Stewart Downing

NUFC_Sam

Guest bimpy474

We haven't used 4-3-3 once in pre season, for some reason Pardew refuses to use it and i dont think he will now(sadly), baffling really when it produced the best football under him.

Guest bimpy474

I do think Jonas will be in against City, not doubting that but i'd be surprised if he was in against West Ham at home.

Wish i could agree but that's the same thing we've all been saying for the last year. Now if we change formation or buy a LW, another matter but i don't think we'll do either.

Has Jonas been declared fit for City?

Actually just remembered a strange thing my brother told me regarding that. He asked after the game if he was alright and Jonas' sister said he had been complaining of a niggling injury prior to the game and didn't actaully expect to be starting but he should be fine for City.

Do people honestly not believe Jonas will be in the starting XI next season if we fail to bring in a left winger? I don't mean that in a shit condescending way, it's a genuine question.

I hope sooner rather than later he will be on the bench but as of now it seems clear to me he is still Pardew's main man for the left given he's started in both of the so called "strongest side" friendlies. Plus Pardew saying stuff like he's "back to his best"

Has Jonas been declared fit for City?

Actually just remembered a strange thing my brother told me regarding that. He asked after the game if he was alright and Jonas' sister said he had been complaining of a niggling injury prior to the game and didn't actaully expect to be starting but he should be fine for City.

When you say Jonas' sister for some reason I picture the Mcpoyle sister from It's always sunny in Philidelphia :)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz1ld8jVk31qgnab2o1_500.jpg

Too English. Not cool enough.

They are all massively average bar maybe Carroll

Separately, yes. Together they'll do a good job.

To 12th or 13th yeah....

They were a few points off 8th last year with some bad injuries.

They'll basically be nowhere near relegation which is something I'm envious of.

They were 5 points ahead of us and I'm fairly comfortable assuming our injuries were worse.

Who do you think will finish higher this year?

Us.

As Mole has said, there is a lot of romanticism of these players. I wouldn't be remotely excited of us signing Nolan, Carroll or Barton and even less excited about Allardyce managing us.

Less romanticism than our current squad of players imo. Pardew is copping the blame for some of the worst individual performances I've ever seen in our shirt.

Yet this group of awful players have got us to a league position Barton, Nolan or Carroll have never achieved and probably won't.

To 12th or 13th yeah....

They were 5 points ahead of us and I'm fairly comfortable assuming our injuries were worse.

Us.

As Mole has said, there is a lot of romanticism of these players. I wouldn't be remotely excited of us signing Nolan, Carroll or Barton and even less excited about Allardyce managing us.

Less romanticism than our current squad of players imo. Pardew is copping the blame for some of the worst individual performances I've ever seen in our shirt.

Yet this group of awful players have got us to a league position Barton, Nolan or Carroll have never achieved and probably won't.

http://i.imgur.com/gWOfiXl.png

Hardly compares to what we have now. Even worse when you consider we want a few of the remaining players nowhere near the team.

To 12th or 13th yeah....

Us.

Hardly compares to what we have now. Even worse when you consider we want a few of the remaining players nowhere near the team.

So what is it you want, for us to go back and sign Nolan?

To 12th or 13th yeah....

Us.

So what is it you want, for us to go back and sign Nolan?

All I've said is I think a few West Ham players will do a good job :lol:

I based that on the fact that they're buying players to make a team instead of just buying ( :yao: ) French players who become available.

To 12th or 13th yeah....

Us.

9 of those 11 players are still here so you sort of could say it does compare to what we have now? :dontknow:

I would also go out on a limb and say MYM/Saylor will be better than Williamson, Ba is a loss but Remy looked class last season and there is a better chance of him and Cisse forming a partnership.

9 of those 11 players are still here so you sort of could say it does compare to what we have now? :dontknow:

I would also go out on a limb and say MYM/Saylor will be better than Williamson, Ba is a loss but Remy looked class last season and there is a better chance of him and Cisse forming a partnership.

It won't be enough to get us 5th. Based on last year there's too many players flattering to deceive whereas in the 5th season everyone played their part. 

It won't be enough to get us 5th. Based on last year there's too many players flattering to deceive whereas in the 5th season everyone played their part. 

The top 5 is pretty much a closed shop now but that doesn't mean our players who 'flatter to deceive' haven't already shown they have a higher ceiling than players like Nolan and Barton who will never manage it and given both are 31 this year they aren't likely to improve.

Guest Phil K

Seems that Ravel Morrison has been doing well for them in pre-season.

Wasn't he in court for something again recently ?

I would rather buy players to emulate the Spurs and Arsenals rather than Fat Sam's Hammers tbh.

They also buy players to fit into a team. Seems to work too.

Yes, that's what we should do as well. Not buy Nolan and buy the type of players they would and employ a quality manager to get the best out of those players.

All I've said is I think a few West Ham players will do a good job :lol:

I based that on the fact that they're buying players to make a team instead of just buying ( :yao: ) French players who become available.

I agree. On paper, they've fit the pieces together really well. Carroll-Nolan works, Diame is a decent CM, and despite their shortcomings, both Jarvis and Downing can deliver crosses with consistency, which Carroll thrives on.

They *should* finish top 12 again, probably a bit higher. Tough to play at home and it won't be hard for them to improve on their road record.

The top 5 is pretty much a closed shop now but that doesn't mean our players who 'flatter to deceive' haven't already shown they have a higher ceiling than players like Nolan and Barton who will never manage it and given both are 31 this year they aren't likely to improve.

The new players did well for a few weeks then became spineless bottlers who clearly couldn't give a shit. I have nothing else to go on to suggest they'll be any different this year if things aren't going well  :undecided:

The new players did well for a few weeks then became spineless bottlers who clearly couldn't give a shit. I have nothing else to go on to suggest they'll be any different this year if things aren't going well  :undecided:

Or maybe they did well initially playing the football the way had previously been coached, and then struggled once they tried to fit into Pardew's static, defensive lines and weird square pegs in round holes formations?

Or maybe they did well initially playing the football the way had previously been coached, and then struggled once they tried to fit into Pardew's static, defensive lines and weird square pegs in round holes formations?

That only explains so much. I can't blame lack of effort and lack of basic footballing skills on tactics.

That only explains so much. I can't blame lack of effort and lack of basic footballing skills on tactics.

Fair enough. You think the French lads are bottlers and would rather revert to Nolans and Bartons and follow the Fat Sam model. I'm sure there are many who will agree with you, but I would like us to play top 6 football and I don't believe they are top 6 footballers, neither is Pardew a top 6 manager. So while we are both agreed things aren't good enough, the difference is I don't want to settle for Fat Sam football.