The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Won on the Hoffenheim bet then reinvested some of the proceeds on a Soton clean sheet :thup:

Need to bet properly in future, or not at all. Otherwise I'm just throwing away small sums slowly on speculative longshots. A lesson I learnt some time ago, but have ignored of late for no good reason.

Neil I hope you dont mind but I have reinvested your 50p tipsters fee on a Bears/Broncos double in the NFL tonight to win £1.03, you can either cash out or carry on this week

Bears won Neil ...................Broncos to come

Another one I've been banging on about is Man Utd in their CL group. Lay, lay, lay.

Leverkusen were 6/1 a couple of weeks ago to win at Old Trafford, now best price 9/2.

Not saying Man Utd are going to have a disaster but odds on to win the group is appalling. It's a stronger group than they've faced for years. Given the relative chances of Man Utd, Shakhtar and Leverkusen winning the group (I think Sociedad will put up some impressive showings but fall slightly short), you'd be mad to take Man Utd at odds on. I think Moyes' total lack of experience at this level definitely counts for something here. Man Utd this year are no longer the automatic group qualifiers you'd expect.

Can get 12/1 on Shakhtar and Leverkusen qualifying fwiw, definitely worth a little bet.

Also Juve 20/1 to win it all. Obscene value. Dortmund 22/1. :lol: What are the bookies smoking?

-------------------

Also worth pointing out the bookies have already realised they've made a mistake with the Bale market or, rather, more people have cottoned to it after the weekend. Bet365 now setting over 17.5 @ 10/11. Best you can get now is 8/13 for over 14.5. Didn't even expect him to score at the weekend - not fully fit, first game in a new system and new team, very difficult game. Bonus goal.

Sent an email to Skybet asking for odds for QPR to break the points record in a season.

Skybet have given me 66/1 for this. All over it. 91 points from 40 games is possible you'd think?

Sent an email to Skybet asking for odds for QPR to break the points record in a season.

Skybet have given me 66/1 for this. All over it. 91 points from 40 games is possible you'd think?

That's a brilliant price. Might email other places and see what they give me.