2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Love England's group like. Interesting games and reckon they'll still get through.

Will also enjoy seeing USA and Australia be rightly punished for their hatred of the beautiful game.

It'll do my heart good to see England, the "cradle" of world football, bow out unspectacularly, again. :)

Don't be jealous, your 'sports' are good too.  Everyone likes a game of rounders.

Early guesses:

Group A: Brazil, Croatia

Group B: Spain, Chile

Group C: Colombia, Japan

Group D: Italy, England

Group E: France, Switzerland

Group F: Argentina, Iran  :coolsmiley:

Group G: Germany, Portugal

Group H: Russia, Belgium

Early guesses:

Group A: Brazil, Croatia

Group B: Spain, Chile

Group C: Colombia, Japan

Group D: Italy, England

Group E: France, Switzerland

Group F: Argentina, Iran  :coolsmiley:

Group G: Germany, Portugal

Group H: Russia, Belgium

Not even knock-out stages. :huff:

My guess:

Round of 16:

Brazil - Netherlands

Columbia - England

France - Nigeria

Germany - South Korea

Spain - Croatia

Italy - Japan

Argentina - Switzerland

Belgium - United States

Quarters:

Brazil - England

France - Germany

Spain - Japan

Argentina - United States

Semis:

Brazil - Germany

Spain - Argentina

Final:

Brazil - Argentina

Winner:

Argentina

#winning

Think all South American teams are going past their group.

Wouldn't surprise me. Ecuador really isn't great away from home, but their group isn't very strong either. Toss-up between them and Switzerland for me.

Depends which Uruguay shows up. Play like they did during qualification and they'll bounce out, but if their aging defense holds up...

Ecuador is one of those altitude-aided teams, correct? If so, I don't see much coming from them. Actually, I've just checked. They were undefeated at Quito (the highest capital city in the world) and didn't win any matches elsewhere during qualifying. I think decent sides will expose them at sea level.

Ecuador is one of those altitude-aided teams, correct? If so, I don't see much coming from them. Actually, I've just checked. They were undefeated at Quito (the highest capital city in the world) and didn't win any matches elsewhere during qualifying. I think decent sides will expose them at sea level.

They've also been hit with the death of Chucho. But I still think they have enough in their team to beat Honduras, and give Switzerland and France a game.

Ah, ok :blush:

Thought it was relevant to the WC.

How is that relevant to the World Cup in any way?

It is, probably better in here. Shameful scenes, makes me worry.

Worry over what? I've already stated in the other thread that there was a total lack of police, there was actually zero police in the stadium because the organizers decided that in a game involving two teams in a must win wouldn't cause any troubles. 3 steward-securities on each side of the Vasco fans and then nothing. This won't be the case in the World Cup. I'm not defending these actions or Brazilian violent culture in any way, but I remember last time there in South Africa people talked about the same stuff, completely taking away the fact that British and German fans are usually the most disgraceful ones in international tournaments and that in Poland in the Euros the Russians completely embarrassed themselves.

In the World Cup, security will be at max, when I saw Brazil - England at Maracana, there was 50 police at every corner plus military troops patrolling the area, and this was for a friendly. This game today was due to some idiotic young men and idiotic event organizers. As for the game going ahead, the decision was apparently made by the police according to law, they had restored order and they were the ones to decide the game should continue.

Because it's major violence in the run up to the World Cup in the country that's hosting the World Cup. Pretty simple, really.

Don't take it so personally.

Not taking it personally, was the same discussion going into the WC in South Africa.

Worry over what? I've already stated in the other thread that there was a total lack of police, there was actually zero police in the stadium because the organizers decided that in a game involving two teams in a must win wouldn't cause any troubles. 3 steward-securities on each side of the Vasco fans and then nothing. This won't be the case in the World Cup. I'm not defending these actions or Brazilian violent culture in any way, but I remember last time there in South Africa people talked about the same stuff, completely taking away the fact that British and German fans are usually the most disgraceful ones in international tournaments and that in Poland in the Euros the Russians completely embarrassed themselves.

In the World Cup, security will be at max, when I saw Brazil - England at Maracana, there was 50 police at every corner plus military troops patrolling the area, and this was for a friendly. This game today was due to some idiotic young men and idiotic event organizers. As for the game going ahead, the decision was apparently made by the police according to law, they had restored order and they were the ones to decide the game should continue.

South America is consistently the worst for football violence. Say what you want but it's not as prevalent in Britain, especially within the stadia. Same in Germany. The organisers for this game will likely be involved in the World Cup, no? As POOT says, it's another case of major violence in the lead up to a world cup. It's not improved over the last few years, if anything it's getting worse.

If money can make South Africa work, it will easily do the same for Brazil. This is bad, but nothing compared to the Ellis Park incident. The violence on the streets in probably worse in SA as well.

Ellis Park wasn't necessarily violence was it? I thought it was overadmittance and a stampede.

If money can make South Africa work, it will easily do the same for Brazil. This is bad, but nothing compared to the Ellis Park incident. The violence on the streets in probably worse in SA as well.

Ellis Park wasn't necessarily violence was it? I thought it was overadmittance and a stampede.

The random poor, hooligans filling those stands will likely be no where near any WC venue. It will be filled with rich people like Felipa~o. South Americans aren't any more predisposed to violence, anyway. Poverty, alcohol, and ignorance bring it about. The concerning issue would be the general incompetence of the officials in handling problems, but I seriously doubt the infrastructure for this match will be approaching anything seen in 2014. It will be beyond anything previously implemented in Brazil, just as it was in SA or even Beijing 2008.

South America is consistently the worst for football violence. Say what you want but it's not as prevalent in Britain, especially within the stadia. Same in Germany. The organisers for this game will likely be involved in the World Cup, no? As POOT says, it's another case of major violence in the lead up to a world cup. It's not improved over the last few years, if anything it's getting worse.

I wouldn't think these organizers have anything to do with the World Cup no :lol:

Don't remember many being worried about this happening in Poland /Ukraine. Don't remember anyone saying shit about what happened between English, German and even Polish fans for most part of the 2006 World Cups.

Like I said, problem here was total lack of security and police, and Baba makes a huge point as well.

I wouldn't think these organizers have anything to do with the World Cup no :lol:

Don't remember many being worried about this happening in Poland /Ukraine. Don't remember anyone saying s*** about what happened between English, German and even Polish fans for most part of the 2006 World Cups.

Like I said, problem here was total lack of security and police, and Baba makes a huge point as well.

Fairly major problem then :lol:

There was quite a lot of publicity regarding Poland/Ukraine imo, like here. Doesn't mean it isn't a problem for this upcoming world cup too. From what I've heard and read it's much worse in South America.

But yes, the 'poor' will be priced out of the stadium, at least. They'll still congregate. I just thought Brazil would be trying their best at every level to tidy up their name and consistently I'm reading of riots, injuries and deaths. Not to mention the transport and accommodation problems for the world cup.