NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So apparently Chelsea's interest in Austin is legit.

Looking to bring in Falcao and Austin to replace Remy and Drogba.

Pretty irritating huh? You betcha.

Why the long face KaKa? Cheer up mate, it's just baseless rumours and it's not like we have been here before Big Mike has promised spending above our weight and a push for trophies and/or CL qualification. If When we will be sitting here empty handed in September you can kick up a fuss, not now. Keep the faith.

I'm calm. Looks like we will be getting in super stud Bas Dost instead!  :)

It will be fun watching you implode when Bas Dost will be strutting around the St. James' Park pitch being nowhere near good enough :p

Ah, come on! You should be rooting for your country man!

I do love Dutch players generally, so maybe I am blinded by this.  :undecided:

Nah ... he'll definitely be awesome  :aww:

If we miss out on Austin, I'm taking it much more personally than previous setbacks.

It'd confirm just how tarnished we are under Ashley - a former player of Hungerford, Poole and Swindon turns his nose up at being Newcastle #9? In favour of the bench at clubs who dont even need him? Nah, this will hurt.

Would hardly be the clubs fault though, right?  :lol:

It's mostly the club's fault. He'd have chosen us in the Shepherd era, but the club's reputation has disintegrated under Ashley. There's a generation of players coming through who have no idea how big we are, were and can be.

If we miss out on Austin, I'm taking it much more personally than previous setbacks.

It'd confirm just how tarnished we are under Ashley - a former player of Hungerford, Poole and Swindon turns his nose up at being Newcastle #9? In favour of the bench at clubs who dont even need him? Nah, this will hurt.

Would hardly be the clubs fault though, right?  :lol:

It's mostly the club's fault. He'd have chosen us in the Shepherd era, but the club's reputation has disintegrated under Ashley. There's a generation of players coming through who have no idea how big we are, were and can be.

Think there's a generation of players obsessed with being at Chelsea or Man City even if they never play. Bunch of punks.

Goodness! That's a bit much isn't it!  :lol:

Duration of his contract?! Heartless guy man  :lol:

:lol: :lol:  with this photo as well

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4956600.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/PAY-Crystal-Palace-v-Tottenham.jpg

Nah, no chance man. I wouldn't be able to do it. I'd be so miserable. Can't stomach Pardew  :lol:

I assume your positivity with regards to Dost is based on a belief that the rumour is rubbish then, or do you believe those who have actually seen him plenty of times and don't think he is good enough to all be completely wrong?

I'd like to think that Carr or whoever does the scouting out there knows how to do their job. Hopefully they aren't just sitting at home watching Youtube videos.

Nothing wrong with signing players on loan, provided we get a potential agreement towards a long term deal.

Anyone who thinks we are only going to sign players on big fees want their heads checked. That's if we sign anyone on a big fee.

Reserve judgement until September. If they haven't delivered, tear the place up.

The season starts in August and pre-season starts in July so I certainly don't think we should reserve judgment until September, no excuses to get the signings in early

Nothing wrong with signing players on loan, provided we get a potential agreement towards a long term deal.

Anyone who thinks we are only going to sign players on big fees want their heads checked. That's if we sign anyone on a big fee.

Reserve judgement until September. If they haven't delivered, tear the place up.

The season starts in August and pre-season starts in July so I certainly don't think we should reserve judgment until September, no excuses to get the signings in early

No club will do all of their transfers before the start of the season. By September, we will know to what extent we have been lied to.

No club will do all of their transfers before the start of the season. By September, we will know to what extent we have been lied to.

Players not still on international duty will be on holiday and will sort out their futures when they get back.

For a club trying to show the supporters that they have changed and everything is all rosey and happy... It's a pretty piss poor effort to have not even installed a backroom team yet.

We've been researching signings for months, have we not? Therefore it should be a case of making the deals happen early and getting everyone in for pre-season.

We are ridiculously bad on transfer deadline day and rarely ever make signings on it (we do sell though, if the ££ are right) so I have no hope for any late deals.

Bit worrying that the only two centre backs we have been linked with are unproven in the premiership. Linked with Lewis Dunk in the "media partner", today. He any good?

Dunk is a good player. Went a bit off the rails after being charged with sexual assault (was cleared) and came back into things much better this year. Was one of the stand out players in what was a pretty poor season for Brighton. Is a big guy who is very strong in the air. Would be a hell of an improvement on the 'big lump' style defender ala Williamson.

It's partly the fact that we rarely have (m)any new signings playing a decent preseason with us. Every summer we reflect on numerous previous transfer windows of little transfer activity that has left the squad short by sitting on our hands wondering how long until the fans notice and go mad. With tens of millions in the bank. It's bullshit, but it's our deceitful, backwards transfer policy.

Think Dost will be the first player in. For no particular reason, probably that tart from a previous page.

Just has the hallmark of a Carr deal. Player we've been linked with before, from a country we have signed from before for a fee we have paid before. 9m sounds right up our strasse.

If he is on his own, it's not enough.