The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Guest Howaythetoon

But surely spending £52million could bring in effective replacements for that spine and improve other areas?

It's still ridiculous to say they didn't spend money

Look what we spent under McClaren and where that got us....

As ever in football it's all about the manager and his players. The right balance can reap rewards, the wrong balance can lead to disaster regardless.

£76.65m spent by Aston Villa this season.

Yeah that's not a lot  :lol:

Is that Net?

:pokerface:

Tbh it annoys me when every Sky pundit trots out the line about Newcastle spending a fortune in the summer, when net we didn't spend a penny.

Is that Net?

Tbh it annoys me when every Sky pundit trots out the line about Newcastle spending a fortune in the summer, when net we didn't spend a penny.

:thup: That was the point I was making.

But surely spending £52million could bring in effective replacements for that spine and improve other areas?

Not defending Bruce, Villa or whoever.

But this idea you can replace your best players with the money - largely never works. Nearly always in the short-term there is a step back. To have a player that is in effect "too good" for your team is extremely difficult because generally the team is only able to attract a lower standard of player. It's very difficult to make lightning strike several times.

But this idea you can replace your best players with the money - largely never works. Nearly always in the short-term there is a step back. To have a player that is in effect "too good" for your team is extremely difficult because generally the team is only able to attract a lower standard of player. It's very difficult to make lightning strike several times.

Southampton have managed it fairly well.

Southampton have managed it fairly well.

We did originally when we replaced Carroll, Nolan & Enrique with Ba, Cabaye & Santon. He's right what he says though generally

Is that Net?

I know about the net spend, but as i remember it a paper from their end (possibly a chronicle version for them) gave us stick for apparently buying the league. Ignoring net spend.

And as it turns if we do ignore net spend as they did, Villa have spent more than we have, and are what 30pts behind us now. It's a raspberry at them not anyone else to be honest.

Also lose heavily midweek and I can see Leicester seriously binning Ranieri.

Clear favourite to be the next manager to leave.

They don't have a track record of binning managers during the season though, even when Pearson was doing dreadful he was given the entire season (which actually worked out in the end).

Would be surprised if he's sacked, unsurprised if he resigns.