The other games today - 2013/14

JH

For whoever cares, Bayern won the the Club World Cup with 2-0 in the final. Ribery chosen best player and Lahm has been up there 3 times already to pick up different prizes (Fair Play, 2nd best and something else) :lol: and he's going up again for the title now, laughing all the way.

it's criminal that the 'best player in the world' talk is centered entirely around goal scorers. Lahm should absolutely be considered as on the level with Ronaldo and Messi. Look at what he's won, and imo has more chance of adding to that with a world cup than messi or ronaldo.

it's criminal that the 'best player in the world' talk is centered entirely around goal scorers. Lahm should absolutely be considered as on the level with Ronaldo and Messi. Look at what he's won, and imo has more chance of adding to that with a world cup than messi or ronaldo.

I love Lahm, but he has only been the best fullback in the World for the past 18 months, before him there was Dani Alves in huge form under Barcelona. And it's not centered entirely around goal scorers since Ribery is in within a chance of winning it.

well fair he's got better in 18 months but now he's that good. Ribery seems strange to single out. The Bayern Munich team deserves plaudits (I still think their demolition of Barcalona last season is one of the most astonishing matchs i've ever seen, one of the most brutal dismantling of a 'great' team there's been) and imo Lahm is more vital to it than Ribery.

Having said that someone who watchs them week in week out feel free to correct me, Ribery is fantastic but i've seen him be meh a lot more than when i've watched Lahm.

well fair he's got better in 18 months but now he's that good. Ribery seems strange to single out. The Bayern Munich team deserves plaudits (I still think their demolition of Barcalona last season is one of the most astonishing matchs i've ever seen, one of the most brutal dismantling of a 'great' team there's been) and imo Lahm is more vital to it than Ribery.

Having said that someone who watchs them week in week out feel free to correct me, Ribery is fantastic but i've seen him be meh a lot more than when i've watched Lahm.

Lahm is solid and extremely consistent. Ribery is the same + he can add spectacular performances quite often. Ribery is an unbelievable player and extremely underrated for those that don't watch Bayern. He's their best player since he's their most creative and dangerous outlet as well as one if not the most hard working player on the team. I think if a Bayern player is to win it, then Ribery is the right one, but I think CRonaldo has done enough to win it this time tbf. I would still give it to Messi because he's the best footballer in the world.