The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Put some on Brazil/Messi.

So many markets though tbh. Feel so underprepared! :lol:

Ended up putting some money on Brazil, Spain, Chile -1 in the first couple days.

Will do more research if I get time.

Still can't decide who to go for on the Paddy Power goalscorer thing. Got my £20 loaded and ready to go but keep changing my mind. I'm going to end up spending a fortune on loads of different players at this rate.

Bear in mind he's unlikely to play more than 60 mins or so but 5/1 anytime for Barkley seems generous. Reckon he'll be really eager to impress and is, on paper, playing in the ideal position to get into excellent positions.

Ox is 11/2 anytime which also represents good value IMO. Again, will probably only play max 60 mins but still.

Bosnia is a dark horse really. Everyone is talking about Belgium - yes they have some really really good players but, Bosnia can do very well in this tournament.

Think them to reach the quarters at 14/5 is a decent bet. They would play the winners of Group E in all likelihood, and even if that turns out to be France, I give them a good chance.

Dzeko at 66/1 each way for top scorer is my main bet I reckon.

It's obviously unlikely (what 66/1 bet is likely?) but if he's going to be on the pitch plenty it's a smashing bet. Because if he's starting, I'd argue the odds should be more like 20/1, 25/1. Obviously stiff competition up top for the Argies. Could easily see him getting 4 or 5, and as cliched as it sounds, it's true that it can simply take one thrashing in the group game to give him a massive chance.

Aye, I'm counting on him filling his boots v Iran & Nigeria, maybe nick a consolation v Argentina and who knows in the Second Round. 5 is a realistic figure for him though.

Why have I been talking about Dzeko as though he's Argentinian? :lol: I know he's Bosnian. Yet apparently refused to be aware of this. Fuck's sake Neil.

Bosnia is a dark horse really. Everyone is talking about Belgium - yes they have some really really good players but, Bosnia can do very well in this tournament.

Think them to reach the quarters at 14/5 is a decent bet. They would play the winners of Group E in all likelihood, and even if that turns out to be France, I give them a good chance.

It's obviously unlikely (what 66/1 bet is likely?) but if he's going to be on the pitch plenty it's a smashing bet. Because if he's starting, I'd argue the odds should be more like 20/1, 25/1. Obviously stiff competition up top for the Argies. Could easily see him getting 4 or 5, and as cliched as it sounds, it's true that it can simply take one thrashing in the group game to give him a massive chance.

Aye, I'm counting on him filling his boots v Iran & Nigeria, maybe nick a consolation v Argentina and who knows in the Second Round. 5 is a realistic figure for him though.

Why have I been talking about Dzeko as though he's Argentinian? :lol: I know he's Bosnian. Yet apparently refused to be aware of this. Fuck's sake Neil.

:lol: I was wondering what you were at. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and by competition up front for the Argies, you meant that no striker was guaranteed to start for them so that their goals may be scattered, giving Dzeko a better chance of top scoring. :lol:

I gave you way too much credit.

Guest Roger Kint

Considering £10 on Spain/Neymar double at 85/1 then do both the PP offer & 888 offer on Brazil and another player.

Won a nice little sum on England draw(btts), Ivory Coast, Argies, Iceland, Chile, Uruguay last night so thats my WC betting fund sorted.

Just seen this conversation has recently been had :lol:

Still think it would be worthwhile to get the offers grouped together somewhere for people to choose from, if nothing else.

Why have I been talking about Dzeko as though he's Argentinian? :lol: I know he's Bosnian. Yet apparently refused to be aware of this. f***'s sake Neil.

:lol: :lol: