any decent argument. I think he is a top player.

Whenever I've seen Chelsea this season, every attack ends with Ivanovic having ten minutes to cross the ball and hitting the first defender every time. All their goals are from counters or opposition mistakes.

ok, i'm willing to concede that my memory is not great but tell you what - he's played for one of the top clubs in europe for years and years now as you've said...can you name me 5 memorable performances he's put in (less than 1 per year easy), and by memorable i mean games where you could reasonably look at it and say "if it wasn't for mikel we might have lost that game", or "mikel won us that game"

But like how many players that play in that position can you say are noticeably brilliant in games?

depends who you're comparing him to but let's say the likes of makelele or busquets?  is that out of order? i don't think so...players you'd class as purely defensive instead of box to box

i've seen both play less than i've seen mikel and both have stood out more than him

he's scored 3 goals in chelsea's team since 2006...i can't find assist stats but i would suspect they'll be fuck all either

i retract the statement he's shit, but standby the pointless one - he does nothing in great teams that have dominated over the last few years

They're also two of the best (defensive) midfielders of the past 20 years. :lol:

but mikel is a "top player" duece...ok give me a level below those 2, name names, and i'm sure we can all easily think of games they've influenced more than mikel ever has

bear in mind you have to be talking about players at clubs in the top echelon of european football in the last 7 or so years otherwise it's an unfair comparison

but mikel is a "top player" duece...ok give me a level below those 2, name names, and i'm sure we can all easily think of games they've influenced more than mikel ever has

bear in mind you have to be talking about players at clubs in the top echelon of european football in the last 7 or so years otherwise it's an unfair comparison

I have to agree with what Mike said. Mikel has started on 3 FA Cup- and 1 Champions League-winning Chelsea squads, and played a key role in squads that won a league title, the Europa, and another FA Cup. He's clearly done well enough to register 35+ appearances for Chelsea each year since 06/07.

Guest Roger Kint

Southampton Concede. :yikes:

Man, fuck off Hull. You're going to lose anyway, at least have the decency not to steal my clean sheets.

So much this!

I have to agree with what Mike said. Mikel has started on 3 FA Cup- and 1 Champions League-winning Chelsea squads, and played a key role in squads that won a league title, the Europa, and another FA Cup. He's clearly done well enough to register 35+ appearances for Chelsea each year since 06/07.

i said he's fucking pointless

it's obvious that he's just been coasting along in a team packed with quality players worth milliions, never being shite, never being great, never needing replacing because everyone around him has done the business while he lumbered around

i'm still waiting for one, ONE quality performance that anyone remembers from the lad :lol:

or is he injured?

he's scored 3 goals in chelsea's team since 2006...i can't find assist stats but i would suspect they'll be f*** all either

i retract the statement he's s***, but standby the pointless one - he does nothing in great teams that have dominated over the last few years

I don't really know what you are trying to say, if I am honest. Makalele, Mikelele, and Busquets all do the task and do the same tasks. All three are capable of contributing more offensively but sit back because they have been instructed to do so. They sit back, win the ball back, recycle the ball, and cut off passing angles. It is not meant to to be a "stand out" role if you do it well. You only notice Tiote because he is flying into unnecessary tackles, doing skills in the eighteen yard box, and compiling bookings.