2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Olic decision wasn't a foul for me. He just outjumped the flappy-handed Cesar and the ref gave the decision to the keeper - as appears to be the vogue when anyone challenges a keeper aerially and wins. Crap decision, but not uncommon sadly.

Olic decision wasn't a foul for me. He just outjumped the flappy-handed Cesar and the ref gave the decision to the keeper - as appears to be the vogue when anyone challenges a keeper aerially and wins. Crap decision, but not uncommon sadly.

Cannavaro said after the game that 'FIFA rules' say that you can't touch the keeper in the 6-yard box? In which case it is a foul but it's a fucking stupid rule

Cannavaro said after the game that 'FIFA rules' say that you can't touch the keeper in the 6-yard box? In which case it is a foul but it's a fucking stupid rule

Yeah, the keeper always gets the benefit of the doubt in that area. It's not always right because I think in most cases the attacker has just as much right to challenge for a ball as the keeper does.

What happened with the rumour that all kits apart from Brazil must be a single colour? Is that still happening after Croatia wore different coloured shorts & socks.

What happened with the rumour that all kits apart from Brazil must be a single colour? Is that still happening after Croatia wore different coloured shorts & socks.

Australia have been forced to wear an all gold kit for tonights game against Chile. But against Spain and Netherlands they will wear green shorts.

Cannavaro said after the game that 'FIFA rules' say that you can't touch the keeper in the 6-yard box? In which case it is a foul but it's a f***ing stupid rule

Rule has been around for ages. That's what the 6 yard line is there for. That said, I'm not even sure that qualified last night.

Cannavaro said after the game that 'FIFA rules' say that you can't touch the keeper in the 6-yard box? In which case it is a foul but it's a f***ing stupid rule

Rule has been around for ages. That's what the 6 yard line is there for. That said, I'm not even sure that qualified last night.

Agreed. Cesar was shockingly bad in that particular play and got away with it. Who the fuck starts a keeper that had barely played 5 minutes the entire season just before hosting the world cup? He was rusty and shaky and it showed.

Actually, that may be wrong. Just googled for a rule protecting a goalkeeper in the 6 yard box, but it appears to not or no longer exist. Maybe somebody with a better grasp of the rules can explain.

That ref was the biggest homer I've ever seen.

Gave Brasil a dodgy pen, wrongly disallowed a Croatia goal and gave them nowt all night.

Croatia desperately unlucky to lose that game and played very well.

The pen wasn't dodgy, the pen was appaling. Was horrible to give it, but I've seen this ref give stuff under pressure. It's all on FIFA. However, if he was a ''homer'' is bullshit. He let some Croatian players make 5-6 fouls. Vrsaljko who scissored Oscar down at the corner flag had more than his fair share of terrible tackles to still be on the pitch. He just had a bad game all around, my new hero though:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Yuichi+Nishimura+Olympics+Day+5+Men+Football+XB-BkwQlreyl.jpg

Actually, that may be wrong. Just googled for a rule protecting a goalkeeper in the 6 yard box, but it appears to not or no longer exist. Maybe somebody with a better grasp of the rules can explain.

You can touch the goalkeeper I think, but you can't impede the goalkeeper to move in the 6-yard-box which is exactly what Olic did. At least in SA these fouls are always blown, honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a ref not blow a foul for that. Even in the PL and big European leagues we see that consistently, but because it was Brazil and they got a horrible pen people are trying to make more out of it.

Now Unbelievable, I'm going to Arena Fonte Nova to watch your god damn team, and I'm starting to hope they actually win. I'm starting to think that Spain shouldn't get out of that group because they'll win it all if they do.

That ref was the biggest homer I've ever seen.

Gave Brasil a dodgy pen, wrongly disallowed a Croatia goal and gave them nowt all night.

Croatia desperately unlucky to lose that game and played very well.

The pen wasn't dodgy, the pen was appaling. Was horrible to give it, but I've seen this ref give stuff under pressure. It's all on FIFA. However, if he was a ''homer'' is bullshit. He let some Croatian players make 5-6 fouls. Vrsaljko who scissored Oscar down at the corner flag had more than his fair share of terrible tackles to still be on the pitch. He just had a bad game all around, my new hero though:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Yuichi+Nishimura+Olympics+Day+5+Men+Football+XB-BkwQlreyl.jpg

Sorry mate,  he was biased to Brazil massively. Diabolical really.