2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's such a horrible term of phrase basically legitimising cheating.

'Robben dived'

'Aye but he deserved a penalty'

'Oh that makes it OK then.

'The Yorkshire Ripper killed a few women'

'Aye but he deserved a good time's

Its not cheating to dive when you are fouled, its common sense

We've been here before :lol:. Of course it's cheating. It sucks that refs almost never have the balls to blow unless someone falls over, and that it certainly seems that you sometimes have to dive to get the right decision made, but it's still cheating.

Guest palnese

I'm definitely not one to speak, but that is a fucking dive in my opinion. He's smart, but there's no way he can't stand on his leg there.

We know its a dive but its also a penalty

No, it's fucking not!

Guest neesy111

I'm definitely not one to speak, but that is a fucking dive in my opinion. He's smart, but there's no way he can't stand on his leg there.

:lol:

I'm definitely not one to speak, but that is a f***ing dive in my opinion. He's smart, but there's no way he can't stand on his leg there.

Then Fred's is also a penalty, as the defender puts his hand on his shoulder.

I'm definitely not one to speak, but that is a f***ing dive in my opinion. He's smart, but there's no way he can't stand on his leg there.

Butbutbut...there was "contact" :anguish:.

Aye, I think more should be required to blow a penalty. It's not the same as in the middle of the pitch. There's the slightest of touches and just like Fred he throws himself for it. Referees should require more contact needs to be made for a penalty.

Unless there is nothing to possibly stop you going over due to the contact it is a dive.

:thup:

I don't blame Robben, he's doing what anyone would do in that position. I wonder what Unbelievables opinion is, the man who condemned Suarez handball at the World Cup. Going by his arguments back then, there's no way he's happy here.

Guest palnese

Unless there is nothing to possibly stop you going over due to the contact it is a dive.

:thup:

I don't blame Robben, he's doing what anyone would do in that position. I wonder what Unbelievables opinion is, the man who condemned Suarez handball at the World Cup. Going by his arguments back then, there's no way he's happy here.

So wrong.

Guest palnese

Standing on someone's foot stopping them from getting to the ball is a foul in my opinion.

I'm getting angry at this ffs :lol:

Personally think he's tripped him, the only reason there's such conflicted emotions on it IMO is because of the ridiculous threatricals from Robben to exaggerate the contact.

But he does trip him IMO, Robben just had to go down normally and fine but nah he acts like he's been sniped instead.

Ok hypothetical scenario. Newcastle are in a champions league final. We are losing by one goal with 2 minutes left. Ben Arfa gets the ball and runs into the box and one of the defenders stands on his foot preventing him from getting to the ball. Would you prefer if he dived and won a penalty or stayed on his feet and didn't get a penalty?

Guest bimpy474

Standing on someone's foot stopping them from getting to the ball is a foul in my opinion.

It's a contact game not every contact is a foul, he dived at merest of touches. But it's becoming non contact at a rapid rate. Soon football will just tarts flouncing over when breathed on. I fucking hate it.

Someone standing on your foot doesnt make you fly three foot in the air.

Ok hypothetical scenario. Newcastle are in a champions league final. We are losing by one goal with 2 minutes left. Ben Arfa gets the ball and runs into the box and one of the defenders stands on his foot preventing him from getting to the ball. Would you prefer if he dived and won a penalty or stayed on his feet and didn't get a penalty?

Shola's gone now, we'd have no-one left to score the penalty.

Guest bimpy474

Fuck right off with that shit like  :p

Personally think he's tripped him, the only reason there's such conflicted emotions on it IMO is because of the ridiculous threatricals from Robben to exaggerate the contact.

But he does trip him IMO, Robben just had to go down normally and fine but nah he acts like he's been sniped instead.

If you were sniped you'd just fall down like a sack of potatoes. You'd not throw yourself around like a tart.

In this hypothetical scenario I'd still take the high road and feel any win through cheating would tarnish the glory.

That said I'd probably still be celebrating.

Of course it doesn't but if he didn't dive he wouldn't have got a penalty

Fairly certain in that situation, with the ref having the viewpoint he had, he'd have gotten the pen if he'd fallen like a normal person as well.

In this hypothetical scenario I'd still take the high road and feel any win through cheating would tarnish the glory.

That said I'd probably still be celebrating.

So if you got a penalty which was a foul but he dived to get it, it would tarnish the glory? That just seems mental to me

Fairly certain in that situation, with the ref having the viewpoint he had, he'd have gotten the pen if he'd fallen like a normal person as well.

Its not going to look natural no matter what way he dives.